It's raining polar bears!!

For any and all info or discussion of podcasts and podcasting. Also community related miscellanea.
TheJebi

Re: It's raining polar bears!!

Post by TheJebi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:34 pm

While it was done very well, the planetstupid.com at the end is really funny because the point they were trying to make was really stupid, and I am definitely not a righty. I must agree with Tweedy though, I would love to get some jet packs on bears, there is something so right about that.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:47 pm

"Shit, what's that up there?" I yell as I point to what appears to be a big brown bear with a jet pack soaring across the sky.

(I just posted this in the twit-fic section, but thought it should be here as well...)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 pm

TheJebi wrote:While it was done very well, the planetstupid.com at the end is really funny because the point they were trying to make was really stupid
At least they engage in truth in advertising in regards to their domain name.

Awesome production values though.

I'm waiting for the full-length feature film. Maybe they can get Ed Norton to star in it drop a polar bear on him.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:12 pm

He he he he he he he he he!!!!

The URL is actually "planestupid.com". (They don't look threatening, do they? Hulk smash!) Image

The fact that you guys mistook it for "planetstupid.com" is deliciously funny.
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm

I caught that myself, but was too polite to correct him... :) I figured this was an area where we shared common ground and agreed completely with another. In a) how silly it was b) how funny it was, and c) how cool it would be to have polar bears with jet-packs flying around. (That would really save on the cleanup problem in the city...) well, maybe not, but it would be a DIFFERENT kind of cleanup required. More brown that red.

strawman

Post by strawman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:30 pm

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH CO2 IS RELEASED INTO THE SOLAR SYSTEM AS THIS DAMN LUMP OF COAL CIRCLES AROUND AND AROUND????
Next year, it'll be Martians falling out of the sky.
Maybe Martian dinosaurs.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:He he he he he he he he he!!!!

The URL is actually "planestupid.com". (They don't look threatening, do they? Hulk smash!) Image

The fact that you guys mistook it for "planetstupid.com" is deliciously funny.
Okay, my bad. That makes allot more sense. But I'm glad my mistake is entertaining...

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:07 am

strawman wrote:DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH CO2 IS RELEASED INTO THE SOLAR SYSTEM AS THIS DAMN LUMP OF COAL CIRCLES AROUND AND AROUND????
Next year, it'll be Martians falling out of the sky.
Maybe Martian dinosaurs.

Hmmm, good idea for a drabblecast episode... (Steals idea, mails back in time, but with my name as the author... I might be onto something here. What should I send back next? Aha, Lord of the Earrings, but I better send along a note not to sell the movie rights in perpetuity for $10,000 dollars... That was a BAD business decision, I mean, like Gygax bad...)

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:41 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:

Hmmm, good idea for a drabblecast episode... (Steals idea, mails back in time, but with my name as the author... I might be onto something here. What should I send back next? Aha, Lord of the Earrings, but I better send along a note not to sell the movie rights in perpetuity for $10,000 dollars... That was a BAD business decision, I mean, like Gygax bad...)
I read a short story, (either Phillip K Dick, or Asimov I think) where an author would finish writing a book, only to find that the exact same book had already been written by someone else, even though he had never heard of it before he finished the book... every author's worst nightmare right? Turned out some other guy had a time machine and was using it to steal ideas.