Page 47 of 53

Re: The

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:53 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
dreamrock wrote:I see your name everywhere. It hurts me so much. I believed your parents hated you. Now I know they preemptively hated me.
Very nice! Morally despicable but twabble-y delicious.

Do you need to edit the title? "The" what?

Re: The

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:30 am
by dreamrock
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Do you need to edit the title? "The" what?
Her name is "The." :lol:

Re: The

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 am
by TheJebi
dreamrock wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Do you need to edit the title? "The" what?
Her name is "The." :lol:
Wow, that's great, made me LOL.
But only after you explained it, guess it was over our heads...

Re: The

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:34 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
dreamrock wrote:
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Do you need to edit the title? "The" what?
Her name is "The." :lol:
That's either too cute to live or over my head. Sure it's not "Thee"?

Edit: I guess not. This is like the first version of the "who's on first" joke -- doesn't really stand scrutiny but, hey, it was before The Simpsons.

How to fix without killing the joke? ... "A girl named 'The'"?

Not counting the name confusion, this is still a great twabble.

Re: The

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:10 am
by dreamrock
TheJebi wrote:But only after you explained it, guess it was over our heads...
:lol: I suspect it was more under rather than over. It's closely related to a pun in a sense.
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:That's either too cute to live or over my head. Sure it's not "Thee"?

Edit: I guess not. This is like the first version of the "who's on first" joke -- doesn't really stand scrutiny but, hey, it was before The Simpsons.

How to fix without killing the joke? ... "A girl named 'The'"?

Not counting the name confusion, this is still a great twabble.
I hope it's just too cute to live. :lol:

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 am
by tbaker2500
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:I haven't played much Chinese "Go" (Used to play Redneck "Go" all the time... Momma would point at the front door and say, "Go! ... And don't come back 'til supper time!")

I don't think that the Ko Rule would apply here, unless it's possible to re-embowel someone?
Actually, some of the most painful disembowelment happens during Ko's. You think you're just fighting over .5 points, then he kills your whole dragon.

Wicked Planning

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:44 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
She'd dodged the water and offed the brat. Now she snarled, "Why are buckets, of my one weakness, all about this castle."

People Without Pets

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 am
by m_a_kelly
We'll be sad if dogs and cats transcend sapience and leave Earth. What will we do with their squeaky toys and catnip mice?

What Every Mac User Knows

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:56 am
by m_a_kelly
The help desk people didn't inform me that when I zapped my PRAM, it might zap me back. Now my brain is stuck in 'safe mode.'

Re: What Every Mac User Knows

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:44 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
m_a_kelly wrote:Those help desk techs didn't inform me that when I zapped my PRAM, it might zap me back. Now my brain is stuck in 'safe mode.'
Good one!
It's 101 characters, though.

m_a_kelly wrote:We'll be sad if dogs and cats transcend sapience and leave Earth. What will we do with their squeaky toys and catnip mice?
Remember that when the cats and dogs are gone, people will foolishly take chimpanzees, apes, etc. for pets.
We all know where that leads!

Re: What Every Mac User Knows

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:00 pm
by m_a_kelly
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: Good one!
It's 101 characters, though.
I bet I missed the period at the end. Thanks for the catch! :) I have revised.

Re: What Every Mac User Knows

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:09 pm
by m_a_kelly
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Remember that when the cats and dogs are gone, people will foolishly take chimpanzees, apes, etc. for pets.
We all know where that leads!
One of my 2 favorite classics. The other being:
Soylent Green is people? Shut up, Charlie, I'm trying to eat! :lol:

Re: Wicked Planning

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:17 pm
by moonowl
Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:She'd dodged the water and offed the brat. Now she snarled, "Why are buckets, of my one weakness, all about this castle."

Ha! Watch out for the flying monkeys!

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 am
by The PMS Avenger
This one is a little too autobiolgraphical, but I guess you have to go with what inspires you.

Images of champagne and kisses filled her as she made final tweaks to the Machine. All she needed was some of Norm's hair.

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:26 am
by Algernon Sydney is Dead
The PMS Avenger wrote:This one is a little too autobiolgraphical, but I guess you have to go with what inspires you.

Images of champagne and kisses filled her as she made final tweaks to the Machine. All she needed was some of Norm's hair.
Excellent! Your first post to the forum is our first stalker-twabble. :D

Welcome aboard. Norm's a lucky guy. :P

Image

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:47 pm
by strawman
Great pic to go with "All I needed was some of Norm's hair"

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:49 pm
by Phenopath
Norma?

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:25 pm
by The PMS Avenger
Thanks! xD I'm thinking about writing all of my twitfics about Norm, at least until he gets creeped out and bans me. Or I was thinking about this one:

Garin recalled their last night together, her grip on his bare shoulders, his sighs, and her passionate cry: "Oh Norm!"


You don't think I'm being a little too forward with Norm, do you?

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:00 pm
by tbaker2500
You're right, she is very Norma-esque.

Re: Announcing the Weekly Tw(itter)-(Dr)abble Contest!

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:13 pm
by eric_marsh
tbaker2500 wrote:You're right, she is very Norma-esque.
She's a high-priestess of the druidical temple of Esus?