Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Locked

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:13 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Freeze or burn, you will die.
Before the data was enhanced, that read "Freezer burn, you will dye"
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by dreamrock » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:20 am

juliasd wrote:Nice one. I hope you got the side with the bathroom and the kitchen.
Well, let's just say this mage wasn't so hot at drawing straight lines. ;)
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Grandpa Demands Global Warming

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:22 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
juliasd wrote:It is 20 degrees colder in Indiana this year than last year. Granddad asks, “When do we get that global warming out here?”
We control the journals, destroy the data and fabricate the results. It's climate change! Freeze or burn, you will die.
Very deep Algernon. I was going for something a little more light hearted, but I like the dark turn you took.

FYI - this twabble is based on true events. Gotta love grandparents.

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:39 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
F5iver wrote:
strawman wrote:Albert imagined he could hear the universe's orchestra.
Eyes closed, he directed his attention to the string section.
CONGRATULATIONS!
I cheered and re-tweeted this one.
Yeah, congrats Strawman. I was stunned when I learned that this is your first twitfic win. About time.
Hey! Congrats Strawman! Fantastic work. I retweeted it too! :D

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Grandpa Demands Global Warming

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:50 am

juliasd wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
juliasd wrote:It is 20 degrees colder in Indiana this year than last year. Granddad asks, “When do we get that global warming out here?”
We control the journals, destroy the data and fabricate the results. It's climate change! Freeze or burn, you will die.
Very deep Algernon. I was going for something a little more light hearted, but I like the dark turn you took.

FYI - this twabble is based on true events. Gotta love grandparents.
Actually, mine is based on true events, too. Google "Climategate" for just the latest example.

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Grandpa Demands Global Warming

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:17 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Actually, mine is based on true events, too. Google "Climategate" for just the latest example.
Pretty creepy stuff. I knew there was some cover-up going on, but I didn't know it was this extreme. Conspiracy abounds.

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:19 am

dreamrock wrote:
juliasd wrote:Nice one. I hope you got the side with the bathroom and the kitchen.
Well, let's just say this mage wasn't so hot at drawing straight lines. ;)
I hope your roommate doesn't hire a 30th level mage to get you back somehow...

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

My Brother's Pet

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:52 am

“We’re overfeeding her,” I moaned.
“Nah,” said my brother, stroking the tentacle resting on his arm, “She’s perfect.”

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:13 am

"High Electric Bill"
For the umpteenth time that day, God turned down the dial on the thermostat and shouted, "Who keeps turning up the heat?"
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 am

"The Bright Side"
I can't tie my own necktie, but at least I have no problem reaching that itchy spot.
I'm very glad my arms are on backwards.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

juliasd
Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by juliasd » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:42 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"High Electric Bill"
For the umpteenth time that day, God turned down the dial on the thermostat and shouted, "Who keeps turning up the heat?"
LOL! God and my mom have something in common!

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"The Bright Side"
I can't tie my own necktie, but at least I have no problem reaching that itchy spot.
I'm very glad my arms are on backwards.
Had your surgery at a government-run hospital, did you? :)

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

It's not all fire and brimstone.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:"High Electric Bill"
For the umpteenth time that day, God turned down the dial on the thermostat and shouted, "Who keeps turning up the heat?"
"How did I get an electric bill?" God fumed. I have my own Sun and lightning bolts!
Lucifer chuckled as he ordered pizzas.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:"The Bright Side"
I can't tie my own necktie, but at least I have no problem reaching that itchy spot.
I'm very glad my arms are on backwards.
Had your surgery at a government-run hospital, did you? :)
Hoped you liked that twabble. I think it may be my favorite in my, albeit limited, foray in the field of twabble that is dominated by giants of the form.

BTW, I must admit that your twabbling tool is an amazing aid to the art o' tw(itter)-Dr)abbling. I like that instant feedback in it's design. Makes it much easier to nail that 100 character post by an order of magnitude over other methods of character counting. (Feel free to quote that on the bottom of the shrink-wrapped version...)

So, I was wondering what you masters of twabbling could do with the following challenge.

A drabble, composed entirely of twabbles. You have use as many or as few twabbles as you like, long as it all adds up to 100 words, and each section adds up to 100 characters.

The winner of this absolutely unofficial contest gets nothing more than the phrase "<insert winner here> is the Lord of the Twadrabble," placed in my signature line for a week.

ASID? Jebi, Are you up to the ROU Twadrabble Challenge?
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:42 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Hoped you liked that twabble.
'Twas a noble effort. It did suffer from not really 'splain'n the bass-ackwards anatomy (other than an assumed Obamacare).

BTW, I must admit that your twabbling tool is an amazing aid to the art o' tw(itter)-Dr)abbling. I like that instant feedback in it's design. Makes it much easier to nail that 100 character post by an order of magnitude over other methods of character counting.
Thanks. As payment, you must go and vote for Drabblecast right now, and then every month, at PodcastAlley.

So, I was wondering what you masters of twabbling could do with the following challenge.

A drabble, composed entirely of twabbles. You have use as many or as few twabbles as you like, long as it all adds up to 100 words, and each section adds up to 100 characters.
Meh, been there, done that. For a reminder see _1_, _2_ (plus the next 2 posts), _5_(plus the next 2 posts), and the final result.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:09 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:Hoped you liked that twabble.
'Twas a noble effort. It did suffer from not really 'splain'n the bass-ackwards anatomy (other than an assumed Obamacare).
Ah, I think much better for the reader to do the 'splainin in this case. Had I 'splained, your cogent interpretation would have been thwarted.
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Thanks. As payment, you must go and vote for Drabblecast right now, and then every month, at PodcastAlley.
Already voted, will continue to do so. :-) As for the cash, I'll have to pay you in Altairian Space dollars...
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Meh, been there, done that. For a reminder see _1_, _2_ (plus the next 2 posts), _5_(plus the next 2 posts), and the final result.
Taken together, those add up to exactly 100 words and form a coherent drabble? Not enough that each of the sections are twabbles. Final piece must be exactly 100 words too.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:21 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Already voted, will continue to do so.
Did you vote in December? It doesn't look like it. The only votes are mine and some richmazzer dude.

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:the final result.
Taken together, those add up to exactly 100 words and form a coherent drabble? Not enough that each of the sections are twabbles. Final piece must be exactly 100 words too.
Check again. The final result IS exactly 100 words and is composed of 5, 100-char twabbles. The whole is just as coherent, if not more-so, as many drabbles on this site.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 am

Well then, I guess you turned in your homework early.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:33 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Well then, I guess you turned in your homework early.
Please note that F5iver gets at least 65% credit for that mega twabble, babble drabble. It was pretty awesome, IMO, but didn't get much love. :(

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:40 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
ROU Killing Time wrote:Well then, I guess you turned in your homework early.
Please note that F5iver gets at least 65% credit for that mega twabble, babble drabble. It was pretty awesome, IMO, but didn't get much love. :(
You're channeling Doctor Seuss!!!
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Locked