Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
David Kafri
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Kidnapped by Aliens

Post by David Kafri » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:06 pm

A grasshopper blundered through my open car's window.
To the toy spider on the back seat, it said:
Take me to your leader!

Hello All,
long time listener, first time poster, hope you like.
It's called "Kidnapped by Aliens", but that didn't fit the 100-character limit... and is not really needed.
First posted on my FB page, https://www.facebook.com/kafri/posts/10151901582104879
david

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Kidnapped by Aliens

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 pm

David Kafri wrote:A grasshopper blundered through my open car's window.
To the toy spider on the back seat, it said:
Take me to your leader!
This should be car's open window -- although blundering through a closed window can be more fun.

Welcome aboard, David Kafri!

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:47 am

Hello David! Welcome to the forums. Put your feet up and stay awhile!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

David Kafri
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: Kidnapped by Aliens

Post by David Kafri » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
David Kafri wrote:A grasshopper blundered through my open car's window.
To the toy spider on the back seat, it said:
Take me to your leader!
This should be car's open window -- although blundering through a closed window can be more fun.

Welcome aboard, David Kafri!
Thanks!
That is exactly the kind of stuff that's hard to get right 'cause English is not my first language (Hebrew is). It didn't feel quite right, but I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong... (another) good reason to post here :-)

David Kafri
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by David Kafri » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Hello David! Welcome to the forums. Put your feet up and stay awhile!

:) if my feet were any "upper", I'd be standing on my head... :)

lyda
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am
Location: Galway, Ireland

Sheep ire.

Post by lyda » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:39 pm

In eerily silence he crept through the dark. A sheep reared up, fangs gleaming. "It's happening," he thought at the end.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Sheep ire.

Post by strawman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:44 pm

lyda wrote:In eerily silence he crept through the dark. A sheep reared up, fangs gleaming. "It's happening," he thought at the end.
You can turn a verb into a noun by gerundification. But I don't believe allowance has yet been made for adverbs to be adjectified, unless you have a valid poetic license.

I have driven around Ireland, and let me just say I know the feeling.
I thought it was really quaint how they use sheep for their graffiti.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

lyda
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Sheep ire.

Post by lyda » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 pm

strawman wrote:
lyda wrote:In eerily silence he crept through the dark. A sheep reared up, fangs gleaming. "It's happening," he thought at the end.
You can turn a verb into a noun by gerundification. But I don't believe allowance has yet been made for adverbs to be adjectified, unless you have a valid poetic license.

I have driven around Ireland, and let me just say I know the feeling.
I thought it was really quaint how they use sheep for their graffiti.
Oh drat. I had originally started with "The night was eerily..." but "the dark" was less characters and conveyed the same. But I think this makes it better - I wanted "started" because, obviously, it better implies something new, different and munchier is happening.

There are sheep in the field next to me at the moment. They look placid and harmless, but you just know if they had a way they would wreck mighty revenge.

So. Twabble mark II.

In eerie silence he crept through the dark. A sheep reared up, fangs gleaming. "It has started!" were his last thoughts.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Still have a quibble. "It has started" is only one thought, no?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:09 am

strawman wrote:Still have a quibble. "It has started" is only one thought, no?
You have a quibble with a twabble? That's trouble!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:53 pm

tbaker2500 wrote:
strawman wrote:Still have a quibble. "It has started" is only one thought, no?
You have a quibble with a twabble? That's trouble!
More properly referred to as a "quabble."
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Not twubble?
Bo, can we just ad an Elmer Fudd emoticon for this?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Bejami
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:55 pm

tactical error

Post by Bejami » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:03 am

"Maybe I didn't think this one through," he mouthed, looking up at his body from between the feet of his worthy opponent.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: tactical error

Post by strawman » Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 am

Bejami wrote:"Maybe I didn't think this one through," he mouthed, looking up at his body from between the feet of his worthy opponent.
IF
If you can keep your feet when all around you, you lie broken,
you'll be a ghoul, my son.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Varda » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:21 am

"Geomancy. G-E-O-M-A-N-C-Y."

In the crowd, proud wizards cheered for their apprentices. The Spelling Bee had begun.
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:58 am

Probably works better if you use "Spell-ing Bee".

Snow White slept for a spell
'til the prince did his magic.
He was a foiled necrophiliac
vs morning breath, quite tragic.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:01 am

Varda wrote:"Geomancy. G-E-O-M-A-N-C-Y."

In the crowd, proud wizards cheered for their apprentices. The Spelling Bee had begun.
Awesome. :D
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender
Posts: 1383
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:41 pm
Location: Athens, Georgia
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Varda » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

Thanks, Tom! :D
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Snow White slept for a spell
'til the prince did his magic.
He was a foiled necrophiliac
vs morning breath, quite tragic.
We thought the apocalypse was averted, until the zombies read Snow White.

Don't make out with sexy corpses in the woods!
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

Bejami
Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Bejami » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:44 am

"I'm sorry, I blew my cover," the vampire said to his Paranormal Integration handler. "It was the blood oranges again."

lyda
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am
Location: Galway, Ireland

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by lyda » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 pm

strawman wrote:Still have a quibble. "It has started" is only one thought, no?
Also a good point. I think I'll have to give up on this one. I have no quibble with your quabbles though so keep them coming! :)

Post Reply