Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The PMS Avenger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:29 am

strawman wrote:Let me point out the obvious: there is exactly no point in having this thread if the twabbles are not 100 characters. So if they miss, it does need to be pointed out. Except for that single instance, I appreciate ASID's policing the area. And Jebi probably meant that he does too. (Plus, ASID, observe: don't interfere with Jebi's courtship rituals).
I was babysitting all day and had to write them on my iTouch, which deletes them from the counter, so I have to type the drabbles as texts drafts in my cell phone and then switch windows and type them.

Long story short, my bad. Thanks for hurting my already fragile teenage self esteem xD I'm going to stop eating so that you'll like me.

And sorry Jebi, but my heart belongs to Norm :wink: But thanks for the support everyone!
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:But PMS is a teen girl with "Avenger" in her name.
Haven't you guys ever seen Mystery Men?! There's one scene where they're holding superhero tryouts and this woman comes up and goes, "I'm the PMS Avenger. I only work four days a week, one week a month. Got a problem with that?" And the guys kind of cower, but as she walks away, Ben Stiller says, "I see potential there."
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3511
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:34 am

Hmm. I always accept other parts as a consolation prize. What say you, Jebi?

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:What's to analyze? :) She'd probably be a bot that only says, "That was 103 characters, putz!" and gives a link to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ . 8)
Probably, huh?
And you don't think anyone would smell the Eau de Fire & Brimstone on her breath?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3511
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:55 am

:lol:

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:04 am

alhilton wrote:Size matters. Everyone, please remember that ASID's tool is available for public use. Jebi vouches for it.

Sorry; couldn't help it after the courtship comment. :lol:
Yeah, I had to force myself to not make a tool joke, but I was fairly sure somebody would take the bait, so well done. :)

And about all the courtship comments: I think you're all way off base, I mean it should be clear to us all that her heart belongs to Norm... I was just trying to make the point that there only seem to be about two or maybe three members of the female species who frequent this arena, and it's nice to have many different ways of looking at things presented here.

(I see as I try to post this that Miss PMS just affirmed what we all already knew, and what I stated above. And ASID, some of the stuff you write makes me laugh out loud for real, like your last comment, and the one about the type of woman you're glad someone else married. Classic stuff. :lol: )

A twabble will follow that has nothing to do with any of this.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Perspective:

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:10 am

The boy sat on the beach, letting handfuls of sand run through his fingers. He knew each grain was a brief, tiny universe.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:27 am

Dawkins explained that the universe appeared to be sliding through vast fingers, but insisted it wasn't God, but a boy.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

A Different Perspevtive:

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:42 am

The boy looked up from the beach, and saw celestial versions of his own hands in the sky, making sandcastles out of stars.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:04 am

strawman wrote:I didn't mean it that way. But I put some effort into my critique, and it got swept away by the word count. I really hope to find out whether my attempts to be helpful with writing are worth the trouble, or if people just prefer a smilie.
Smilies are great from you Strawman, but I will forever be grateful and simultaneously horrified by the assistance that Miss Grimsley rendered.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:54 am

strawman wrote:Dawkins explained that the universe appeared to be sliding through vast fingers, but insisted it wasn't God, but a boy.
That really does get to the point about differing perceptions. Back around 30 when I had my whole "wow, what the F is going on here" and learned that there are indeed more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our philosophies, my friend in mental health education relayed the old story about the elephant and the 5 blind men. You know the one, "It's a rope, no it's a wall, no, it's a tree-trunk" etc...

To Dawkins, it's a timepiece made by a blind watchmaker.

I'm of the opinion that when people argue this point so vehemently with the surety that their view is the correct one, that they may well be trying to convince themselves more than the person they are arguing with. Same goes for people on the other side that get hot under the collar about their own religion, whether you are talking catholics, protestants, LDS's, muslims, wiccans, or what-not.

That's one of the things I admire about you, Strawman. You share your perspective on this subject honestly, but I've never seen you take offense because someone doesn't immediately say "Gosh, I've never thought of it that way, you are absolutely correct." I call this the "planting seeds" approach. You never know when they might sprout, but certainly in the course of your life there are people that have benefited from your honest sharing. Probably more than you could imagine.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Doing right, hurts.

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:29 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
TheJebi wrote:let's get this badass twabble machine back up and running at full speed ahead!
As you supremely command... :)

They crucified Jesus and shot Lincoln, but only voted Churchill out. Maybe people were getting less vicious to heroes?
Now, here is proof positive that there are indeed issues where we share common ground and total agreement. The three heroes mentioned here are also on my "balls of steel" short list.

Consider this my olive-branch twabble.

In the civil war brother slew brother over slaves.
In 2000 brother bickered with brother over hanging chads.
Progress!
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 pm

eric_marsh wrote:
If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.


What are the riddles?
First riddle - "What is born each night and dies each dawn?" The answer is "Hope."

Second riddle - "What flickers red and warm like a flame, but is not fire?" The answer is "Blood.".

Third riddle - "What is like ice, but burns like fire?" The answer is "Turandot!"

What do I win? Assuming I googled properly of course... (I mean assuming I remembered these correctly...)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by F5iver » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:31 pm

The Office Swap

Alice didn't understand why no one wanted her Yankee swap. As far as she was concerned, everything goes with tentacles.

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: La Drova, Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by eric_marsh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:52 pm

TheJebi wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:
If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.


What are the riddles?
First riddle - "What is born each night and dies each dawn?" The answer is "Hope."

Second riddle - "What flickers red and warm like a flame, but is not fire?" The answer is "Blood.".

Third riddle - "What is like ice, but burns like fire?" The answer is "Turandot!"

What do I win? Assuming I googled properly of course... (I mean assuming I remembered these correctly...)
You have won the satisfaction of knowing your knowledge of the master's last work stands above that of most other men! That and a link to Gelo che ti da foco (http://homepage.mac.com/emarsh/.Music/G ... a_foco.mp3)

:)

Good job!
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:29 pm

TheJebi wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:
If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.

What are the riddles?
First riddle - "What is born each night and dies each dawn?" The answer is "Hope."
Second riddle - "What flickers red and warm like a flame, but is not fire?" The answer is "Blood.".
Third riddle - "What is like ice, but burns like fire?" The answer is "Turandot!"
What do I win? Assuming I googled properly of course... (I mean assuming I remembered these correctly...)
I hate it when the answer to the riddle is "Google"
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:54 pm

strawman wrote:
TheJebi wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:
If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.

What are the riddles?
First riddle - "What is born each night and dies each dawn?" The answer is "Hope."
Second riddle - "What flickers red and warm like a flame, but is not fire?" The answer is "Blood.".
Third riddle - "What is like ice, but burns like fire?" The answer is "Turandot!"
What do I win? Assuming I googled properly of course... (I mean assuming I remembered these correctly...)
I hate it when the answer to the riddle is "Google"
Once you've ordered your META-BRAIN, there is no escape from META-BRAIN!
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The PMS Avenger » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm

She sweetly brushed a lock of hair out of Norm's face. God, he smelled great. She'd stay with him for- Um, until he woke up.

Joseph flopped down next to her, sweaty and spent. "Was it good for you?" he asked in vain. Mary sighed; she'd had better.
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4250
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:24 pm

The PMS Avenger wrote:
Joseph flopped down next to her, sweaty and spent. "Was it good for you?" he asked in vain. Mary sighed; she'd had better.
Oh, now that is just too good. And seasonal too.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

mBaaaaa

Post by dreamrock » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 pm

The sheep knew what the shepherds couldn't. The stars were this great every night. The angels were a nice touch, though.

The PMS Avenger wrote:Haven't you guys ever seen Mystery Men?! There's one scene where they're holding superhero tryouts and this woman comes up and goes, "I'm the PMS Avenger. I only work four days a week, one week a month. Got a problem with that?" And the guys kind of cower, but as she walks away, Ben Stiller says, "I see potential there."
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Meeee! That's a seriously underrated movie.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:48 pm

strawman wrote:
TheJebi wrote:
eric_marsh wrote:
If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.

What are the riddles?
First riddle - "What is born each night and dies each dawn?" The answer is "Hope."
Second riddle - "What flickers red and warm like a flame, but is not fire?" The answer is "Blood.".
Third riddle - "What is like ice, but burns like fire?" The answer is "Turandot!"
What do I win? Assuming I googled properly of course... (I mean assuming I remembered these correctly...)
I hate it when the answer to the riddle is "Google"
I threw the answers in as a bonus, he just asked for the riddles, but I know what you mean about Google, and I didn't have much to work with in eric's twabble, and I knew nothing about Turandot, so I'm kinda proud of the research I did, and I learned a little somthin' somthin' too, which is always good. I may even listen to my "prize" that eric posted.

And Avenger, this is an excellent pair of twabbles. They both made me laugh out loud for real, something which usually only ASID's snarkiest twabbles or comments can do. And they both fit your persona really well, so well done. :)
The PMS Avenger wrote:She sweetly brushed a lock of hair out of Norm's face. God, he smelled great. She'd stay with him for- Um, until he woke up.

Joseph flopped down next to her, sweaty and spent. "Was it good for you?" he asked in vain. Mary sighed; she'd had better.
.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

Post Reply