Please help me find a favorite episode..

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Hemlockcocktail

Please help me find a favorite episode..

Postby Hemlockcocktail » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:04 am

This is a longshot, and my apologies in advance for my vagueness but...

The episode was a reading of a short story by some old-school highly acclaimed spec-fic author, recorded by permission of the author's estate. The story is 30+ years old.

The story takes place in a far future post apocalyptic distopia.
The main character is considering paying a high price for a relived memory slash alternate past experience from some wizardlike individual and his machine. He decides against it, and goes on with his happy life which is described in brief. In the end, it turns out that his happy life really was a alternate memory furnished by the wizardlike guy and his machine, and the lead character pays for the experience with all of his possessions, which consist of a spool of wire, (fill in other pieces of trivial scrap scrap here).

Ring any bells?

Thanks Weirdos!

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Please help me find a favorite episode..

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:21 pm

That sounds like The Store of the Worlds by Bobby S. That was Drabbleclassics episode 7.

CaseyParker

Re: Please help me find a favorite episode..

Postby CaseyParker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:42 am

That's a personal favorite of mine as well. I thought it was touching and beautiful, and made me feel considerably better about life. Not in the "but for the grace of God go I" way, but in the way I find that I cherish such little things while everything around me is demanding I demand more ... and I don't want more.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”