Not Exactly Newsworthy

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
The PMS Avenger

Not Exactly Newsworthy

Post by The PMS Avenger » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:29 pm

This really isn't a matter of grave universal importance, but I felt like I had to share this moment with a like minded group of weirdos.

I GOT NIGERIAN SCAM SPAMMED VIA FACEBOOK!
I have no idea how it happened, but five minutes ago I recieved the following message:
Olaide Lawal September 16 at 7:38am
After glancing through your profile,i see that you must be a responsible person who we can be compatible in life.Well I'm a man who is willing to know you more better.I'm Olaide lawal .I would be glad to hear from you to move on with the next discussion. You can get me on yahoo instant-messenger(Olaidelawalbelievegod@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) or you send mail to me....at (olaidelawalbelievegod@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
BEST REGARDS
Olaide.
I'm not sure whether this man is a bot, some kind of money making scheme, or the Nigerian spam man of my dreams.
Communism was just a red herring!

themorg

Re: Not Exactly Newsworthy

Post by themorg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 pm

that is great to have gotten spam via facebook.This is dialog i got from sending out spam from the 2010 scam spam contest.
D#@% SM$%@ wrote:Dear Morgan AKA Abemoll Kwngatusi

I see that you were the one who sent me such a strange e-mail i got in my box. I never thought you would get into that scam side of the internet. Stealing hard earned money from hard working Americans is just WRONG!!! If you are in a really bad way you can always call or leastwise email me. I know your dad has medical bills from your mom, that he is paying off, but at least you could have talked to him and I know we could figure things out. I don't know what has happened to you having moved so far away in that weird, godless city.

Your mother and i talked, at length many times, about how she didn't want me to push the word of GOD to you

but i think it is necessary when you are getting yourself into such stupid thing like spams.

Leviticus 19:11-13 “You shall not steal; you shall not deal falsely; you shall not lie to one another. Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am the LORD. Do not defraud your neighbor or rob him. The wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning."

Think about that and i plan on calling you this weekend when i am not at work and can give you a proper talking to.

Love
D#@% SM$%@
This has been edited to keep her from being embarrassed about
1. not reading the entire letter
2. some remarks that would offend normal socially acceptable speach within society and views on religion, etc, etc.
3. and finding out it was the winner of a fiction writing contest dealing with Nigerian spam's.

After said conclusions were met she had this to say.
D#@% SM$%@ wrote:
Dear Morgan

Oh my God I took a look at that email and boy do I seem like such a fool. I am so sorry for jumping to so many conclusions about what you were doing and what that email was about. I never thought you could write in such a creative way ... etc
i then told her that i did not write that one and had wrote one one that was a little palatable for her.

Spam can change your life.
Drabbillus Haventnpigeonholdhimus
http://www.drabblesbymorg.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false

The PMS Avenger

Re: Not Exactly Newsworthy

Post by The PMS Avenger » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:24 pm

That is probably the best response that I have ever heard. It just changed my life and I wasn't even the one spammed.
Communism was just a red herring!