Woe is me

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
normsherman
Site Admin

Woe is me

Post by normsherman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow. So the upgrade from iWeb06 to 08 changed our feed url from http://rss.mac.com/normsherman/iWeb/Sit ... st/rss.xml to http://web.mac.com/normsherman/Site/Podcast/rss.xml.

After an hour on the phone with apple support it was determined that there is no way to go back and that I should consider putting some text on the main page telling listeners they need to re-subscribe. Right.

I am amazed that apple overlooked the fact that changing feed urls in an upgrade would have an enormous impact on bloggers/podcasters etc.

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to do an rss redirect or something- can't leave all those poor bastards out there stranded on New Caprica with dead feed URL's.

This is weak Apple, Steve Jobs raised you better than this.
"Give us all some Jelly"

normsherman
Site Admin

Update

Post by normsherman » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:44 pm

FYI for wheoever is keeping up with the Drabblecast development issues as of late.
Working with someone to get the feed back to the old one- should be been much easier than it is turning out to be.
This will be annoying because those of you who have resubscribed will have to do so yet again. :(

It's the lesser of two evils though because the majority of people who subscribe probably just think we're running behind if they are paying attention at all. Also, won't have to go around changing all the podcast alley/pickle etc type sites with our old feed.

Sorry!
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:25 am

So, if I still have the old feed in my iTunes, I should be good?
Advertise in this space!

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:56 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:So, if I still have the old feed in my iTunes, I should be good?
Indeed.
"Give us all some Jelly"

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:40 am

Tom Baker (tbaker2500) saved Drabblecast.

Ask him into your heart and he will do the same for you.
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:15 am

normsherman wrote:Tom Baker (tbaker2500) saved Drabblecast.

Eew. I never did like that particular phrase. If somebody could wrap it up into 100 words though, it might give me a giggle.

Okay, okay, I'll submit it tomorrow.

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:27 pm

I think a Christmas special should be made about how Tom Baker saved DC! I hear there's a shortlist of washed-up actors lining up to be in the special: Bea Arthur, Belki from Perfect Strangers, Dave Coulier, The entire cast from Facts of Life, but rumor is Tom Arnold wants to play Norm Sherman.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am

tastycakes wrote:I think a Christmas special should be made about how Tom Baker saved DC! I hear there's a shortlist of washed-up actors lining up to be in the special: Bea Arthur, Belki from Perfect Strangers, Dave Coulier, The entire cast from Facts of Life, but rumor is Tom Arnold wants to play Norm Sherman.
With a name like 'Tom Baker' I suggest we work in as many obscure Doctor Who references as we can.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:29 am

Tom, we must have your picture so that you can be immortalized somehow. Perhaps as a Mii...
Advertise in this space!

Goldenrat

Post by Goldenrat » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:26 pm

Don't we have to nail him to a tree and go through that whole process before he can get in to our hearts?

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:35 pm

Goldenrat wrote:

Don't we have to nail him to a tree and go through that whole process before he can get in to our hearts?
Nope- not with Tom. You can just give him your username and password and he can get right in there.
"Give us all some Jelly"

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 am

normsherman wrote:
Goldenrat wrote:

Nope- not with Tom. You can just give him your username and password and he can get right in there.
Oh good one Norm :evil: . It's lucky I don't know too many people who come readin' around these parts. I know WAAAAYYYY too many preachers who would see that, think, 'Wow! The magic words to reach today's generation!' and slip the reference into tomorrow's sermon.

Jesus wants to log into your heart today. Don't go lagging up his ping times. Why not let him write a cookie on your life? He knows your username, and all he needs is your password. He's not going to brute force the issue. Give him your password now! Don't wait! He'll come like a script kiddie in the night, and you don't want to be on the wrong side of the firewall when that happens.'

Please don't go giving anyone ideas...

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:24 am

cammoblammo wrote:
normsherman wrote:
Goldenrat wrote: Don't we have to nail him to a tree and go through that whole process before he can get in to our hearts?
Oh good one Norm :evil: . It's lucky I don't know too many people who come readin' around these parts. I know WAAAAYYYY too many preachers who would see that, think, 'Wow! The magic words to reach today's generation!' and slip the reference into tomorrow's sermon.

Jesus wants to log into your heart today. Don't go lagging up his ping times. Why not let him write a cookie on your life? He knows your username, and all he needs is your password. He's not going to brute force the issue. Give him your password now! Don't wait! He'll come like a script kiddie in the night, and you don't want to be on the wrong side of the firewall when that happens.'

Please don't go giving anyone ideas...
Oi gevalt...

For what it's worth Norm, I've long since forgotten your username and passwords. And thanks for not nailing me to a tree.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Advertise in this space!