Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Locked

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Meta-Thanksgiving

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:56 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Well fed and sleepy, the prey's attention was held by the flickering screen. The hunter sheds the apron and takes the gun.
Yes, good Thanksgiving twabble, but does need the tweaks by F5iver.

You could have also armed your hunter with: embarrassing anecdotes, sarcasm, and/or dirty secrets. (Can you tell I'm back from our Thanksgiving gathering?) :wink:

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Classic: "Family Court" by Ogden Nash

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:08 am

One would be in less danger
From the wiles of a stranger
If one's own kin and kith
Were more fun to be with.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Math Majors at Thanksgiving.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:21 am

I asked cousin Edna, "If I gave you $50K, less 7%, how much would you take off?"

Her answer? "Everything but my earrings."

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Math Majors at Thanksgiving.

Post by TheJebi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:40 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I asked cousin Edna, "If I gave you $50K, less 7%, how much would you take off?"

Her answer? "Everything but my earrings."
Eww, gross and icky...
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:54 am

No, Math is fun and beautiful. Just be sure to word your problems carefully. :wink:

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

A PARANOID HOLIDAY:

Post by TheJebi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:10 am

I almost made it through the meal alive. During dessert I began to suspect I was a target, then the pumpkin pies exploded.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

FUN WITH THE FAMILY:

Post by TheJebi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:47 am

"So, you found a job yet?" asked uncle Joe maliciously.
If he only knew that I just accepted a contract with his name on it.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:52 am

Hee hee...
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: FUN WITH THE FAMILY:

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:53 am

TheJebi wrote:"So, you found a job yet?" asked uncle Joe maliciously.
If he only knew that I just accepted a contract with his name on it.
Aunt Bernice had added a torture bonus, too. She's such a hoot!

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

QUALITY TIME WITH LOVED ONES:

Post by TheJebi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:08 am

"I'm worried about TheJebi," said a concerned relative.
"He just sat around twotting silly old twabbles all day long."
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

ANOTHER JOB WELL DONE:

Post by TheJebi » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:18 am

I showed Aunt Bernice the fruits of my labor. A smile cracked her face as she said, "Oh my, I hope he didn't suffer much..."
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Pardon me, Turkey.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:23 am

The country's last hope: John Q Taxpayer donned feathers and a wattle, then trekked to the White House on Thanksgiving.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

At least her Youtube video went viral...

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:18 am

Lauren, a young psychic, had bad hay-fever.
As people talked, her sneezing bouts grew.
Today she made the network news.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

It's late and I'm chained to this screen.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:25 am

This robotic implant will cure you, sneezing girl. Just stay away from microwaves and mad men who own their own islands.

User avatar
m_a_kelly
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Largo, Florida

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by m_a_kelly » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:47 am

Chicken Monkey Shoes?

My fervent prayer is that chicken monkey shoes never come into fashion. They would clash with my iguana kangaroo pants.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, shit! She's awake!"

http://identifiedflyinglenticulars.blogspot.com/

User avatar
m_a_kelly
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Largo, Florida

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by m_a_kelly » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:51 am

No one at the Large Hadron Collider would talk about the deaths. They were stoked about creating a singularity, though.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, shit! She's awake!"

http://identifiedflyinglenticulars.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:18 am

Good one. (Get it? "One"... Single-arity?) :wink:

User avatar
m_a_kelly
Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:03 am
Location: Largo, Florida

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by m_a_kelly » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:15 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Good one. (Get it? "One"... Single-arity?) :wink:
Oh, that was 'punny'. See, you've caught T's pun virus. Better see a doctor. Quick! :lol:
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh, shit! She's awake!"

http://identifiedflyinglenticulars.blogspot.com/

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: At least her Youtube video went viral...

Post by strawman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:34 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Lauren, a young psychic, had bad hay-fever.
As people talked, her sneezing bouts grew.
Today she made the network news.
You never want an article about you to be followed by:

PEOPLE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ
Woman Attacked by Chimp Reveals Face on 'Oprah'

AND. Happy Thanksgiving, DC family. Hard to believe no one wrote a drabble about zombie turkeys.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: At least her Youtube video went viral...

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:15 pm

strawman wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Lauren, a young psychic, had bad hay-fever.
As people talked, her sneezing bouts grew.
Today she made the network news.
You never want an article about you to be followed by:

PEOPLE WHO READ THIS ALSO READ
Woman Attacked by Chimp Reveals Face on 'Oprah'

AND. Happy Thanksgiving, DC family. Hard to believe no one wrote a drabble about zombie turkeys.
There's one in every crowd. (Usually it's me, but not this time.)
http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/a-zom ... -t979.html
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Locked