Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Locked

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by tbaker2500 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Apparently she takes blood sacrifices.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I miss Norma. She was kinda sweet.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 1062
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: La Drova, Valencia, Spain
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by eric_marsh » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:38 pm

I guess I must have been thinking of a different Norma.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 pm

F5iver wrote:Mercy me! Why o why, my sweet little bunny rabbit, are you eating my leg? It’s that evil alien DNA they injected, isn’t it?
In what cannot possibly be coincidence, today the wild rabbit -- that lives in my back yard -- came up and sat on my foot. (He/she/it had previously stayed at least 6 feet from my menacing bulk.)**

This is all the proof we need of witchcraft!

Please surrender yourself to the nice men with stakes and torches.


** All true. Rather boring pictures of said rabbit can be posted (damn thing instantly stops being cute when I fetch the camera).

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
F5iver wrote:Mercy me! Why o why, my sweet little bunny rabbit, are you eating my leg? It’s that evil alien DNA they injected, isn’t it?
In what cannot possibly be coincidence, today the wild rabbit -- that lives in my back yard -- came up and sat on my foot. (He/she/it had previously stayed at least 6 feet from my menacing bulk.)**

This is all the proof we need of witchcraft!

Please surrender yourself to the nice men with stakes and torches.


** All true. Rather boring pictures of said rabbit can be posted (damn thing instantly stops being cute when I fetch the camera).
You make me laugh. :lol:

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

All Windows victims know about the Blue Screen Of Death.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:52 pm

The movie hero hacks the alien's computers and you scoff. But, then your own invasion fleet ran on Windows. BSOD indeed.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:38 am

"It all evens out."

No arms. No legs anymore, either. Even my unmentionables are gone. At least the radiation gave me four great tentacles.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3612
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:25 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"It all evens out."

No arms. No legs anymore, either. Even my unmentionables are gone. At least the radiation gave me four great tentacles.
I have to admit I first read that as four great testicles. :o
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:00 am

"Will our offspring have her sense of humor?" I wonder, as I expel my seed into my dying mate's disemboweled body cavity.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Dating on face-off book

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:15 am

Who says romance is dead? As he tried to disembowel me, I admired his fine form. I also put two slugs between his sexy eyes.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:32 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:"It all evens out."

No arms. No legs anymore, either. Even my unmentionables are gone. At least the radiation gave me four great tentacles.
I have to admit I first read that as four great testicles. :o
One of the last drive-in's on McLoughlin Boulevard ran the movie "Tentacles" for several months in the summer sometime in the 70's.

People had great fun rearranging the letters.
Image
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:29 am

I constantly beg and plead with him, but he always refuses to rip out my guts, and give me the children that I so badly need.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:57 am

dreamrock wrote:
TheJebi wrote:I ask, “Why are those aliens disemboweling each other like that?”

Our tour guide replies, "Well, that's how they mate."
LOL That's awesome.
Yeah, I think so too. Good imagery... or something.

But it was this one by ASID that started this whole disemboweling thing:
A culture's most common words are telling and simple. "Mom", "dog", "hi" etc.
The alien's word for disembowel was "ko".


I just created a reason for why an alien culture would need to commonly use the word "disembowel".
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:00 pm

If subways were boats instead of trains, disembowel would be an appropriate term for 'getting off'. It is also accurate as a POV desciptor for The Worm Within's final scene.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:17 pm

"This is where I get off," said the axe murderer as the train pulled up to a platform.
The other passengers looked scared.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by The PMS Avenger » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:46 pm

TheJebi wrote:"This is where I get off," said the axe murderer as the train pulled up to a platform.
The other passengers looked scared.
xDDDDDDDD I think you just made my day.
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:11 pm

She said I made her day, and she was right. I began by aligning the heavens and syncing them up with time, the rest was easy.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:57 am

"Catastrophe"

The enemy is approaching.
I've been able to keep them back.
But I'm all out of tuna.
I can hear them now, purring, meowing.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:13 am

Our hero quakes in terror as the man with the axe approaches. Rooted, he is unable to flee. It sucks being a Norway Spruce.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:24 am

"Safe Neighborhood?"

Ever think, "I'd like to buy a home in this neighborhood. I wonder if they have much trouble with Sasquatch around here?"
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Locked