Looking for the name of this story

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
shammon5

Looking for the name of this story

Postby shammon5 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:13 am

Hi all! I'm looking for a short story whose title I forget. I thought I heard this story on Drabblecast, or Pseudopod or something but after combing the archives I can't seem to find it, so I thought I'd ask for help. It may just be a short story I heard read somewhere.

It's set at a carnival, and is about a woman who performs there who cheats on her husband with another carnival performer. Her husband may or may not be the strongman, I don't remember... Anyway, her husband finds out and he and the other carnival workers capture them. They tattoo his beautiful wife all over her body and I think they tar and feather her lover. She then has to perform at the carnival as "the tattooed woman" or something like that. That's all I remember about the story, but it was pretty intense and the imagery stuck with me despite the title disappearing. If anyone knows it, please tell me! Thanks!

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Looking for the name of this story

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:31 am

Welcome aboard, shammon5!

I don't remember this story on DC (but the Alzheimer's is advancing) so it's probably on Pseudopod or some other 'cast.

shammon5

Postby shammon5 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:33 am

Nope, I've checked on their forums too, no luck. I was mostly hoping that at least someone else had heard or read this before and could tell me the title.:)

strawman

Postby strawman » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:49 pm

You may be thinking of Tod Browning's 1932 movie, Freaks. The plot is too similar to your description not to be.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

uncre8d1

Postby uncre8d1 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:53 pm

This theme, or a very similar one, was also used in "American Horror Story: Freak Show".
This post is made of at least 60% recycled letters. Want to help keep the Internet clean? You can, by sweeping any excess letters you may find into the 'reply' box.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”