Page 223 of 385

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 pm
by scarcrow
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Jack had his head in the clouds & his feet on the ground.
He wasn't a remarkable man. He just never saw that airship anchor.
Beautiful!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 pm
by Molly Blitzin
Hi,
first time posting to the forums. My first Twabble:

Once, the roads to the faery realm were hidden from human eyes. Now many come seeking our magic. Thanks a lot Google maps!

Let me know if I'm not doing it right :oops:
thanks,
Molly

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:25 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Molly Blitzin wrote:... Once, the roads to the faery realm were hidden from human eyes. Now many come seeking our magic. Thanks a lot Google maps!

Let me know if I'm not doing it right...
You're doing it just fine. Good twabble.
Google ("Do no evil" my arse!) Maps: Exposing things previously only know to sinister government bureaucrats since 2005.

Welcome aboard, Molly Blitzin!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:52 pm
by strawman
:lol:
Molly Blitzin wrote:Hi,
first time posting to the forums. My first Twabble:

Once, the roads to the faery realm were hidden from human eyes. Now many come seeking our magic. Thanks a lot Google maps!

Let me know if I'm not doing it right :oops:
thanks,
Molly

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:56 am
by scarcrow
Molly Blitzin wrote:Hi,
first time posting to the forums. My first Twabble:

Once, the roads to the faery realm were hidden from human eyes. Now many come seeking our magic. Thanks a lot Google maps!

Let me know if I'm not doing it right :oops:
thanks,
Molly
I'd say you're doing just fine!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm
by ROU Killing Time
Molly Blitzin wrote:Hi,
first time posting to the forums. My first Twabble:

Once, the roads to the faery realm were hidden from human eyes. Now many come seeking our magic. Thanks a lot Google maps!

Let me know if I'm not doing it right :oops:
thanks,
Molly
Welcome aboard.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:01 am
by scarcrow
My favorite game as a kid was Chutes and Ladders. I had my own strategy. When their hands touch the top rung then open fire!

You want an answer?

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:13 am
by lyda
Four times they took him. Every time an anal probe. Now he was prepared. Each night he ate three fortune cookies. Whole.

Re: You want an answer?

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 pm
by strawman
Welcome, Lyda! And thanks for the contribution. You will probably want to repost this one under the TwitFic thread, and use the handy tool at http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm to check the length.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:37 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Hera's milk, across the sky,
spawned creatures alien
but pleasing to the eye.
The galaxy came from a "Big Bang", indeed.

Re: You want an answer?

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:10 pm
by lyda
strawman wrote:Welcome, Lyda! And thanks for the contribution. You will probably want to repost this one under the TwitFic thread, and use the handy tool at http://twitfic.net/sizingtool/twabble_sizing_fun.htm to check the length.
Ah. I see my mistake. Besides the wrong place (sorry), I sized it by doing:

Code: Select all

echo "Four times they took him. Every time an anal probe. Now he was prepared. Each night he ate three fortune cookies. Whole." | tr -d ' ' | wc -c
100
However I forgot the trailing "\n". So...

Four times they took him. Every time an anal probe. Now he was prepared. Every night he ate three fortune cookies. Whole.

Code: Select all

echo -n "Four times they took him. Every time an anal probe. Now he was prepared. Every night he ate three fortune cookies. Whole." | tr -d ' ' | wc -c
100
And thanks for the checker, but I'm normally a unix developer person! :)

I've been listening to the Drabblecast for a few months and kept meaning to read the forums but have been a bit busy lately. And then I woke up with that one this morning and it was exactly 100 chars (a programmer doing an off by one error is practically a cliche at this point - shame) so I had to post it!

Re: You want an answer?

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:26 pm
by strawman
lyda wrote: And thanks for the checker, but I'm normally a unix developer person! :)
!
I'm sure ASID won't mind, will you ASID?
ASID?

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:04 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Hey if (s)he writes his/her own operating system, who am I to quibble? :wink: Quite a few variants of Unix out there.
At least it isn't .net *shudder*.

Re: You want an answer?

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:00 pm
by tbaker2500
lyda wrote:Four times they took him. Every time an anal probe. Now he was prepared. Every night he ate three fortune cookies. Whole.
That's a winner.

Welcome to the threeums, lyda!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 pm
by scarcrow
They say I am the cowboy killer and I've slain them by the dozens. My name is long since lost, but now most call me Marlboro.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:29 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
scarcrow wrote:They say I am the cowboy killer and I've slain them by the dozens. My name is long since lost, but now most call me Marlboro.
Noble attempt, but picking on "Big Tobacco" is getting passé. Now, Demon Rum would be a fun target...

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:04 am
by scarcrow
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Noble attempt, but picking on "Big Tobacco" is getting passé. Now, Demon Rum would be a fun target...
Picking on big tobacco?!! I was smoking a Marlboro and staring at the pack when I wrote that.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:25 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Dr. Ming ruled the world with his "Eye safe" laser.
If you kept your eyes in a steel & concrete vault, they *might* be safe.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:10 am
by ROU Killing Time
scarcrow wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Noble attempt, but picking on "Big Tobacco" is getting passé. Now, Demon Rum would be a fun target...
Picking on big tobacco?!! I was smoking a Marlboro and staring at the pack when I wrote that.
They say we're a dying breed, you and I.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:00 am
by scarcrow
ROU Killing Time wrote:They say we're a dying breed, you and I.
In more ways than one...