Still alive?

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
Spindaddy

Still alive?

Postby Spindaddy » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Hey all

I got sucked into a hell mouth and have finally fought my way back to some sort of normalcy. I noticed there hadn't been a Podcast since may. Has the drabblecast taken some torpedoes mid ship or have I just missed out on some announcement somewhere?

Also did I hear Steve Elys voice in episode 380?
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.

McLaughin

Re: Still alive?

Postby McLaughin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:13 am

Man, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one wondering. Nothing on the twitter feed about it, nothing on the forums. Is the party over? 'Cause I missed the memo. I've been wondering if they wouldn't be better off knocking it back to a monthly podcast instead of weekly. Maybe that'd be more manageable?

Farseeker

Postby Farseeker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:18 am

I feel sad. I fear my favorite podcast is no more.

Norm, talk to us. Say it ain't so.
I never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Thomas Daulton

Postby Thomas Daulton » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:01 am

Same here. I only get to check the podcast intermittently, I binge and download a dozen episodes every month or two. So it got all the way here to July before I noticed there's been no podcast since May. Hope the asylum is still above water!!

If ***gods forfend*** the main podcast stops, hopefully our fan content can continue as a methadone substitute for awhile. The Dribblecast, the fan stories on the forums...
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost." --J.R.R. TOLKIEN

Oodb@ll1

Postby Oodb@ll1 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Worried about this, too. I really hope Norm's okay and that the Drabblecast isn't done. Is anyone also listening to Escape Pod - is he active over there? I haven't heard anything mentioned on Podcastle...

DavidEagle

Postby DavidEagle » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:25 pm

I made a donation in May and then new episodes stopped. A coincidence? Hey Norm, do you read the forums? We need to an update.

McLaughin

Postby McLaughin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:33 am

They did have a pretty huge gap in 2015 with no real explanation, maybe that's what's up again? Just a tweet or something would be nice. I hope Norm and the gang are all okay. :/

likhos_bf

Postby likhos_bf » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Good news everyone, Bo Kaier says they're just on hiatus, working on new episodes, no need to worry.

https://twitter.com/BoKaier/status/750120036556115969

McLaughin

Postby McLaughin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:13 am

Lol, I'm so glad to hear that. I was seriously worried that the Drabblecast was over and we'd all be left in a colder and emptier world devoid of Drabble-y goodness.

DavidEagle

Postby DavidEagle » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:26 am

So why the lack of open communication? We all respect Norm, but it seems to me this going dark reveals a lack of respect for the fan base and contributors.

devora

Postby devora » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:55 pm

I'm torn b/c, man, I love Uncle Norm so much so don't want to sound craggy and mean.

But golly, nary a word? How long would it take to record and post a "Hey Gang, I'm off for X amount of weeks!"?? It's a serious Q, I know nothing about the inner workings of podcastdom.

Norm, we miss you. Speak to us.

jonathan.frana

Postby jonathan.frana » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:36 am

I honestly didn't find out about the podcast until May of this year, and it was completely on accident. It quickly became my favorite and was amazing to have during my divorce. I have been listening to all the archive episodes for months now and am super bummed that it's slowed down this much.

PeachesLatour

Postby PeachesLatour » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:14 am

likhos_bf, thanks for passing along Bo's tweet! Glad to know the DC is still kicking... or... writhing... or whatever.

pondspider

Postby pondspider » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:34 pm

It's a couple of years since I last listened to DC and came back to it today for no obvious reason... I just needed some more weirdness in my life, I guess. :)
Anyway, It's good to see a few stories published recently, but I do worry that Norm [and the crew] may be struggling to stay afloat. I hope things are OK for them.

wendigo1

Postby wendigo1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:31 am

Seems like the hiatus might have gone on hiatus. A couple of episodes dropped, sure. And we had that little knowing chuckle for Women and Aliens "Month" but it still definitely feels like there's something going on and nobody's asking or saying much. It sure would be nice to get an official (as in from Norm via the podcast) update.
"You ever flush someone else's urinal for them in the bathroom? Of course you haven't. Chivalry's all but goddamned dead nowadays." - Norm Sherman

TonksM

Postby TonksM » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:25 pm

I've not known the Drabblecast for long, about a years now, but only recently got time to binge listen episodes, and after polishing up Night Vale till the current episode, I turned my attention back to the Drabblecast. To my dismay, when I saw the publication date of the 2nd most recent episode, I thought I had grabbed the wrong feed, but then realised that I had the correct one.

I'm incredibly worried, especially because I was planning to donate, with my recently binge listen only strengthing that want, but I'm not sure if it's dead, alive, or caught in a quantum superposition of dead and alive...

pondspider

Postby pondspider » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 pm

Hey Norm and crew. If finances are a problem, how about a Kickstarter or some such?
Otherwise, I hope life is treating you well. We miss you :'(

vluxrc

Postby vluxrc » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:45 pm

Or Patreon! I think per-episode Patreon would be a good fit for DC's irregular schedule.

McLaughin

Postby McLaughin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:03 am

Or really anything, at this point. If things are in a nosedive, I can't be the only one willing to pitch in however I can.

ScubaMan

Postby ScubaMan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 pm

I fear silence and infrequent delivery to subscribers (DC-b sides) may cause individuals to make their own conclusions. I loathe to add grist to the rumour mill. I hope the admin release a meta cast to update what's going on.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”