Twabble censorship

Submit 100 character stories for the weekly contest
unreliable narrator

Twabble censorship

Postby unreliable narrator » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Mod note: split from main twabble thread, as slightly off topic there, July 12, 2014

unreliable narrator wrote:My mum told me having one testicle does not make someone a freak but I still say it's creepy and she should have it removed.

I appear to have offended people with this post which was not my intention. Apologies to anyone affected, and especially to Norm who felt he had to retract it on twitter. I genuinely just wanted to make people smile but clearly my sense of humour doesn't translate too well. I'll be hanging up my twabble writing hat now but keep up the good work guys!
Last edited by Algernon Sydney is Dead on Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add thread-split notice
"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight."
HP Lovecraft

afgrappin

Re: Post your Twitfic Twabbles Here! (General Content)

Postby afgrappin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:25 pm

unreliable narrator wrote:
unreliable narrator wrote:My mum told me having one testicle does not make someone a freak but I still say it's creepy and she should have it removed.

I appear to have offended people with this post which was not my intention. Apologies to anyone affected, and especially to Norm who felt he had to retract it on twitter. I genuinely just wanted to make people smile but clearly my sense of humour doesn't translate too well. I'll be hanging up my twabble writing hat now but keep up the good work guys!

As a TG community "member", I want to say I found this hilarious. Sorry this hasn't been appreciated, and I want to wish you all the best.
Don't follow your dreams. Live them.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:18 pm

Don't let a few over-loud A-holes (literally, in this case) trample on your right to tell a joke. EVERYBODY knows that you meant no offense and nobody really took offense. This is just a handful of jerks, drunk on their corrupted power of censorship.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:23 pm

+1 for supporters of freedom of the twit.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

strawman

Postby strawman » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:05 pm

I'd like my practice to be to sit down and rethink things, trying as hard as I can to understand the feelings of everyone, to be inoffensive.

But then I remember that this is about strange stories for strange listeners, and we take pride in affirming our strangeness. We don't mind when haters hate because, in a very special way, no one is queerer than we are, except maybe the people who dream up and produce the stories we enjoy.

Besides, if anyone's entitled to make a testicle joke, i's the guy who has three.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

JMiriah

Postby JMiriah » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:53 am

I thought the retracted twabble was funny, and unreliable narrator obviously meant no offense or disrespect to anyone.

As a cisgender person, I completely acknowledge that I may not recognize when a joke is offensive to the transgender community. To me, part of being a TG ally means that when a transgender person says something is offensive, I believe them.

I think there is plenty of strangeness to be enjoyed without offending anyone. I'm reminded of Norm's slush-reader-appreciation series of tweets a while back. Even "Strange" has limits.

I hope to read more of unreliable narrator's twabbles here, and I hope to see him win twabble-of-the-week again soon.
“It’s what you do with it that counts.” But, one look at his twabble convinced her. A double entendre’s size does matter.

Spindaddy

Postby Spindaddy » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:36 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:

Don't let a few over-loud A-holes (literally, in this case) trample on your right to tell a joke. EVERYBODY knows that you meant no offense and nobody really took offense. This is just a handful of jerks, drunk on their corrupted power of censorship.

People are assholes, don't stop writing because they took offense to something harmless.
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.

bryanwitha_y

Postby bryanwitha_y » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:29 am

The Andromedan hanged by what may have been its neck. The mob roared. That'd teach 'em not to use those intolerant words.

(in dedication to unreliable narrator. R.I.P.)
Still wet behind the gears.

strawman

Postby strawman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:52 am

Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tobadzistsini

100 characters

Postby tobadzistsini » Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:31 pm

Suggestion: Start a twabble discussion forum, rather than posting asides and complaints about submissions over here

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: 100 characters

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:31 pm

tobadzistsini wrote:Suggestion: Start a twabble discussion forum, rather than posting asides and complaints about submissions over here

If it gets too out of hand, we split the thread off. It really wasn't too bad this time, but thread split at your request. (How meta this is)

SpareInch

Postby SpareInch » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:11 am

afgrappin wrote:

As a TG community "member", I want to say I found this hilarious. Sorry this hasn't been appreciated, and I want to wish you all the best.

I only just got here, but it certainly made me laugh. I can pretty much guarantee it would go down well on the TG Forum where I usually hang out. (Yes, Impossible as it sounds, we're breeding!)
The truth may be out there, but lies are inside your head.

PB&Jellyphish320

Re: Twabble censorship

Postby PB&Jellyphish320 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:53 pm

My best friend in the whole world was transgender, prior to this death last year. I found this funny, and I know he would have too. Transgender people can be very sensitive about their condition but you shouldn't give up writing because you got a rise out of somebody! Isn't that what writer's do after all?
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

unreliable narrator

Postby unreliable narrator » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:14 pm

PB&Jellyphish320 wrote:My best friend in the whole world was transgender, prior to this death last year. I found this funny, and I know he would have too. Transgender people can be very sensitive about their condition but you shouldn't give up writing because you got a rise out of somebody! Isn't that what writer's do after all?

Thank you for your message. I have realised I was being more than a little sensitive and have kind of got over myself about it. I was just a bit shocked at some of the vitriol on Twitter and took it personally. I've kept twabbling and have even had a couple read out on the show now! (Yay!) Thanks again for your support and I hope to keep ruffling the standards of acceptability whenever I can!
"We shall see that at which dogs howl in the dark, and that at which cats prick up their ears after midnight."
HP Lovecraft

PB&Jellyphish320

Postby PB&Jellyphish320 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:36 am

PB&Jellyphish320 wrote:My best friend in the whole world was transgender, prior to this death last year. I found this funny, and I know he would have too. Transgender people can be very sensitive about their condition but you shouldn't give up writing because you got a rise out of somebody! Isn't that what writer's do after all?

Thank you for your message. I have realised I was being more than a little sensitive and have kind of got over myself about it. I was just a bit shocked at some of the vitriol on Twitter and took it personally. I've kept twabbling and have even had a couple read out on the show now! (Yay!) Thanks again for your support and I hope to keep ruffling the standards of acceptability whenever I can!

Oh, sorry. Guess I was kind of late to party on this one. :oops:
~ What's that in the mirror, or the corner of your eyes. What's those footsteps following but never passing by . . .

~ The Doctor

Spindaddy

Postby Spindaddy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:57 am

Its never too late to party.
I'm not Evil. I'm Corporate.

Poptart Mayhem

Postby Poptart Mayhem » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:36 pm

:roll: wow i cant believe you got flack for this. i thought this was sooo funny! :lol: i love the ones that catch you totally off guard and it was executed perfectly :!:

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 pm

Welcome aboard, Poptart Mayhem!
Great username, with so many delicious possible interpretations. ;)

unreliable narrator

Postby unreliable narrator » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:07 am

Poptart Mayhem wrote: :roll: wow i cant believe you got flack for this. i thought this was sooo funny! :lol: i love the ones that catch you totally off guard and it was executed perfectly :!:

Thanks! It seems ages ago now... must get my twitfic head back on! :D
HP Lovecraft

revsleestaxx

Postby revsleestaxx » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:40 am

The fact that someone could complain about that twabble makes me sadder still but what's led me the saddest is that I have ignored you all find r so long but you have no idea the war that is being waged with satan right. But no fear my bitches I am fighting for ALL of your souls right now
The Reverend's Razor
"If you don't know where it is, you don't know where it's not."

FeedBooks = http://www.feedbooks.com/userbooks/rece ... user=37332" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Twit-Fic!”