Some interesting suchforth -- TONIGHT! (3/15)

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
bolddeceiver

Some interesting suchforth -- TONIGHT! (3/15)

Postby bolddeceiver » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:34 pm

It's not a podcast, but it is audio on the internet, so I suppose it falls under the "and suchforth" aegis.

Tonight at 8:00 pm Pacific, one of my favorite local Seattle bands is doing an in-studio set at the fantastic Seattle music station KEXP. The band is called "Awesome," and they live up to (maybe even exceed) their name. They're fun, funny, eclectic, musically interesting, and just a really fun act. I suppose you could say, "strange music, by strange musicians, for strange listeners." If you're in Seattle and near a radio (90.3 FM), or anywhere else and near a computer (KEXP.org), it'll be well worth listening to. If you listen, let me know what you think of them.

normsherman
Site Admin

Postby normsherman » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Missed it- is it archived? I've been meanin to check them out since you mentioned them in the SIlver Ring thread
"Give us all some Jelly"

bolddeceiver

Postby bolddeceiver » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:55 am

It is archived -- go here in the next two weeks and enter 3/15 8:00 pm. It was pretty short, but they sounded great. If you want to listen to more of their stuff, go to awesometheband.com and click Listen; they have a ton of free live mp3s (of varying quality, but that's concert recordings for you).

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:07 am

I listened to them briefly when you plugged them on the EP forum. I liked their humor. Should probably listen again... Tomorrow. That's what the boring old workday is for, right?
Advertise in this space!

Return to “Podcasts and suchforth”