Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Buy your indulgences from Algore Amalgamated.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm

Science is the consensus of the anointed, not public evidence. Oh, wait -- That's religion. We're in a theocracy again.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 pm

Our hero stands with sword in one hand and pen in the other, defiantly facing the Evil One's glare. Shall wisdom prevail?
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
normsherman
Site Admin
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:58 am

Re: All Windows victims know about the Blue Screen Of Death.

Postby normsherman » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:The movie hero hacks the alien's computers and you scoff. But, then your own invasion fleet ran on Windows. BSOD indeed.

Hah! Oh man, I've got a backlog of Twitfics here I want for a win but I've had so many BSOD's this week I gotta give Algy another win. :lol:

PS. I get plenty of MAC spinning beach balls and hate them equally.
"Give us all some Jelly"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: All Windows victims know about the Blue Screen Of Death.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:47 pm

normsherman wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:The movie hero hacks the alien's computers and you scoff. But, then your own invasion fleet ran on Windows. BSOD indeed.

Hah! Oh man, I've got a backlog of Twitfics here I want for a win but I've had so many BSOD's this week I gotta give Algy another win. :lol: .


Thanks, Norm.
Sorry about your 'puter problems. Remind me not to write a twabble about cancer. :?

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Only 3 more weeks 'til Campaigns Start!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:50 pm

You know a politician is lying by whether his lips are moving.
But Senator Smith is a ventriloquist!
Curses, he's got us.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

The Gorgon invader lounged in her starship, and pulled the strings of world leaders (puppets) with her quantum remote.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:12 am

tbaker2500 wrote:
nowicki1283 wrote:In the land where every item and every notion is embodied as a god, the spirit of atheism has by far the best sense of humor.


I like it. :)

"Divine Paradox"
God had just conceded the irony of it all. Since He did not have a creator, naturally, He thought of Himself as an Atheist.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3592
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby tbaker2500 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:21 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"Divine Paradox"
God had just conceded the irony of it all. Since He did not have a creator, naturally, He thought of Himself as an Atheist.


I've never thought about that. That's quite funny!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 am

Eight tentacles typed furiously at the keyboard: This Drabblecast project was the most advanced tool ever attempted.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Lockhart, TX

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby eric_marsh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:17 pm

strawman wrote:Eight tentacles typed furiously at the keyboard: This Drabblecast project was the most advanced tool ever attempted.


Don't squid have ten tentacles?
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:36 pm

Wikipedia on cephalopods said eight (I checked). Premise being that Norm likes 'em so much because he's their ultimate tool.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby dreamrock » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:43 pm

When I woke up with a feather on my arm, I knew I'd dreamt of flying. That was awesome. Waking up with dog bites? Not so cool.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:32 pm

dreamrock wrote:When I woke up with a feather on my arm, I knew I'd dreamt of flying. That was awesome. Waking up with dog bites? Not so cool.


Hey, if you wake up with a jet-pack, call me!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Garbage in...

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:38 pm

What is comp-ost? It's decaying stuff -- often manure.
Contrast with the Windows comp-uter and its similar end result.


Can you tell that, like Norm, I'm having extra computer and IT problems? :)

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby ROU Killing Time » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:50 pm

strawman wrote:Wikipedia on cephalopods said eight (I checked). Premise being that Norm likes 'em so much because he's their ultimate tool.

I can't believe you just called Norm a tool.

I'm tellin'
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:02 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
strawman wrote:Wikipedia on cephalopods said eight (I checked). Premise being that Norm likes 'em so much because he's their ultimate tool.

I can't believe you just called Norm a tool.


It' don't matter. Norm's a piker compared to Bruce Schneier with his weekly squid posts (and more).
Bruce also knows the correct number of tentacles a squid has (it ain't eight) -- plus how some folks call most of 'em "arms". :wink: :D

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Okay, I checked the octopi, not the squid. Octopi means "eight pi's". Pi is the ratio of the diameter to the circumference of a circle (the head of the octopus).
My case for Norm being a squid apparently requires more than 100 characters. However, if you want to have some fun, you might keep this possibility in mind while listening to the next episode. If you wake up with sucker marks on your arms, call me.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3498
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:56 am

strawman wrote:If you wake up with sucker marks on your arms, call me.


I wake up with 'Sucker' marked on my forehead (apparently). Does that count?

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:29 am

Yeah, "apparently" because you're the only one who can't see it?
Nope. Doesn't count. That's strictly between you and the Gypsies.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:53 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:
TheJebi wrote:The stinking corpse of the man I murdered sits mockingly before me. I know he's not really here. My nose knows otherwise.

"The Telltale Odor." By Edgar Alan Jebi

Thanks, that's exactly the feel I was going for. So let's call that one: The Telltale Odor, Part 2

-----------------------

The Telltale Odor, Part 1


The stench from beneath my floorboards grew unbearable. I had buried the body deep, although not deep enough to forget.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”


Return to “Twit-Fic!”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest