Login with a social network:

Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:45 am

Hey folks, here is the place to post your general twicfics, or as we call them around here, Twabbles.

The Drabblecast will publish the best shortest of short stories on its Twitter Feed. http://twitter.com/TheDrabblecast

Our version of Twitfic is a 100 character story (not including spaces or title). To help you size your stories, an excellent sizing tool can be found at http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm

The content of these Twabbles should be suitable for general audiences. Adult content, Political or Religious Twabbles should be posted on the sister thread.
http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/post-your-adult-political-or-religious-twabbles-here-t1054.html
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN

But What if Nobody Ever Comes...

Postby TheJebi » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:39 am

We're out of ammo, but the windows are boarded up, and there's food. We'll be able to hold off the zombies till help comes.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”
User avatar
TheJebi
Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby F5iver » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:42 pm

Once she pleaded her prayer the millionth time Joan got what she wanted. However, she hadn't counted on becoming a worm.
User avatar
F5iver
Member
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby F5iver » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:59 pm

While at the avatar convention, all the kitten and bunny pictures lamented. "Why can't the realies use more ugly pics?"
User avatar
F5iver
Member
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut

Those people are just like that, too!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:41 pm

The Zodiac gods had returned. Now every personality was forced by date and place of birth. The Leos killed all the Aries.
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

General Content

Postby TheJebi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:49 am

People thought General Content was boring, so he staged a Coup d'état, and now he is known as Supreme Commander Content.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”
User avatar
TheJebi
Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: General Content

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:02 am

TheJebi wrote:People thought General Content was boring, so he staged a Coup d'état, and now he is known as Supreme Commander Content.

:)
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Disaster strikes!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:05 am

Poor Algie's backlog of unposted twats was down to a 30-day supply!
Must the thread go dead? Or, horrors, to that Jebi? :)



(Sorry, Jebi. Your handle was convenient, being 4 chars and all.)
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: General Content

Postby F5iver » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:09 am

TheJebi wrote:People thought General Content was boring, so he staged a Coup d'état, and now he is known as Supreme Commander Content.


I laugh because it is so like a joke I would tell. Personally, I think it's quite funny. :lol:
User avatar
F5iver
Member
 
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut

Re: General Content

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:29 am

TheJebi wrote:People thought General Content was boring, so he staged a Coup d'état, and now he is known as Supreme Commander Content.

Tom, guess you need to edit the first post and change General Content to Supreme Commander Content.

Goodness knows what the penalty is for being insubordinate to the Supreme Commander. :-)

Nice use of the time-honored "General" pun there, Jebi.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
 
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:10 am

Hee hee..
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby TheJebi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:10 am

Alright folks, TheJebiMaster declares this thread to be locked, because once there are more posts here than in the (actually) locked Adult thread, his General Content being boring joke won't work anymore... :cry:

Oh, I'm just kiddin' around of course, let's get this badass twabble machine back up and running at full speed ahead!

(And what's this? An Omen? I'm getting this message when I try to post this reply: "Forum is over capacity. We're currently experiencing a high server load, please try again once the load lightens up. Thank you for your patience." That has to be a good sign, right?)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”
User avatar
TheJebi
Member
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Doing right, hurts.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:24 am

TheJebi wrote:let's get this badass twabble machine back up and running at full speed ahead!

As you supremely command... :)

They crucified Jesus and shot Lincoln, but only voted Churchill out. Maybe people were getting less vicious to heroes?
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Two years to go

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:19 am

The speculation was right, in a way. December 21, 2012 was the date when the Mayans would cleanse the world to start anew.

Man, I can never get tense right. Are those tenses correct?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.
User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 am

TheJebi wrote:Alright folks, TheJebiMaster declares this thread to be locked, because once there are more posts here than in the (actually) locked Adult thread, his General Content being boring joke won't work anymore... :cry:

Oh, I'm just kiddin' around of course, let's get this badass twabble machine back up and running at full speed ahead!

(And what's this? An Omen? I'm getting this message when I try to post this reply: "Forum is over capacity. We're currently experiencing a high server load, please try again once the load lightens up. Thank you for your patience." That has to be a good sign, right?)

That's just the server advertising my avatar.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
 
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby The PMS Avenger » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 pm

An arrow through his lung, the dying Trojan pondered his mother and why the hell she said to not look a gift horse in the mouth.
Communism was just a red herring!
User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:11 pm

The PMS Avenger wrote: An arrow through his lung, the dying Trojan pondered his mother and why the hell she said to not look a gift horse in the mouth.


Dorothea Grimsley's coffin stirred. The earth around it vibrated with the stirrings, if not of life, perhaps undeath.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
User avatar
strawman
Member
 
Posts: 5787
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

If THAT fooled you, you weren't going to live long, anyway.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:35 pm

Forget the mouth! What about this damn door?! And this thing stinks. Damn Greeks haven't bathed since they sailed here.
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
 
Posts: 3284
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:48 pm

strawman wrote:Dorothea Grimsley's coffin stirred. The earth around it vibrated with the stirrings, if not of life, perhaps undeath.

I lay the black rose on Miss Grimsley's grave. A single tear falls from my eye and sinks into the soil where no grass grows.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
 
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby ROU Killing Time » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:56 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
strawman wrote:Dorothea Grimsley's coffin stirred. The earth around it vibrated with the stirrings, if not of life, perhaps undeath.

I lay the black rose on Miss Grimsley's grave. A single tear falls from my eye and sinks into the soil where no grass grows.

Standing by the grave, I wonder why I can't shake the feeling that maybe I have wandered into the final scene of "Carrie."
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.
User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
 
Posts: 4231
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Next

Return to Twit-Fic!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests