Man said 'wombat rape' led to accent change

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
bolddeceiver

Man said 'wombat rape' led to accent change

Post by bolddeceiver » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 am

If "rape by a hoax animal" is drabblenewsworthy, surely "rape by animal a hoax" is. Right?

Pretty odd story, either way.
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily

jodymonster

Post by jodymonster » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:03 pm

Oh, you beat me to it! when I saw the bigfoot rape story I thought of this one, which came out a week or to ago. I was just too lazy to go find it again. Now I have to find the one about the guy who had sex with a metal table...

So this article begs the question- if you are raped by a wombat and it makes you "speak australian" than would a panda make you speak chinese? just wondering...

jodymonster

Post by jodymonster » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:12 pm

found the table sex guy. here you go, fellow drabblerabble-
http://www.nbc24.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=114123

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Oh geez. :? These threads are bumping so many things off my list of "Top 10 Things I Was Better-Off Not Knowing."

<speaking as moderator> Okay, okay. We all know there are exactly 452,239,023 people in the world who do really weird/gross sex stuff, but, please, let's not have this become a thread where we list all of them in descending order. Between the squids, the bigfoots and now this thread, I think the number of phallocentric topics in Drabblenews is adequate for the time being.</speaking as moderator>

I was surprised to see that the word "alcohol" didn't appear until near the end of the wombat rape story. I would have expected to see it in the first few paragraphs.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:13 pm

Tru dat.
Besides, wombat rape happens way more often than most people realize- but 9/10 cases go unreported.
There is help...
"Give us all some Jelly"

bolddeceiver

Post by bolddeceiver » Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:44 am

But it can be helpful. I pointed the accent change out to my sister, who is an American expat living in the Sydney area... she's thinking about wearing "asking for it" clothes in wombat-inhabited areas, just so people will stop asking about the accent.
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily