Help with recording and/or GarageBand

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
JarodKAnderson

Help with recording and/or GarageBand

Postby JarodKAnderson » Sat May 10, 2014 3:30 am

Hey Gang,

Inspired by Norm's B-Sides on audio production, I got myself a decent microphone and some other equipment he recommended. I was planning to use GarageBand as my DAW. In preparation, I updated GarageBand which might not have been a great idea. The update got rid of the podcast-specific options. Does anybody have any experience with the updated GarageBand (or a better DAW to recommend)? I'm not in love with any of the vocal settings I've tried in GarageBand and for some reason the playback on my recording tests seems quieter than I would like. I'm using a Sure SM58 mic with a pop filter and a presonus audiobox audio interface. I was hoping to submit something to the Dribblecast.

Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jarod
Last edited by Algernon Sydney is Dead on Sat May 10, 2014 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced generic title with more "SEO" one.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Help with recording and/or GarageBand

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat May 10, 2014 4:30 am

Until someone with more Mac experience shows up, you might get some help at http://sound.stackexchange.com/.
(Just be sure to read the FAQ first, Stack Exchange sites like detailed, actionable, objective questions. The sites can be hard on beginners.)

May be related?: Garageband export volume issue

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Sat May 10, 2014 3:41 pm

It looks like the new Garage Band is a repacked version of Logic Pro X. You can still do it, it's just named differently. I don't have much experience myself, but it looks like there are some tutorials out there. Here's one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxcjfAZdObQ

I'm looking forward to seeing some new content for the Dribblecast! Remember, we don't care if you sound like an idiot! :-)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

JarodKAnderson

Postby JarodKAnderson » Sat May 10, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks Guys! I'll get something pulled together (I also don't care if I sound like an idiot. :) )

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”