Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3592
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:24 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"Catastrophe"

The enemy is approaching.
I've been able to keep them back.
But I'm all out of tuna.
I can hear them now, purring, meowing.

:D
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:53 am

I just want to rest, but they won't let me. They keep screeching their horrible war cry, and clawing at my face; damn cats.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
moonowl
Member
Posts: 613
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Philadelphia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby moonowl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:02 am

People and tuna are joyous cats do not have opposable thumbs. Imagine the genocide if they could operate the can opener.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby dreamrock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:30 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"Safe Neighborhood?"

Ever think, "I'd like to buy a home in this neighborhood. I wonder if they have much trouble with Sasquatch around here?"

Don't wonder: Be Sure

Someone tweeted it, but like an idiot I cleared it so I don't know who to blame.

EDIT: LOL Well, looks like it wasn't a tweet, it was drabblenews ... from YOU. :lol: Well-played, sir. Well-played.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

The Perils of Pam, Part 4 of 5

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:27 am

Pam's brood was feared due to its looks. But the real monsters were all idolized! Evil had money, votes and glamor shots.

nowicki1283
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 pm

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby nowicki1283 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

In the land where every item and every notion is embodied as a god, the spirit of atheism has by far the best sense of humor.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 pm

nowicki1283 wrote:In the land where every item and every notion is embodied as a god, the spirit of atheism has by far the best sense of humor.


...if you're amused by cosmic "Psych!"
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:42 pm

As I raise the hammer again, the words, "I forgive you," escape my victim's tattered yet smiling lips, and I am defeated.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:00 pm

nowicki1283 wrote:In the land where every item and every notion is embodied as a god, the spirit of atheism has by far the best sense of humor.


This one takes a while to grow on you. Poor spirit, like the Maytag Repairman, he is.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Dead Douglas

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:01 pm

His corpse stands in mocking display. Its decaying aroma fills the room; bits flake to the carpet. On top, sits an angel.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3592
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby tbaker2500 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:13 pm

nowicki1283 wrote:In the land where every item and every notion is embodied as a god, the spirit of atheism has by far the best sense of humor.


I like it. :)
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Lockhart, TX

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby eric_marsh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:44 pm

Studying her notes, she imagines existing in just three dimensions. What would life be like in such a cartoon universe?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Lockhart, TX

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby eric_marsh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:07 pm

His opera The Ballad of Lost C'mell is considered a masterpiece. But the high notes make all the neighborhood dogs howl.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:08 pm

eric_marsh wrote:Studying her notes, she imagines existing in just three dimensions. What would life be like in such a cartoon universe?

"You cannot exist in only 3 dimensions," he said. "Midi-chlorians would bisect your body! They need the astral plane."

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:10 pm

eric_marsh wrote:His opera The Ballad of Lost C'mell is considered a masterpiece. But the high notes make all the neighborhood dogs howl.


:P But that's true of ALL operas. :wink:

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Oprah loved it, too.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:12 pm

I lost a suit for writing an unauthorized autobiography. My lawyer, me, had a fool for a client. I do hate schizophrenia!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

A Pink WHAT?

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 am

It was a momentary lapse of reason, a few moments of pleasure to be followed by decades of remorse. Why did I vote that way?

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 am

The stinking corpse of the man I murdered sits mockingly before me. I know he's not really here. My nose knows otherwise.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

No refunds and no returns

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm

They claimed it was a glitch.
But as Paul stared at his imperfect clones, he knew: Imitation is a sincere form of mockery.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:16 pm

TheJebi wrote:The stinking corpse of the man I murdered sits mockingly before me. I know he's not really here. My nose knows otherwise.

"The Telltale Odor." By Edgar Alan Jebi
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.


Return to “Twit-Fic!”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest