Page 343 of 379

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:33 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
drewdidthis wrote:"I know how I think and this isn't me," His mouth said. The key to a perfect virtual reality prison is coding for insanity.
That should be:
      coding for (mass) insanity.
which would explain so much.

a note from Alan... if he were alive today...

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm
by MadeintheDark
My name is Alan Turing. I have broken a tooth, on a watch inside in my apple and appear to be fucking overdosing on Lithium.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:34 am
by eric_marsh
The doctor spoke sympathetically.

"I'm sorry, but your son is... musical."

The man turned pale. His wife wept quietly.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:14 am
by AJHunter
I splurged and bought an expensive razor. Y'know, the five-bladed kind?
My victims barely felt it!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:00 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
AJHunter wrote:I splurged and bought an expensive razor. Y'know, the five-bladed kind?
My victims barely felt it!
Good clean fun!
Alas, it's way too short to be a twabble.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:11 am
by nico_forgot
The warning label on the hover board read: In the event of an operator error, the auto-pilot may eject you to save itself.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:12 pm
by groomporter
An illustrated twabble

An effect of the witch trials in Europe that is seldom reported was the devastation of the thriving German hand-carved voodoo doll industry.

Image
Dollmakers in Germany, from the Hortus Saniatus 1491

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:26 pm
by groomporter
I think I've written one with a similar theme, but after seeing the attached article I couldn't resist.

The Mohel was horrified when he saw his garden after several rainy days. Some "clippings" just should not be composted.

Human-Shaped Species Of Mushroom Discovered In UK
http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-an ... oks-humans

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:05 pm
by Etaan
With apologies, but I figured since I put the work into drafting it I might as well post it.

T h i s i s t h e l o n g e s t t w a b b l e i c a n w r i t e w i t h o u t b r e a k i n g t h e r u l e s ( s t a t e d , o r i m p l i e d ) . I a m t h e f i r s t t o d o t h i s , r i g h t ?

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:40 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
groomporter wrote:An effect of the witch trials in Europe that is seldom reported was the devastation of the thriving German hand-carved voodoo doll industry.
That's way too long to be a twabble.
Also, it's "action figure" not "doll". :wink:

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:43 pm
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Etaan wrote:With apologies, but I figured since I put the work into drafting it I might as well post it.

T h i s i s t h e l o n g e s t t w a b b l e i c a n w r i t e w i t h o u t b r e a k i n g t h e r u l e s ( s t a t e d , o r i m p l i e d ) . I a m t h e f i r s t t o d o t h i s , r i g h t ?
Yes, yes. *slow clap (one-handed)*

Of course, it would take Norm 2 tweets to post this and we, sadly, probably can't trick him into reading it on the podcast. :(

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:53 pm
by groomporter
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
groomporter wrote:An effect of the witch trials in Europe that is seldom reported was the devastation of the thriving German hand-carved voodoo doll industry.
That's way too long to be a twabble.
Also, it's "action figure" not "doll". :wink:

Humbug. I had it properly sized with the sizing tool, but must have pasted in my twitter-length version by mistake.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:49 am
by 3trew
She gave me her heart. The rest of it, I kind of helped myself to. The spleen was easy, but the pancreas was a serious bitch.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:21 pm
by Etaan
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Of course, it would take Norm 2 tweets to post this and we, sadly, probably can't trick him into reading it on the podcast. :(
Yeah, I don't think it would translate to audio very well. :-l

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:05 am
by Littleshoes
Ned Stark sighs, rubs his temples, and groans at his novice accountant's report. "The Night is dark and full of errors."

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:13 am
by Littleshoes
She raced home from school, lifted the bedskirt and peered underneath. Writhing, undulating, slurping. It was ready.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
Welcome aboard, Littleshoes!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:40 am
by Littleshoes
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Welcome aboard, Littleshoes!
Eee! Thank you! Been a fan for so long, decided to give this a go!

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 am
by unseentangerine
When he saw no one could ever write better twabbles he set himself on fire. Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 2:35 pm
by groomporter
The Paranormal Squad had often dealt with Voudon crimes, but the victim's Hello Kitty gris-gris added a bizarre twist.