Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
swamp

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by swamp » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 am

ROU, regarding the blue moon, you are technically correct. The original defininition of a blue moon was the third full moon in a season (3 months) with four full moons, not the usual three (last one happened in 1990). Due to an error by a writer for Sky & Telescope magazine in 1946, the popular definition of blue moon became the second full moon in a month (last one happened in 2007). Tomorrow's new moon is of the popular variety. (No, I am not an encyclopedia; I was looking into this this morning.)

However, I think I will change it as you have suggested because that's about how long it's been since the Smurfs were popular (or longer). Thus:

Papa had waited over 19 years for this. Now on New Year's Eve, under the light of a blue moon, the weresmurfs would emerge.
Edit: Actually, I rechecked, and the 19 years comes from the last time there was a blue moon on New Year's Eve (in 1990). I don't know when the last "original definition" blue moon was. Still works for the twabble. Who said twitfic couldn't be educational?

The PMS Avenger

Post by The PMS Avenger » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:46 am

swamp wrote:Papa had waited over 19 years for this. Now on New Year's Eve, under the light of a blue moon, the weresmurfs would emerge.
Looks like Gargamel is our only hope. Sharpen your claws, Azrael, the world needs you!

xD I love Smurfs. And Snorks, for that matter.

I would like to dedicate this next twabbe to my dad, whose love of 80's music ruined Greek mythology for me.

Eteocles knew all about Hades and felt confident on the banks of Styx, yet he still trembled as the synthesizer started.

PS Congratulations on the win, Jebi!
Communism was just a red herring!

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:05 am

The PMS Avenger wrote: PS Congratulations on the win, Jebi!
Thanks Avenger, I knew it had to happen sooner or later. 8)

But I do wish that Norm had not mispronounced my name, :( I mean, I'm a Jebi Master, not a Jebie or a Jeby. But Norm has been busy crankin' 'em out recently (four 'casts in less than a week, wow), so I guess I'll let him off the hook this time.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:07 am

I thought it was pronounced "Mike".
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 am

Okay, I guess you caught me and the game is up. So I'll just come out and admit that yes, indeed I am Mike Resnick.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:24 am

Aren't I good?

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:14 am

TheJebi wrote:Okay, I guess you caught me and the game is up. So I'll just come out and admit that yes, indeed I am Mike Resnick.
Fer-real? If so, I love your stuff, man.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:50 am

No, sadly not fer' real... well, only in the land where twabbles are novels anyway. I don't know what baker's "Mike" comment was referencing.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:46 pm

TheJebi wrote:But I do wish that Norm had not mispronounced my name, :( I mean, I'm a Jebi Master, not a Jebie or a Jeby. But Norm has been busy crankin' 'em out recently (four 'casts in less than a week, wow), so I guess I'll let him off the hook this time.
Kinda an old joke. Rather than arguing about obscure pronunciations, I took a stab at your real name.

A line out of an old game-
"My name is Achmed. But you can call me Timmy."

TheJebi

Post by TheJebi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:16 pm

Hmm, yeah that must be an old game. "Mike" was way off the mark though, my name is TheJebi, hence TheJebi. I hope my new avatar will clear up any ambiguity about pronunciation. :)

dreamrock

Strings

Post by dreamrock » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:50 am

We are made of strings, strings. And when the cosmic kittens come by, it's anyone's guess which of us will remain things.
--

It looks like cheating, but I hit 100 characters on the first try without fiddling. :lol:
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:44 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
TheJebi wrote:But I do wish that Norm had not mispronounced my name, :( I mean, I'm a Jebi Master, not a Jebie or a Jeby. But Norm has been busy crankin' 'em out recently (four 'casts in less than a week, wow), so I guess I'll let him off the hook this time.
Kinda an old joke. Rather than arguing about obscure pronunciations, I took a stab at your real name.

A line out of an old game-
"My name is Achmed. But you can call me Timmy."
You mean like when Norm pronounced it Buck Go-Dot? ;-) (Psst, Norm, the "T" is silent...)

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:47 am

TheJebi wrote:
The PMS Avenger wrote: PS Congratulations on the win, Jebi!
Thanks Avenger, I knew it had to happen sooner or later. 8)

But I do wish that Norm had not mispronounced my name, :( I mean, I'm a Jebi Master, not a Jebie or a Jeby. But Norm has been busy crankin' 'em out recently (four 'casts in less than a week, wow), so I guess I'll let him off the hook this time.
Yes, echoing the congratulations. I'm sure it was a big kick to hear Norm bring it life on the podcast. (P.S., it was great on the forums, anyway, but Norm just makes everything sound so much better...)

Oh ya, I keep forgetting. I don't need to kiss his ass anymore. Sorry Norm, but, well you know. You do kinda rock the house, week after week after week. (How do you keep it up so consistently, that's what I want to know.)

The PMS Avenger

Post by The PMS Avenger » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:10 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:Yes, echoing the congratulations. I'm sure it was a big kick to hear Norm bring it life on the podcast. (P.S., it was great on the forums, anyway, but Norm just makes everything sound so much better...)

Oh ya, I keep forgetting. I don't need to kiss his ass anymore. Sorry Norm, but, well you know. You do kinda rock the house, week after week after week. (How do you keep it up so consistently, that's what I want to know.)
:( I can't even get him to say my name and I'm in love with the guy. Consider yourself blessed.

Speaking of Norm stalking, my friends and I went to a rave of sorts last night and painted ourselves with this glow in the dark body paint. I put 'NORM' with a heart around it on my right arm. Unfortunately, the paint was like this glue-ish kind of stuff that ripped out a bunch of my arm hair when I tried to wash it off. So I now have bald spot in my arm that distinctly says 'NORM'. It's not as impressive as my tramp stamp, but I'll be admiring it for awhile.

Happy New Year, everyone!

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Pics?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:23 pm

The modified spiders spun carbon nano-tubes, invisible threads that easily cut steel. A worker stole one for his kids.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

strawman

Post by strawman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:35 pm

He used it to play with Cat, which quickly became a quadruple amputee. From there, he moved on to calf roping. Not pretty.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

The PMS Avenger

Post by The PMS Avenger » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Walking to a calf's cylindric mort, the cowboy heard a crunch. He shrugged and wiped the smear off the bottom of his boot.

Mr.Shadowbxre

Post by Mr.Shadowbxre » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 pm

First time post....

Pouring the water from glass container to the trash, he wondered why the sea monkeys had
rejected his banana offerings.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:07 pm

Mr.Shadowbxre wrote:First time post....

"Pouring the water from glass container to the trash can, he wondered why the sea monkeys had
rejected his banana offering."
He hee...
Welcome Mr. Shadow Boxer!