Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
Locked

Do you like twit-fic?

Yes
44
80%
No
2
4%
We'll see
9
16%
 
Total votes: 55

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:48 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
F5iver wrote:Yea, I'm tired. Plus, with 43 pages of twitfics, and you responsible for 86% of them, I missed a lot.
:lol:
Yeah, I think my best twabbles were largely overlooked.
And there's no way, in Heck, that Norm reads all of this thread.

PS. I'm down to 70%. Jebi has taken over much of the bulk-posting duties. :wink:
Glad I can help with the heavy lifting, but I will not post my second Twabble-Drabble until I get at least one comment on my first one. I thought it would be impossible to do one that worked, but I've got another, and I'm saving it for my 100th post. :)
Then I might take a little brake to recuperate my creative juices.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by strawman » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:12 am

Would that be a...hiatus?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:21 am

ASID and I had a twabble Showdown a while back. We exchanged twab-fire on a theme and ended up with this twabble/drabble:

We regretted it when the laws of physics were amended by The Committee and all the kittens and puppies turned inside out.

Kittens and puppies are cute and harmless. But, when turned "inside-out", they became unstoppable killing machines.

"My killing machine isn't working," complained William. "I pull on the trigger mechanism and all I get is hair balls."

"That's the problem, Billy. The killing machine was set to 'Evil', not mass murder. There should be no more hair balls."

Officer Dwyer never got the chance to regret his instructions to the little boy. Lil Bill had already reset the kitten.

User avatar
dreamrock
Member
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by dreamrock » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:27 am

Tasty cakes weren't people, urine, or hazardous waste. The ingredients were cute wubbles. The outrage was deafening.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

CURSE OF THE TIME BENDERS:

Post by TheJebi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:31 am

Bits of fragmented reality fractured and shattered angrily as I slammed the emergency stop button on my time-machine.

Wondering where I had materialized this time, I looked through the porthole and saw a foul scene. It seemed I was in hell.

A charred and desolate landscape reaching to the horizon was all that I could see, until the winged creatures appeared.

The Infernal Demons ascended to smite God. But found that no such creature existed, and so they too become nonexistent.

Then, realizing that I was this God who didn't exist, and briefly fathoming everything, I faded away into nothingness.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: CURSE OF THE TIME BENDERS:

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:36 am

TheJebi wrote:Bits of fragmented reality ...
This one's a bit more coherent. Not bad.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:37 am

Well okay there's my two Twabble-Drabbles. And that second one is my 100th post. :)

But F5iver, I show your collaboration Twabble-Drabble as two characters short... :(

I feel a great weariness coming upon me now... Those SOBs are hard to get right! 8)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
F5iver
Member
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by F5iver » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:48 am

Fixed
We regretted it when the laws of physics were amended by The Committee and all the kittens and puppies turned inside out.

Kittens and puppies are cute and harmless. But, when turned "inside-out", they became unstoppable killing machines.

"My killing machine isn't working," complained William. "I pull on the trigger mechanism, and all I get is hair balls."

"That's the problem, Billy. The killing machine was set to 'Evil', not mass murder. There should be no more hair balls."

Officer Dwyer never got the chance to regret his instructions to the little boy. Li’l Bill had already reset the kitten.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

The Perils of Pam, Part 1 of 5.

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:46 am

Pam remembered her mom's wedding toast: "May all of your problems be little ones."
Pam stared at her octuplets and wept.

User avatar
ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog
Posts: 4253
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: Portland, OR

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by ROU Killing Time » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:30 am

"Snakes"
The old man crouched; naked and alone in the swamp water. Long ago the snakes had gotten to him. Now they lived in his head.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 pm

ROU Killing Time wrote:"Snakes"
The old man crouched; naked and alone in the swamp water. Long ago the snakes had gotten to him. Now they lived in his head.
I guess that the snakes are in his head both literally and figuratively there, right? Nice.

Also, I checked your site out and voted some, good simple site, I've been thinking about getting a little place of my own on the web to show my work... or lack there of. :?
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

You Can't Evade

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:10 pm

He dropped his bombs in no predictable pattern, but covering maximal area.
Yes, Barfy pooped like an expert mine layer.

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: You Can't Evade

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:12 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:He dropped his bombs in no predictable pattern, but covering maximal area.
Yes, Barfy pooped like an expert mine layer.
Oh so silly, but I appreciate the the name Barfy. A play on barfly I would guess.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: You Can't Evade

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:13 am

TheJebi wrote:Oh so silly, but I appreciate the the name Barfy. A play on barfly I would guess.
"Barfy" is a 5-letter name that hopefully has you thinking dog. It's also the name of a dog in a couple of comic strips. (Damn kids these days, don't take the newspaper!)

"Bark", "arf", barf up the partially chewed mouse, etc.

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

The Perils of Pam, Part 2 of 5

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:14 am

Having octuplets was hard enough. But when each had horns and cloven
hooves, the questions and stares were unbearable.

User avatar
strawman
Member
Posts: 5966
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: The Perils of Pam, Part 1 of 5.

Post by strawman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:38 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Pam remembered her mom's wedding toast: "May all of your problems be little ones."
Pam stared at her octuplets and wept.
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Having octuplets was hard enough. But when each had horns and cloven
hooves, the questions and stares were unbearable.
2 down. Pretty good. 3 to go.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: You Can't Evade

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:16 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:
TheJebi wrote:Oh so silly, but I appreciate the the name Barfy. A play on barfly I would guess.
"Barfy" is a 5-letter name that hopefully has you thinking dog. It's also the name of a dog in a couple of comic strips. (Damn kids these days, don't take the newspaper!)

"Bark", "arf", barf up the partially chewed mouse, etc.
Ah, I see. For some reason my mental image was of some sort of flying creature. But I should of course have guessed dog by the "land mines".
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: The Perils of Pam, Part 1 of 5.

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:39 pm

strawman wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Pam remembered
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Having octuplets was hard
2 down. Pretty good. 3 to go.
I agree, pretty good. Although they are just parts, instead of a single twabble-drabble, like ROU challenged us to write... nudge, nudge. :)
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
TheJebi
Member
Posts: 237
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 am

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by TheJebi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm the baddest rappin zombie
No I don't wear abercrombie.
I'm so bad cause I'll eat your brains
Leave dogs your remains.


OR:

I'm the meanest rappin' alien
No I'm not episcopalian.
And I'm so hard because my body's metal
Your children I unsettle.


OR:

I'm a bad rappin squid
I'll pull out your heart n show what I did.
Don't come down to my place
Or I'll squirt ink in your face.
“I’m not TheJebi because I like the hum of a lightsaber in my hand… and I’m not TheJebi because I like being TheJebi. I’m TheJebi because the Galaxy needs me to be TheJebi.”

User avatar
Algernon Sydney is Dead
Moderator
Posts: 3514
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:22 pm
Location: PRK (California)

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Is that what they mean by a "bum rap"? :D I kid; I kid!

Props for referencing Episcopalian. Of course, you're going to Hell. :wink:

Locked