Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
80%
No
4%
We'll see
16%

Total votes: 55

tastycakes

Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby tastycakes » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:19 am

Fellow Drabble Enthusiasts,

The Drabblecast is pleased to announce a weekly contest of tiny, but effective proportions. In an effort to break into the new "twit-fic" arena, The Drabblecast will publish the best shortest of short stories on its Twitter Feed. http://twitter.com/TheDrabblecast.

Our version of Twitfic is a 100 character story (not including spaces or title)

Can it be done? We'll see. Creativity and Good Luck!

***recently edited restrictions, sorry!***
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:11 pm

They found the weapons hidden in the petunias easily enough. They never expected the petunias to be the weapons. No one ever does.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:07 pm

Jn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I was disgusted to learn that the tomatoes flourished because sixteen dead dogs were buried beneath the vegetable path.

PoorRichard

Postby PoorRichard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:50 am

The legion of rabbits that appeared around his house would make a good viral vid but only the screams registered on film.

krisula

Postby krisula » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:14 am

Mouse's Sacrifice

Alone, he cried. I can’t. He thought. Deep breath, kisses, tears. He sped past, hung the bell, was devoured.

Ring!

Ring!

epmoyer

Postby epmoyer » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:24 am

"Mouse's Sacrifice" hits the Big Time

After six weeks on the NYT best TwitFic list, her pockets overflow with cash and publishers fight to option the drabble.

tastycakes

Postby tastycakes » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:27 am

Wow! I'm really impressed with the creativity here! Keep them coming; we can use all we get.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:49 am

I couldn't let it lie... remixed to the tougher 100 character format (although the horrid little tale does not stand retelling).

Revolted, I learn the reason the tomatoes flourish; sixteen dead dogs are buried beneath the garden.

rajasmasala

Postby rajasmasala » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 am

I got a few...

That night the sun slipped our minds. Just slipped. We woke up in the morning and we were like what?

It was Walpurgisnacht and my cat was not in. So I hugged a cushion, but then it started replicating.

“So what if Nelson's covered in signatures instead of birdshit? Isn't that big a change now, is it?"

Damn George Lutheran Dimmer Holmes had a crazily long mane of hair, which was reputed to eat itself.

They don't tell what my sister is, but people call her slow. Slowly. Slowly. Slowly. She gets worse.

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:21 pm

rajasmasala wrote:It was Walpurgisnacht and my cat was not in. So I hugged a cushion, but then it started replicating.

I like stories with cool words that I do not know :)

rajasmasala

Postby rajasmasala » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:19 pm

"In Germany, Walpurgisnacht (or Hexennacht, meaning Witches' Night), the night from April 30 to May 1, is the night when allegedly the witches hold a large celebration on the Blocksberg and await the arrival of Spring." -Wikipedia

Hope that helps. I've got another one, more in the spirit of the page, I think:

My dead cat rose and rubbed its fur off on my leg. Then fat, then flesh. I stifled my sniff hard.

If this multiple posting isn't kosher pls pm me.

Mr. Tweedy

Postby Mr. Tweedy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:06 pm

rajasmasala wrote:If this multiple posting isn't kosher pls pm me.

No, it's too late for that. Your multiple posting has reached such egregious levels that we have no choice but to release the air squid on you. Don't bother watching for it: You won't see it coming.

On that note:

The fins of magnapinna are broader than necessary for swimming. Their purpose was mysterious until we looked up today.
Advertise in this space!

rajasmasala

Postby rajasmasala » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 am

Ouch.

The air squid, an enlightened villain, chats before the deed. "We were soft-shelled crabs once. Then we saw a Zero..."

strawman

Postby strawman » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:04 pm

rajasmasala wrote:Ouch.

The air squid, an enlightened villain, chats before the deed. "We were soft-shelled crabs once. Then we saw a Zero..."

I like this: Evolution sparked by inspiration.
Kinda explains how elevators around the world came to life after the Muzak version of Lennon's Imagine.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

rajasmasala

Postby rajasmasala » Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Remix of earlier:

“O you charitable, behold my infinite blue hair. I am the the yogi Viknesh, mouthpiece of the sky-cobra Ouroboros.”

LajesticVantrashellofLob

A Twit-Fic

Postby LajesticVantrashellofLob » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:38 am

The unfortunate explosion of the rabbit was gory, but mostly ironic given John’s last comment: “And for my next trick…”
Philosophy is a game with objectives and no rules. Mathematics is a game with rules and no objectives.

You're always the hero in your own story - life is about not being the villain in anyone else's.

rajasmasala

Postby rajasmasala » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:17 pm

He whispered, blood hemorrhaging into her ear in the middle of sex, “Christ. I didn't know I could will sucide.”

We never learnt who Bigfoot was; the ID card on the body named her xHidra Boldface, a name not on any records.

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:06 pm

rajasmasala wrote:The air squid, an enlightened villain, chats before the deed. "We were soft-shelled crabs once. Then we saw a Zero..."

This is me favourite so far, it crams a lot in. I think that a lot of punctuation is a good sign ;-)

Phenopath

Postby Phenopath » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:20 pm

Exploring the mundane...

In my gilded cage I sweat profusely. It was hot, far too hot. Again I curse that damned thermostat.

Return to “Twit-Fic!”