Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
User avatar
KateZiervogel
Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:58 pm
Location: Kwazulu Natal, South Africa
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by KateZiervogel » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Lol smarty pants! Hahahaha

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:37 pm

As a fellow insomniac, I found it interesting that there's a parallel between "last man alive" and "last man awake". This in turn reminds me of the Talmud, which asks why the human race was created as a single human being, as opposed to creating many people at once (like the animals which were created en masse.

",,,as Adam was created in the beginning, and he was the entire human population of the world, likewise we need to look at each individual as if he/she were the entire population of the world. Therefore, when you save one life it is as if you saved the entire world."

What is the difference between the last and the first ? The last chases memories; the first chases hopes.

Talmud, Sanhedrin 37a states:

"FOR THIS REASON WAS MAN CREATED ALONE, TO TEACH THEE THAT WHOSOEVER DESTROYS A SINGLE SOUL... SCRIPTURE IMPUTES [GUILT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD DESTROYED A COMPLETE WORLD; AND WHOSOEVER PRESERVES A SINGLE SOUL..., SCRIPTURE ASCRIBES [MERIT] TO HIM AS THOUGH HE HAD PRESERVED A COMPLETE WORLD."
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
The_Hol-Man
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The_Hol-Man » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:18 pm

Monday wrote:The last man to live stares longingly back over the stars, racing light itself for one last glimpse of his long lost love.
Wow, I like it! Real human emotion plus real science is always a winner in my book. :wink:

-Andy

User avatar
The_Hol-Man
Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:42 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Contact:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by The_Hol-Man » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
The_Hol-Man wrote:We were caught off guard by the sailor man's suicide. I wish we'd listened when he told us that he couldn't stands no more.
Yikes! And that tight noose really adds to the "Pop eye" effect. :twisted:

Good one.
Thanks! I was actually a little wary of posting this, and I especially made sure to avoid saying he hung himself, when I remembered that the late Robin Williams had once played Popeye. :cry: I hope my twabble didn't come across as insensitive.

(And sorry to be a downer! Next time I'll try for another one about farting or something. :wink: )

-Andy

Monday
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:17 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Monday » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:12 pm

The_Hol-Man wrote:
Monday wrote:The last man to live stares longingly back over the stars, racing light itself for one last glimpse of his long lost love.
Wow, I like it! Real human emotion plus real science is always a winner in my book. :wink:

-Andy
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Welcome aboard, Monday!

I feel the title of that one should be: "Love is a relative term" :wink:
Thank you for the praise! I was afraid no one would get it, as I had a hard time condensing what I was thinking about down to 100 characters. I think it was for the best though, as the format forces me to not destroy the piece by explaining exactly why he'd try to catch up with the light as well as the utter futility of the act.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:21 pm

Please see: http://www.drabblecast.org/2009/05/06/d ... -d-levine/)
The thought that cartoon characters are the product of mental illness is sort of ipso facto. It's what makes cartoons funny. Robin Williams was like the incarnation of Levine's Charlie.
Isn't it true that the meaning of life is either some kind of Existential theatrics, or it's about "farting or something"?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

beachbum21k
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by beachbum21k » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:11 pm

The ground shook when it landed;
a great beast with scales black.
A loud roar when it saw me.
Then it crushed the bike rack.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 pm

Welcome aboard, Beachbum21k!

beachbum21k
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by beachbum21k » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:49 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Welcome aboard, Beachbum21k!
Thanks!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Witnesses kept swallowing evidence, impeding the investigation.
How does one catch a Viagra thief? It's really hard.

User avatar
Theory42
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Theory42 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:43 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Witnesses kept swallowing evidence, impeding the investigation.
How does one catch a Viagra thief? It's really hard.
Nice! In fact, the sizing tool says its the Perfect Length.
==================================================)

User avatar
pondspider
Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:52 pm
Location: Sussex, UK

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by pondspider » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:05 pm

Theory42 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Witnesses kept swallowing evidence, impeding the investigation.
How does one catch a Viagra thief? It's really hard.
Nice! In fact, the sizing tool says its the Perfect Length.
==================================================)
...and its girth?

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:09 pm

Hard indeed to sleep with a hundred characters.
Why, the affirmative graduated consent paperwork alone...
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Theory42
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:00 am

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Theory42 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:18 pm

All made up characters can be said to be extensions of the author's mind. Somewhere in Arizona, Mickey is freezing cold.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:52 pm

pondspider wrote:
Theory42 wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Witnesses kept swallowing evidence, impeding the investigation.
How does one catch a Viagra thief? It's really hard.
Nice! In fact, the sizing tool says its the Perfect Length.
==================================================)
...and its girth?
Girth doesn't matter. It's how you conjugate...

User avatar
Chairman Goodchild
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: Singularity now! (Slaves since 1828)

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:You think that because the machines are made of people that they aren't real. That the Matrix isn't real. Now take a pill.
Whoa.

I'll take the blue pill.

Um...

whoa.

User avatar
Chairman Goodchild
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by Chairman Goodchild » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:20 pm

There's gotta be a Matrix/Viagra Twabble in all of this, somehow.

User avatar
Ainoko_Ironrose
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:09 am

Life

Post by Ainoko_Ironrose » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:11 pm

Once upon a time, I was born, I lived, I laughed, I loved, married and then I died, then all too soon I was forgotten for good

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Life

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:33 am

Ainoko_Ironrose wrote:Once upon a time, I was born, I lived, I laughed, I loved, married and then I died, then all too soon I was forgotten for good
Yeah, it sucks being an NPC.
But, welcome aboard, Ainoko_Ironrose!

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Post by strawman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:30 pm

Yes, death and oblivion are the immediate result of marriage. Everyone knows that. But why does no one ever ask what the hell "Once upon a time" means?

O, yeah, and Welcome to the forearm!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Post Reply