Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

1001 Twabbles

Postby dreamrock » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:26 am

Cursed be the daughter of Dangerous Robert. Her tantalizing glances drew my notice and now I know how he earned his name.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: 1001 Twabbles

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:48 am

dreamrock wrote:Cursed be the daughter of Dangerous Robert. Her tantalizing glances drew my notice and now I know how he earned his name.


Oh, come on! Can't you at least use his proper name, "Badass Bob"? :P

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Proper Priorities, Please.

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 am

Amy's "Murder Mystery Dinner Theater" was a smash hit. But, her "Rape Mystery Dinner Theater" was not as well received.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Deck the Halls with Dee Men She Ah...

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:20 pm

Kim was 90. She'd had decades of Yule joy, but also pain and stress. This year, it was all new again. She'd get to see Santa!

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4236
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:10 pm

"Requiem for a Moose"

Many had died, friends and foes, but he came home with the prize.
Now, Rocky had his acorns.
He missed Bullwinkle though.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:02 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:"Requiem for a Moose"

Many had died, friends and foes, but he came home with the prize.
Now, Rocky had his acorns.
He missed Bullwinkle though.

:P
Have you noticed how the world has gone downhill since Bullwinkle and Rocky split up?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
eric_marsh
Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Lockhart, TX

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby eric_marsh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:28 pm

strawman wrote:Have you noticed how the world has gone downhill since Bullwinkle and Rocky split up?


I think with end of the Cold War Boris Baddanof was retired and consequently they were too.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:04 am

And Mr. Peabody grew up to be F5iver.

*sigh*
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby The PMS Avenger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 am

"Barack HUSSEIN! He's Muslim!" blared Fox on the Whitehouse TV as the president chuckled and reabsorbed his tentacle.
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:20 am

The PMS Avenger wrote:"Barack HUSSEIN! He's Muslim!" blared Fox on the Whitehouse TV as the president chuckled and reabsorbed his tentacle.


Ah, so we agree that Barack Hussein Obama is a monster. :wink:
Who would've thought that the first Black Kenyan president would, in 2009, give ammunition to the bigots of 1965 (Democrats, BTW) by dragging the country to 1984. :lol:


Chief of Staff:
The Devil's such a delicious character, we'd have to invent him, if he didn't exist.
"Way ahead of you," the pol replied.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

The Mind of Melvin, Part 1

Postby TheJebi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:46 am

"I long to see the stars," said Melvin.

"Oh, I'll show you stars," said the bully, swinging his baseball bat menacingly.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Nomnom Entendre

Postby dreamrock » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:36 am

She missed having the brain closet key, but promotion demanded it. It was a raise and other managers didn't miss theirs.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

The Mind of Melvin, Part 2

Postby TheJebi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:55 am

Melvin sat in his basement, finishing his bully-busting robot. Things at school would be so very different from now on.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:44 am

TheJebi's Mystery Science Theater 3000 Dinner was very poorly attended, but at least he had his robots to keep him sane.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
The PMS Avenger
Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby The PMS Avenger » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:07 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
Ah, so we agree that Barack Hussein Obama is a monster. :wink:
Who would've thought that the first Black Kenyan president would, in 2009, give ammunition to the bigots of 1965 (Democrats, BTW) by dragging the country to 1984. :lol:


Chief of Staff:
The Devil's such a delicious character, we'd have to invent him, if he didn't exist.
"Way ahead of you," the pol replied.



Since when do tentacles make someone a monster? I personally prefer my leaders with a few suction cups. And He's hardly militant enough for 1984; if anything, we're destined for a Brave New World.
Communism was just a red herring!

User avatar
tbaker2500
Site Admin
Posts: 3594
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:03 pm
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:23 am

The PMS Avenger wrote:Since when do tentacles make someone a monster? I personally prefer my leaders with a few suction cups. And He's hardly militant enough for 1984; if anything, we're destined for a Brave New World.


You go girl!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby strawman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:38 am

I don't think Orwell meant that as a good thing.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:43 am

The PMS Avenger wrote:Since when do tentacles make someone a monster? I personally prefer my leaders with a few suction cups. And He's hardly militant enough for 1984; if anything, we're destined for a Brave New World.


http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/monster wrote:mon⋅ster
–noun
1. a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2. any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3. any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
4. a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
5. any animal or thing huge in size.
6. Biology.
a. an animal or plant of abnormal form or structure, as from marked malformation or the absence of certain parts or organs.
b. a grossly anomalous fetus or infant, esp. one that is not viable.
7. anything unnatural or monstrous.


Pretty sure the Obamanation has most of those covered. And yes, tentacles make the monster. :)

And good point, he does combine the worst of both books.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3504
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Betrayed at every level, and cowed too

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:57 am

Perpetual motion is proven absurd, yet 1000's defend it.
So too, millions worship the slick tyrant who would kill them.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Postby TheJebi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Wow strawman and ASID, you guys are up early, (unless you're about to go to bed like me :? ) I assume because you have jobs, (unlike me :cry: ) or maybe just because you're old... :lol:

Strawman: I don't think the Avenger meant that A Brave New World was a good thing, just different from the 1984 world, and more likely, although I'm not sure myself.

And ASID: You really showed Miss PMS, I mean Bush was such a Great Guy, let's try to get him back on the ballet for 2012, wutcha' say guys? It's not like I'm an Obama fan or anything, (it horrifies me how wall-street just owns him) but I'll take him over a Bush any day, at least Obama is literate, and that has to be a good thing, right?.

Okay, off to bed for TheJebi now, and congrats on yet another win ASID.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”


Return to “Twit-Fic!”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron