Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:05 am

strawman wrote:Man, it's hard to keep up in this thread.
... ...

The PMS Avenger wrote: An arrow through his lung, the dying Trojan pondered his mother and why the hell she said to not look a gift horse in the mouth.


In this case, PMS (detailed critique, blah, blah)...


All you really needed to say is, too long (not 100 chars)... DIS-qualified! :lol:

In fact, a few of the recent additions have not been the proper length... Sigh.
If I mailed them out, would everyone consent to add USB electroshock devices to their computer? :twisted:

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:11 am

Mr. Right stood in the doorway, weeping for his wife Laura. He could never understand why the women he loved always left.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:12 am

eric_marsh wrote:
The PMS Avenger wrote:Lauren had expected that she would find Mr. Right. She did not, however, anticipate that his first name would be Always.


Very clever


Yes. But I'd always heard this joke told about Mrs Right. :)

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:14 am

strawman wrote:Mr. Right stood in the doorway, weeping for his wife Laura. He could never understand why the women he loved always left.


Damn, you beat me to the obligatory left-right pun response.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:16 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
strawman wrote:Man, it's hard to keep up in this thread.
... ...

The PMS Avenger wrote: An arrow through his lung, the dying Trojan pondered his mother and why the hell she said to not look a gift horse in the mouth.


In this case, PMS (detailed critique, blah, blah)...


All you really needed to say is, too long (not 100 chars)... DIS-qualified!

In fact, a few of the recent additions have not been the proper length... Sigh.
If I mailed them out, would everyone consent to add USB electroshock devices to their computer? :twisted:


ASID, what, do you have a program like twabble-checker that makes a buzzer go off? There's more than one way to be helpful, y'know. Suggest a rephrase, maybe.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Pun-nishment

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 am

dreamrock wrote: :twisted: I think everyone should be required to write one "general content" pun twabble post haste.


As you command:

The crook jamboree had tents for the politicians, professors, and priests. But the general-con tent was most popular.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 am

strawman wrote:ASID, what, do you have a program like twabble-checker that makes a buzzer go off? There's more than one way to be helpful, y'know. Suggest a rephrase, maybe.


I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing them -- then a quick double-check. However, you'll notice I said nothing about the other twabbles and only mentioned this one when you raised the context.

After the PC ass-kicking I got here, I'm throttling anything that looks like a critique. That "DIS-qualified" was intended lightly. **sigh**

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:11 am

I didn't mean it that way. But I put some effort into my critique, and it got swept away by the word count. I really hope to find out whether my attempts to be helpful with writing are worth the trouble, or if people just prefer a smilie.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:25 am

strawman wrote:I didn't mean it that way. But I put some effort into my critique, and it got swept away by the word count. I really hope to find out whether my attempts to be helpful with writing are worth the trouble, or if people just prefer a smilie.


I'm sorry.

But PMS is a teen girl with "Avenger" in her name. :wink: I haven't seen her thanking you yet. :P

Hard lessons, offered for free.
They'll be ever so grateful.
But when I look, all I see
are snarls and replies so hateful!

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: General Content

Postby TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:28 am

PART 1
TheJebi wrote:People thought General Content was boring, so he staged a Coup d'état, and now he is known as Supreme Commander Content.


PART 2


Supreme Commander Content had a sense of general content, until the people rose up, and made him General Content again.


OR:

Supreme Commander Content had a sense of general content, until the people rose up, and made him generally discontent.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:32 am

I don't see either the former or the latter yet.
PMS Avenger, granted, is a name with an attitude. But if she's interested in writing, attitude creates a certain style.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 1003
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: La Drova, Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby eric_marsh » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:41 am


If they failed to solve her riddles then it's off with their head. He gave her the answers and won an ice princess instead.


What are the riddles?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:50 am

I really like what the Avenger has brought to the twit-fic arena. This place can use a little more pink. :wink:

I have not seen a DC noob make such a big splash 'round since... well since TheJebi joined. I probably have not commented on enough of her twabbles yet, but good work PMS, I think you fit right in here, keep it up. Just make sure to use ASID's sizing tool, because he will not hesitate to let you know if it's the wrong size. :)
Being the char police is a dirty job, but somebody has to do it I guess. :?
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:59 am

TheJebi wrote:Just make sure to use ASID's sizing tool, because he will not hesitate to let you know if it's the wrong size. :)


Oh, come on! Several "twabbles" on this thread are the wrong size. I only mentioned one, one time, as a joke.

À la:
"That deck chair is facing the wrong way!"
"Yes, sir. About the water coming over the gunwale?"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby TheJebi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:24 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Oh, come on! Several "twabbles" on this thread are the wrong size. I only mentioned one, one time, as a joke.

Okay, sorry if I offended you, but I really did not mean anything bad, I really do think that pointing out when twabbles are not twabbles is a good and healthy thing. You're the only person who I can remember doing it, and you seem the most qualified due to your sizing tool, so more power to you. :)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:32 am

Let me point out the obvious: there is exactly no point in having this thread if the twabbles are not 100 characters. So if they miss, it does need to be pointed out. Except for that single instance, I appreciate ASID's policing the area. And Jebi probably meant that he does too. (Plus, ASID, observe: don't interfere with Jebi's courtship rituals).
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
alhilton
Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby alhilton » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:42 am

Size matters. Everyone, please remember that ASID's tool is available for public use. Jebi vouches for it.

Sorry; couldn't help it after the courtship comment. :lol:

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:42 am

Jeez. All this touchy-feely stuff is really starting to get to me. Is that the plan to chase me away? :lol:
If I was easily offended (by anything other than left-wing nonsense) I would not still be here. Keep on keeping on, Jebi. :)


strawman wrote:(Plus, ASID, observe: don't interfere with Jebi's courtship rituals).

Of course not. But if I had a Benjamin for every time I fell for some bloke pretending to be a feisty teen girl from Nebraska... :wink: :D :roll:


Do you think that if a new user, called "Twabble-size Nazi, and nothing but" were to appear that people would think she was a sock-puppet? :P

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:00 am

I think textual analysis would be a dead giveaway, except in the case of Norma Sherman, who just may have been Luke's dad. But Luke's dad hasn't posted here for comparison, that I know of.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3507
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:14 am

What's to analyze? :) She'd probably be a bot that only says, "That was 103 characters, putz!" and gives a link to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ . 8)


Return to “Twit-Fic!”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron