Page 34 of 35

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:30 pm
by ROU Killing Time
btw, did anyone mention that you da man, for driving the dribblecast into it's own domain, Tom?

If not, well then, you da man, bud.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:39 pm
by dreamrock
tbaker2500 wrote:Hee hee... Nice rationalization. How about the truth- I previewed on built-in speakers, and didn't catch the left-mono problem. And I saw the file error, but it played, and I was tired. I also forgot to credit Norm's song. I fix those tonight.

But, I did experiment with loading Bo's cover art into the MP3 file, and that worked very nicely. We should consider that an expected thing. iTunes and iPods display episode art, not feed art. So if an episode doesn't have cover art imbedded, it doesn't display anything.
Hm. Episode art may prove a challenge. Obviously, we can use the same art repeatedly except when someone gets a hankering to do a custom job. Otherwise, I see complexity quickly becoming an issue.


Edit: ignore this bit. My mind jumped to the most complicated scenario possible. And, yes, Tom is totally the man. :D

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 am
by tbaker2500
Only need the one piece, really.

And while I put some effort into this rev, it's everybody who'd doing the cool crap. I really like this effort.
Now who wants to write some material for the "We are Dribblecast" page? Pop on over there and give it a go!

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:04 pm
by swamp
tbaker2500 wrote:Now who wants to write some material for the "We are Dribblecast" page? Pop on over there and give it a go!
I did so, Sir Tom.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:20 pm
by tbaker2500
Hee hee. Nice. (It's St. Tom, by the way.)
As we work out the bugs, we can put the whole posting procedure and hint's-n-tricks on a page there too.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:23 am
by Chivalrybean
The first five unique people to post a link to a drabble on this forum will have the linked story recorded, with sound effects, by me for The Dribblecast. I don't want to have to go find and pick some to record, so I'll let ya'll do that part for me {:0p

You may link to anyone's story, but try for one that hasn't been done before. Obviously, only ones in this forum, unless you know the author will be fine with it.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm
by swamp
Chivalrybean,

After overcoming the temptation to suggest a story that I wrote, I nominate the Adventures of Capt. McClain, pt 3 by J.E. Ignatius McNiel (Dreamrock). Part 1 and part 2 have already been dribbled so it would be nice to see the trilogy completed. (Then there's the clone.)

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:11 pm
by dreamrock
swamp wrote:Chivalrybean,

After overcoming the temptation to suggest a story that I wrote, I nominate the Adventures of Capt. McClain, pt 3 by J.E. Ignatius McNiel (Dreamrock). Part 1 and part 2 have already been dribbled so it would be nice to see the trilogy completed. (Then there's the clone.)

I still need to finish writing the clone. Bad serial writer, bad. Though I do have more parts written than posted.

I'll nom something Swamp once I get to a computer and fulfill my other computer obligations.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:39 pm
by ROU Killing Time
dreamrock wrote:
swamp wrote:Chivalrybean,

After overcoming the temptation to suggest a story that I wrote, I nominate the Adventures of Capt. McClain, pt 3 by J.E. Ignatius McNiel (Dreamrock). Part 1 and part 2 have already been dribbled so it would be nice to see the trilogy completed. (Then there's the clone.)

I still need to finish writing the clone. Bad serial writer, bad. Though I do have more parts written than posted.

I'll nom something Swamp once I get to a computer and fulfill my other computer obligations.
While the world at large will never know the identity of the Navy SEAL that pulled the trigger on bin Laden, I think we all know who it must have been.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:31 am
by Chivalrybean
I will do it {:0) If not tomorrow (I have to record a Mi-Go drabble for Yog Radio) then I will after vacation {:0)

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:03 pm
by tbaker2500
All right Old Bean, how about Kitties:
http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/post29906.html#p29906" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 am
by bell
Chivalrybean wrote:The first five unique people to post a link to a drabble on this forum will have the linked story recorded, with sound effects, by me for The Dribblecast. I don't want to have to go find and pick some to record, so I'll let ya'll do that part for me {:0p

You may link to anyone's story, but try for one that hasn't been done before. Obviously, only ones in this forum, unless you know the author will be fine with it.
Has this one ever been done?

http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/viewt ... =10&t=2460" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:36 am
by tbaker2500
New Dribble posted.

How are the stories coming, Chivalrybean?

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 am
by Chivalrybean
I'll get on these soon. {:0)

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:39 am
by Chivalrybean
tbaker2500 wrote:New Dribble posted.

How are the stories coming, Chivalrybean?

Sorry, after vacation I had totally forgotten about this, and the forum never emails me like it's supposed to, which didn't help.

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 1:49 am
by tbaker2500
Sweet. Well, I haven't got a submission form put up yet. email them to - post at dribblecast.org.
Thanks!

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:07 am
by jay4
In a completely narcissistic flourish, I'd be as thrilled as a rapture-bound Cthulu to have my story recorded & broadcast.

http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/poked ... tml#p28822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Jay4

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:14 am
by Chivalrybean
jay4 wrote:In a completely narcissistic flourish, I'd be as thrilled as a rapture-bound Cthulu to have my story recorded & broadcast.

http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/poked ... tml#p28822" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks,
Jay4
I think this makes 4! {:0)

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 am
by mrsmica
I've sent in some things!
Think of it as my last hurrah before baby #2 comes screeching into our lives :D

Re: Fan Cast (Dribblecast Decision Making)

Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:51 am
by tbaker2500
mrsmica wrote:I've sent in some things!
Think of it as my last hurrah before baby #2 comes screeching into our lives :D
Hey, congratulations!

Thanks for the submissions. I didn't see them come into post@dribblecast.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;- If you sent it to the old address, it may not be seen. :-)