Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
80%
No
4%
We'll see
16%

Total votes: 55

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:18 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote: Yes. (Those bastards.)
I am now ashamed of my British heritage! I shall cling to all that is Scottish from this day hence.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 pm

F5iver wrote:I am ashamed to say I've never seen a single episode of Dr.Who ever in my life.
As well you should be.

Once you get past the intentional schlockiness of Dr.Who it's very easy to get drawn in and completely enthralled by the grand story arc, which is essentially another re-telling of the superman/savior myth. Without taking itself at all seriously, they tackle big themes and stories in an amazing fashion.

Here, have a Jelly Baby, or perhaps a nice gumball.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:55 pm

Well, some Dr. Who is much better than others. Witness the finale to Series 3, which was bloody amazing, compared to the finale for Series 4, which sucked utterly.

Spoiler:
The "bloody amazing" episode features a brilliant–unforseeable, yet entirely logical–turning of the enemy's own weapons against him, a climax built up to with such extreme subtlety that you don't even know you've been watching the buildup up until The Doctor's trap springs.

In contrast, the "sucked utterly" episode features a self-destruct button for, not just the enemy base, but the entire enemy species. Yes, there is a "kill all Daleks" button located in the Dalek stronghold. Needless to say, the existence of this button greatly expedites the defeat of the Daleks. (And that wasn't the stupidest thing in that episode.)
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:17 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Well, some Dr. Who is much better than others. Witness the finale to Series 3, which was bloody amazing, compared to the finale for Series 4, which sucked utterly.
Can't really argue with you on that score, but I guess in a series than has over 20 seasons under it's belt you have to expect some low points to balance out the highs.

<b>
Spoiler:
</b>The way they wrapped up the Rose/Doctor love story and gave at least one version of The Doctor a happy ending was tops in my book.

Speaking of spoilers, I was hoping the episode with the sexy english red-head who used to play Elizabeth Corday on ER was going to lead to a story arc involving her and the Doctor, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
<b>
</b>

Tweedy, you know both you and I are on the verge of being banned from the forum for flagrant thread derailment.

Hopefully someone in high places will have pity on us and allow us stick around.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:44 am

<b>
Spoiler:
</b>
ROU Killing Time wrote: The way they wrapped up the Rose/Doctor love story and gave at least one version of The Doctor a happy ending was tops in my book.
Oh puke! That was terrible! Let's cheapen the whole story by concocting an utterly ridiculous, illogical event to somehow have our cake and eat it. Hmm... Rose and The Doctor cannot possibly be together, for 100 different reasons. Nothing we can do about it unless... I know! Let's write an episode where The Doctor gets duplicated, but the duplicate is actually a human (a completely different species from The Doctor). And the impassable barrier between universes becomes passable for some reason. And then The Doctor is actually in love with Rose, even though that makes no sense because Rose is totally not good enough for him and he'd bored out his freakin' mind after 20 minutes being married to her. And let's not forget the utter contradiction that it's just peachy for the duplicate Doctor to be a human, but Donna has to have her mind wiped to keep from being destroyed by all that Time Lord braininess, even though both of them are humans with Time Lord minds! Gah! That ending was one of the worst things ever!

And the idea of Rose living happily ever after with The Doctor just makes me ill, because she's a brainless teenage ditz and he's centuries old and the smartest man since God. There could be no worse match in the universe. Gah!
<b>
</b>

And no fear! River Song is coming back. It says so in Wikipedia, which is never wrong.
ROU Killing Time wrote:Tweedy, you know both you and I are on the verge of being banned from the forum for flagrant thread derailment.

Hopefully someone in high places will have pity on us and allow us stick around.
Uh, yeah... Make a Doctor Who thread, why don't you.
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:22 am

Or Bo could add 2 more characters to MBDMC3, loosely based on, I don't know, say DoctorTweedy and WhoROU.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:35 am

Tweedy, I'm prepared to agree to disagree about that Dr.Who wrap-up.

(aside) <pinky>#2, Please change the targeting of the "Laser" in space from Drabblecast HQ to Bourbonnais, IL.</pinky>

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:42 am

strawman wrote:Or Bo could add 2 more characters to MBDMC3, loosely based on, I don't know, say DoctorTweedy and WhoROU.
That's better than EurethROU. Beautiful. Gosh I feel like I've finally left my mark, an indelible icky stain, on the drabblecast forums.

Awww who the (redacted by the FCC) ROU....

<RANT>
(what's with that anyway, isn't forcing The Who to change their recordings no different in principal to putting a fig leaf on Michaelangelo's "David?", or covering up the boobies on the statues in the Department of Justice?)

Where will it end, oh where will it end. If this keeps up, people won't be free to write about inserting rutabagas up peoples rear ends anymore.

Stop the madness!!!
</RANT>

revsleestaxx

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by revsleestaxx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm

is this where you post he twitfic or do you start another thread?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When She awoke her brain felt like it was wrapped in gauze. It wasn't her apt. and it wasn't her blood, but it smelled good.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 pm

revsleestaxx wrote:is this where you post he twitfic or do you start another thread?

When She awoke her brain felt like it was wrapped in gauze. It wasn't her apt. and it wasn't her blood, but it smelled good.
You got the right place.

Nice twit-fic.

But geez, what's with all of these frequent postings... Man, the nerve of SOME people...

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:19 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
But geez, what's with all of these frequent postings... Man, the nerve of SOME people...
nah just a slow day at work and 3 years of near daily posts to recycle.
The Reverend's Razor

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:29 pm

revsleestaxx wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:
haha, i was poking fun at me, not at you. ;-)

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
revsleestaxx wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:
haha, i was poking fun at me, not at you. ;-)
Now see I got that and thought I would drag you out of the brushes into the clearing so that we all can get better cross hairs on your personage
The Reverend's Razor

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:08 am

revsleestaxx wrote: Now see I got that and thought I would drag you out of the brushes into the clearing so that we all can get better cross hairs on your personage
Don't make me re-target my space "laser."

ROU, stands for "Rapid Offensive Unit."

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Today is toasted marshmallow day! Those damned little puffs better be watching out for the sleestaxx man 2day cause I got me a pointy stick!
The Reverend's Razor

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:05 pm

revsleestaxx wrote:Today is toasted marshmallow day! Those damned little puffs better be watching out for the sleestaxx man 2day cause I got me a pointy stick!
See, it's stuff like this that really makes me hate your damned, witty, upstart ass.

This weeks winner, imo.

guitardel

Post by guitardel » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:11 am

Delirium. Hydrophobia. Fang marks. Classic rabies. Pentagram tattoo behind the ear? No, no, no! Hounds of Hell again.
Del DeHart

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:34 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:
revsleestaxx wrote:Today is toasted marshmallow day! Those damned little puffs better be watching out for the sleestaxx man 2day cause I got me a pointy stick!
See, it's stuff like this that really makes me hate your damned, witty, upstart ass.

This weeks winner, imo.
Why thank you how very kind. you know Sunday WAS toasted marshmallow day and today is "National Trail mix day"
The Reverend's Razor

F5iver

Post by F5iver » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:25 pm

Cthulhu was buried in his woolen suit seaweed and supplications in his breast pocket. Mourners left behind their sons.

revsleestaxx

Post by revsleestaxx » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:36 pm

Today is National Trail Mix Day
---------------------------------------
It's an abomination! I swear to you. God never intended all that co-mingling. It's just wrong. Nuts and fruit and candy.
The Reverend's Razor