Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
swamp

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Post by swamp » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 pm

ejbman wrote:
cdugger wrote: I'm using some of his stuff in my ongoing project for the Dunesteef.
Whatcha doin' for the Dunesteef? (Forgive me if that would be obvious from listening to current episodes - I'm the kind of compulsive that needs to listen to a podcast sequentially from the beginning and I'm only up to December 2009).
Dunesteef asked for help from anybody who would like to help produce their episodes. I took them up on it. And it sounds like cdugger did too. However, that is just my guess. cdugger, correct me if I'm wrong.

ejbman

Post by ejbman » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:14 pm

swamp wrote:
ejbman wrote:
cdugger wrote: I'm using some of his stuff in my ongoing project for the Dunesteef.
Whatcha doin' for the Dunesteef? (Forgive me if that would be obvious from listening to current episodes - I'm the kind of compulsive that needs to listen to a podcast sequentially from the beginning and I'm only up to December 2009).
Dunesteef asked for help from anybody who would like to help produce their episodes. I took them up on it. And it sounds like cdugger did too. However, that is just my guess. cdugger, correct me if I'm wrong.
Cool! I've been enjoying that show quite a bit. Also, as I am sort of 'between opportunities' for at least the next few months, I'm looking for places to do voice work - for fun, if not for profit. Hence the curiosity.
The Dribblecast: Beepin' Good.

cdugger

Post by cdugger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:20 am

dreamrock wrote:Oh, that reminds me. Sometimes I make my own music using PaulStretch. If you've heard extremely slowed down ethereal Justin Bieber (trust me, if you like spacey and creepy, Bieber is totally tolerable this way and the lyrics are slowed down so much they can't be understood), PaulStretch or a program like it was used to produce the music.
Just heard about that on the Fullcast Podcast (http://www.fullcastpodcast.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Called dark-something, stroke? bend? whatever. Sounds like a neat idea, but haven't consciously or knowingly heard it.
Artist's blog: http://cbdugger.livejournal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian podcast: http://therighteousdude.podomatic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cdugger

Post by cdugger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:32 am

ejbman wrote:
swamp wrote:
ejbman wrote:Whatcha doin' for the Dunesteef?
Cool! I've been enjoying that show quite a bit. Also, as I am sort of 'between opportunities' for at least the next few months, I'm looking for places to do voice work - for fun, if not for profit. Hence the curiosity.
Yeah, I answered the call for volunteers. Gonna be fun, but I hope I'm up to it. This is my first REAL production. I've done one other, but it is so bad I refuse to give the link, and will probably take it offline.

If you are interested, email them at editors (at) dunesteef (dot) com. I have no idea what their needs are, so I cannot guarantee anything. Every person will have to make their own arrangement with them.
(Hope that was correct, Rish!)

They are releasing a story of mine in November, so that's how I got to talking to them.

Note: They do not allow authors to produce their own stories, which I think is very wise!

I've got some great talent lined up for the show I am doing (although haven't heard back from all of them yet). Not gonna say who until and unless Rish says I can. I don't know about their "pre-release" rules.
Artist's blog: http://cbdugger.livejournal.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christian podcast: http://therighteousdude.podomatic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ejbman

Post by ejbman » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:59 am

cdugger wrote: If you are interested, email them at editors (at) dunesteef (dot) com.
Done.
The Dribblecast: Beepin' Good.

cdugger

Post by cdugger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 am

Time Again and Quantum Jumping both recorded and sent!

Rish Outfield

Post by Rish Outfield » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:05 pm

cdugger wrote:I've got some great talent lined up for the Dunesteef show I am doing (although haven't heard back from all of them yet). Not gonna say who until and unless Rish says I can. I don't know about their "pre-release" rules.
You can say whatever you like. The only caveat is not to count them chickens before they hatch. I blogged about a "wonderful" story we were going to do on the show once, only to have the author retract it, since a real dollar value publication wanted it. Whoops.

And I've got to thank all the Dribblers who have volunteered to do stories for us. You don't have to do a huge production on it. If you just want to edit the recording and voices, and have Big and me put in music and sound effects later, we can totally use that too.

swamp

Post by swamp » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:29 pm

For those of you who liked Early Riser on the Dribblecast should really go check out "The Taste of Starlight" at Lightspeed Magazine this month. It takes the concept to a whole new level.

Praxis

Post by Praxis » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 pm

Phenopath wrote:I just pinged up 13MB file of Vacation on Praxis.
Sounds painful. :P
"What are bones?"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 am

Vacation of Praxis was a blast. Great job!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:20 am

We've got a packed few days ahead on the Dribblecast. All of the audio that has been sent in is scheduled.

Two drabbles a day Friday and Saturday, and a Very Special Halloween episode recorded by Swamp that'll go up on Sunday. Fairly sure he didn't intend for it to be a Halloween episode specifically, but it works out great.

Many many thanks to everyone who's been recording.

I have the last pieces I need for the promo so now I've just got to put them together and then throw it up on the feed in case anyone wants to use it.
tbaker2500 wrote:Vacation of Praxis was a blast. Great job!
Yes, indeedy. :D
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:28 am

Wicked, cheers guys.
Praxis wrote:
Phenopath wrote:I just pinged up 13MB file of Vacation on Praxis.
Sounds painful. :P
Hmm, I am not sure where the idea of of Praxis as the name of a Jovian moon came from... now I know.
Phenopath's Story Archive

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Great readings.
I think I may have started a trend with having fun with Munsi's name.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

cdugger

Post by cdugger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:53 pm

How'd ya like that? Figured I would have some fun with it.

mrsmica

Post by mrsmica » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:46 pm

I really enjoyed "all at once".

Loof

Post by Loof » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Submitted: Incumbent, by Scattercat.

Really hope I pronounced Duodenum correctly.

themorg

Post by themorg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:38 am

Loof wrote:Submitted: Incumbent, by Scattercat.

welcome Loof

i look forward to the miss-pronunciation of a word that i do not know.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

bell

Post by bell » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 am

It's either duh-AWE-den-noom or duo-DEAN-um. either is fine, depending on the scansion of the poem you are writing about it:

He must have eaten the nuts, for no one has seen them,
They must be in his stomach or his duodenum,

or:

My duodenum hurts, and that''s a pity,
Not mincing words, I'm feeling $#itty.

Of course, neither is how the Romans pronounced it. Or was it Greeks?

Lesson over. You may return to programming already in progress.
http://www.apoGrypha.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What would have been written.
Spoiler:
If they hadn't died first.

Loof

Post by Loof » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:13 am

bell wrote:

It's either duh-AWE-den-noom or duo-DEAN-um. either is fine, depending on the scansion of the poem you are writing about it:

He must have eaten the nuts, for no one has seen them,
They must be in his stomach or his duodenum,

or:

My duodenum hurts, and that''s a pity,
Not mincing words, I'm feeling $#itty.

Of course, neither is how the Romans pronounced it. Or was it Greeks?

Lesson over. You may return to programming already in progress.
Thanks! I went for duo-DEAN-um in the end, as its the one I found most often on the internet. (Though I am aware that isn't the greatest guarantee of accuracy.)

themorg

Post by themorg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:43 am

Loof wrote: its the one I found most often on the internet. (Though I am aware that isn't the greatest guarantee of accuracy.)
were you questioning the validity of the internet or the information found on the internet?
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false