Ancient golden toothpick and earwax scoop

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed May 21, 2008 9:03 pm

awesome. I still wish I had gotten that online treasure hunting degree from University of Phoenix.

Welcome to the forum deadjon- 100th member!
"Give us all some Jelly"

adam

Post by adam » Wed May 21, 2008 9:15 pm

if this isn't the most drabble-newsworthy post i've ever seen, i don't know what it is i've been seeing. the idea of a toothpick/earwax pick combo utensil qualifies it alone, but as an ancient golden artifact, valued at over $100,000?? cmon. i can just hear the intense zoom-in sound effect with norms voice "CHECK DIIISS.."

so kudos to you deadjon, on a solid first post. i'm trying to figure out if there could be a more inappropriately mismatched multifunctional tool. used thong dental floss perhaps?

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed May 21, 2008 10:11 pm

This had to be the ultimate anniversary gift for the woman who had everything, from a man who was clueless about women. And why was it on a galleon? Probably being returned for a refund. Imagine the clerk who had to explain to her that the ship sank in a storm, so no store credit. "We are sooo sorry, Senora Torquemada..."

deadjon

Post by deadjon » Thu May 22, 2008 12:06 am

I'm glad everyone liked the article, I thought of drabblecast immediately when I saw the article. And I'm stoked to be forum user #100. Here is a commemorative drabble inspired by the article.

---

“Yeah, the 10 K finders fee is great, but I still wish it had been something cooler.” Said Dave the diver.
“It’s a solid gold 17th century sunken treasure! How much cooler does it get than that?” replied his friend Norm.
“Yeah, but still… earwax? Yuck.”
“Oh, I’m sure there’s some internet forum somewhere that thinks it’s the coolest thing ever. There’s a lot strange shit out there, you know.”
“Yeah, I guess so.”
“It’s like… you know how you were saying the other day that Pigs are the new giant squids? Well, maybe the ear is the new anus.”