A Great Podcast

In case of Emergency, please break glass...
ajfrench

A Great Podcast

Postby ajfrench » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi all,

My name's A.J. French. I'm an aspiring horror writer who's had some stories published around in some of the magazines and anthologies here and there. I've seen the Drabblecast name around for a while, but never got around to checking it out. Well, that has just changed. I recently listened to the Lovecraft "Outsider" episode and I loved it! The presentation, the reading, the music---I liked it all. So now I'm back for more, and I imagine I'll be coming back often. Today I'm here to check out the Jay Lake Lovecraftian story. So anyway, great job on the podcast! Will have to move on over to the donations button soon. And who knows, maybe the submission button as well.

Best,
A.J. French
Author Bio: A.J. French has appeared in Abandoned Towers, The Absent Willow Review, Short-Story.Me!, Golden Visions Magazine, and the upcoming issue of Black Ink Horror. He also has stories featured in the following anthologies: Ruthless: An Extreme Horror Anthology with introduction by Bentley Little; Pellucid Lunacy edited by Michael Bailey; Rotting Tales: A Zombie Anthology; M is for Monster compiled by John Prescott; Novus Creatura presented by Aurora Wolf Press; and many fine Static Movement anthologies.

strawman

Re: A Great Podcast

Postby strawman » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 pm

It is our established tradition to greet first posts with a hearty welcome. We especially welcome those who not only share our strange tastes, but also contribute materials to feed our earworms, and interact with our feedback.
As we all know, reproduction is an essential element of all true life-forms. So we are especially excited at the DC evolution toward self-replication, with forum twabblers and drabblers being podcast on posterous.com by other forumites. Thus we are more than a content repository: we aim to be a portal to a parallel universe of strange imaginings and expressions. One with exploding cats and flying monkeys.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Re: A Great Podcast

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:01 pm

Howdy A.J.! Stay for a while, put your feet up.
The Drabblecast definitely dabbles in the.. uh.. dark.. descriptions? Damn, ran out of D's. We like to call Kevin "no J" Anderson our own. Check out his works, including ep 23, ep 36, and more recently the halloween epsiode featuring yours truly and many other forumites as voice actors. Kevin was recently published; Night of the Living Trekkies is a fun zombie romp.

As the Stupendous Strawman stated, there is a vibrant community of content creators around these parts, dip your toes in!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Drabblecast Fan Archive”