Norway's being sucked into a reality vortex.

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Talia

Norway's being sucked into a reality vortex.

Post by Talia » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:12 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... orway.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

Dude.

Here's a series of pics of the event.

http://www.itromso.no/bilder/article316 ... =0#pageTop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

strawman

Re: Norway's being sucked into a reality vortex.

Post by strawman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:43 pm

I like one of the comments:
" Every thousand years, I test each life system in the Universe. I visit it with mysteries, earthquakes, unpredicted eclipses, strange craters in the wilderness... If these are taken as natural, I judge that system ignorant and harmless - I spare it. But if the Hand of Ming is recognized in these events, I judge that system dangerous to us. I call upon the great god Dyzan, and for his greater glory "
- CRATCHET, The Independent State of Holton Le Clay., 09/12/2009 14:47
(This is from The Emperor Ming, Flash Gordon)
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

I suspect this is one of those things where we'll never learn the truth. Ignoring the horribly 'shopped pictures (why did they feel the need to 'enhance' a horribly CCD-style distorted photo?), the video does make it look like an artificial phenomena. I guess the video could be 'enhanced' too. I'm hoping not though.

My current theory is that Cthulhu's maternal predecessor is missing her darling child and has sent her doom-flecked eye to wander through the cosmos. Unfortunately, it has a bad sense of direction and mistook Norway for a watery tomb.

Will she awaken Cthulhu early, spawning a post-nap feast the likes of which humanity shall not live to tell about? Is ocean water the appropriate brining recipe when cooking humans? Does the maternal eye run on a renewable resource? Will great Cthulhu say, "Another five millennia, mom!"?

The time for answers may be very near indeed.

That comment is an absolute gem, strawman. :lol: Now I kind of feel the need to watch Flash Gordon.
Dribblecast: A Community-Driven Podcast | Troll Jammies

"There's no such thing as enough Tequila."

eric_marsh

Post by eric_marsh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:10 am

It's clearly a wormhole opening. I suspect that we have interstellar visitors arriving just in time for Obama's acceptance of the Nobel Prize. Obviously his appeal extends far beyond just the American Electorate.

Or on the other hand it might just be some of his family coming to visit for the ceremony.
Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think. - Horace Walpole
Eric's Drabbles: http://eric-marsh.blogspot.com/"

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:53 am

See? I KNEW he wasn't born here!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:38 am

All the time-lapse photos just make it look completely fabricated. But the last video, it looked like it could have been a missile spiraling, there was some natural unevenness.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:02 am

I hear the Russians fessed up to it. Apparently they were testing an ICMB, and one of the upper stages wigged out and, instead of burning its fuel, sprayed it in a big spiral.

I've got to give the Russians some props for using a missile to create a spectacle in the skies of northern Europe during the Peace Prize proceedings. Classy!
Advertise in this space!

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:10 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I hear the Russians fessed up to it. Apparently they were testing an ICMB, and one of the upper stages wigged out and, instead of burning its fuel, sprayed it in a big spiral.

I've got to give the Russians some props for using a missile to create a spectacle in the skies of northern Europe during the Peace Prize proceedings. Classy!
Yeah, I think they're lying to prevent mass panic over eldritch horror. :mrgreen:

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:18 am

True. Best the public not discover the true nature of the "labors on the world stage" Obama spoke of. (And you thought "stage" was a metaphor!)
Advertise in this space!

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:33 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:I hear the Russians fessed up to it. Apparently they were testing an ICMB, and one of the upper stages wigged out and, instead of burning its fuel, sprayed it in a big spiral.
Uh huh. Nice cover up story from the Russians.

Seriously weird pattern though- are the colors on the photos enhanced or something?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:45 am

Generally Ruskies testing missles doesn't come as a relief, but it really did look like a photoshop filter was about to destroy the world.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

dreamrock

Post by dreamrock » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:42 pm

StalinSays wrote:Generally Ruskies testing missles doesn't come as a relief, but it really did look like a photoshop filter was about to destroy the world.
There's a story in that somewhere.

Johnny made a filter in Photoshop. It was guaranteed to make any photo awesome. After a brief lull where no one knew it really worked, it immediately sold a million copies.

The trouble came when someone used it on a photo of Britney Spears. The photo filter couldn't make the photo awesome. It could only make the photo awesome ... by comparison. Eye by eye, every real life person gained glaring red-eye, pimples, big heads ... and MySpace angles. If only we had known.

Feel free to make that into a real story.