No Halloween episode again?

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
wendigo1

No Halloween episode again?

Postby wendigo1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:07 am

Dear Norm,

How do I ask this without being an ass? F it, here goes. Sorry if your feels get hurt. This isn't meant to be antagonistic but wtf is going on? If it's personal issues (the kind you don't want to or just can't go into detail about) then just say so. If it's business then tell us so we can help. If it's done, then let us know it's done. Just don't leave us hanging... Please. Do you know how hard it is to go through the big H without Drabblecast puns and bad ghost jokes? Seriously. God...

W
"You ever flush someone else's urinal for them in the bathroom? Of course you haven't. Chivalry's all but goddamned dead nowadays." - Norm Sherman

McLaughin

Re: No Halloween episode again?

Postby McLaughin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:42 pm

Duuuude, I know, right? If there's real life stuff going on, then I doubt any of us would be less than understanding. If it's business stuff, we'd most likely be willing to pitch in. And if the passion is gone and you need to end it, let us know. The not knowing is kinda frustrating for the fans.

paul.neem

November 7, 2016... silence from Drabblecast...

Postby paul.neem » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Damn... I have to add my voice to this discussion. I'm a monthly donor and it's been really quiet. If my funding is to maintain site hosting, I'd like to know. Wendigo1, I understand your reluctance to bring this up (as a Canadian, I try to avoid conflict like the plague). I sincerely hope Drabblecast gives us an update of the state of affairs.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:51 pm

McLaughin wrote:... if the passion is gone and you need to end it, let us know. The not knowing is kinda frustrating for the fans.

My own personal guess is that that is the case. Norm still pops up every once in a while on Escape Pod -- which is the show that supposedly inspired him in the first place.
When I worked with Norm on side projects, his interest came in manic spurts followed by loooong dry spells, until the project just withered and died ("feature creep" didn't help either).

I think DC is dead unless Norm just hands over the keys to someone as twistedly fun as Young!Norm was. I think he kind of, halfheartedly, tried to do this with some long-gone members of the community, but as they aren't here, it obviously didn't work out.

This is all just my SWAG and I don't speak for Norm. I would love to be proved wrong.

wendigo1

Postby wendigo1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:50 am

There's a bit of distance between my first post in this thread and this one. I eventually went digging around on the internet and eventually discovered what our fearless hero is doing with all his "free" time. It's quite extraordinary and way, way more important than this podcast in the long run. I don't know if I'm the only idiot in the community that didn't know Norm's main gig but I can say that, knowing now, I have no desire to pester the man about anything.
"You ever flush someone else's urinal for them in the bathroom? Of course you haven't. Chivalry's all but goddamned dead nowadays." - Norm Sherman

andyd273

Postby andyd273 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:55 pm

wendigo1 wrote:It's quite extraordinary and way, way more important than this podcast in the long run. I don't know if I'm the only idiot in the community that didn't know Norm's main gig but I can say that, knowing now, I have no desire to pester the man about anything.

I don't know his main gig? I know he does the music stuff, but I don't know if that's his main gig.
Mind spilling the beans, or at least pointing us in the right direction?
I don't mind one way or another as I have quite a few podcasts that I'm subscribed to, but it would be fun/nice to know what else he's working on if it's not to private.
If he has other projects that he's working on might even want to help pitch in.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:11 pm

I don't know if more can be revealed without compromising Norm's secret identity. But last I heard, he was just editing at Escape Pod and also helping people with their Dreams in North Carolina.
It's hard to see how either of those could be more important than providing good, twisted, fiction to podcast listeners, for free. :wink:

wendigo1

Postby wendigo1 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I don't know if more can be revealed without compromising Norm's secret identity. But last I heard, he was just editing at Escape Pod and also helping people with their Dreams in North Carolina.
It's hard to see how either of those could be more important than providing good, twisted, fiction to podcast listeners, for free. :wink:

The thing in North Carolina was what I was referring to. There's a short video somewhere that essentially describes the details. I though it was a pretty noble cause.

As far as spilling the beans, I assume if he wanted them spilled he'd have spilled them himself. But, seriously, it's not like we all haven't stalked people for the greater part of our adult lives. I mean, we have right? All of us? Just use those skills and it shouldn't take you long to find everything right there on the old interwebs.

DerangedMind

Postby DerangedMind » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Heh. Found the secret identity.

Frankly, until Norm made his comment on EscapePod, I hadn't realised he had one.

I have to admit, he did an good job of separating his persona from reality.

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”