Capclave 2013 - George R.R. Martin, GOH - Washington, D.C.

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
sandrilde

Capclave 2013 - George R.R. Martin, GOH - Washington, D.C.

Postby sandrilde » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Since I'm hanging out on these forums a lot lately, due to my obsessive race through the catalog of DCs, might as well plug a convention that I work closely with every year. Washington, D.C.'s science fiction association holds a small, written-word-centric convention each October, and this year we're excited to have George R.R. Martin as our guest of honor.

The fun thing about this convention is that it is small, so you tend to interact with all attendees, including the guests, quite a bit. Also, it's literary focused, so there very little cosplay, no focus on TV or movies - not that those things aren't great, but this is a convention for people who love reading and/or writing to just focus on those things.

There are a few of us in WSFA (the Washington science fiction association) who are pretty obsessed with podcasts, with Drabblecast being the favorite for many of us, so we're hoping to nudge the people putting the convention together to make some panels focused on podcasts this year.

Anyway, if you're in the area, come check us out =D

Also excited for Balticon this May, with Joe Haldeman as special guest. Haven't read the Forever War yet but my plan is to read at least volume one before then.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: Capclave 2013 - George R.R. Martin, GOH - Washington, D.

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:28 am

Neat. I'm to far away, but thanks for talking about it!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”