Drabcast

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
unseentangerine

Drabcast

Postby unseentangerine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:20 pm

What if someone made a podcast featuring long-form non-fiction and instead if a green tentacle their logo was a grey line and instead of creative stories they ran articles about the history of doily arrangement and instead of original music they played arpeggios of various scales on a bassoon and instead of secret messages in the background audio there were periodic commercial breaks and instead of the dates of each recording in reality being nothing but alibis all they episodes were recorded like 20 years ago and instead of a charismatic host it was delivered by geology teachers? Anyway, I would call it the Drabcast.
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

pondspider

Re: Drabcast

Postby pondspider » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:21 am

unseentangerine wrote:... and instead of secret messages in the background audio ...

Might this explain the inexplicable urges to walk barefoot in cool salt water of seaweedy rock pools? :shock:

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:10 pm

pondspider wrote:
unseentangerine wrote:... and instead of secret messages in the background audio ...

Might this explain the inexplicable urges to walk barefoot in cool salt water of seaweedy rock pools? :shock:

I thought all of those were in Wales. You have them in England too?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

pondspider

Postby pondspider » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:11 pm

strawman wrote:
pondspider wrote:

I thought all of those were in Wales. You have them in England too?

Many places around the UK where there are coastal cliffs also have good rock pools. I have pleasant childhood memories, camping near a beach in Sussex, spending every day in and around the rock pools beneath the chalk cliffs.

http://www.wildlifetrusts.org/rockpools

The Seven Sisters, East Sussex.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”