I will probably be crucified for posting this here...

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
bolddeceiver

I will probably be crucified for posting this here...

Post by bolddeceiver » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:59 pm

I almost hesitate to post this among such a pro-squid community, but the truth must out:

Colossal Squid a Colossal Wuss
...the pagoda-like enclosure, where Japanese sand-badgers disported themselves...

Drabbling Daily

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Blasphemy! How dare this "scientist" O'Shea contradict the Drabble Writ?!

I dispute his findings. The fact that this particular squid was a sissy only shows how fearsome the species really is: Clearly, the squid elders rejected this specimen us unfit for their presence and cast it from their midst. How else could it have been caught and placed in O'Shea's unworthy hands? What we have here is proof that squid to not tolerate weakness.
Advertise in this space!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

hm

Post by StalinSays » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 am

Crucifixion seems a bit extreme. How about a hemlock juice-box?

adam

Post by adam » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:51 pm

this is a sweeping generalization that i just cant buy, based off just the 1 specimen they have. i mean, if aliens came down and picked up one of our woman, they'd probably figure all humans were wusses too.
hehe. just playin. but no this pretty much the only colossal squid to ever let itself be caught, so its clearly the weakest of them all. the true badasses down there know we'll never get one of them and find out what we're in for. they're laughing at us, arming their flamethrowers, and planning their communist reich.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Word. This is just a decoy. This is just a squid hoax to throw us all of our guard. The squids have been punishing their weakest, puniest and most pathetic by tossing them into human fishing nets. They're waiting until we're fully complacent, then–BAM! Y'all saw Cloverfield, right?
Advertise in this space!

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:48 pm

I was thinking 'Would that the Trojans had been as skeptical as you guys' when it occurred to me... Have they looked inside this thing?
Is it possible that we have looked at this corpse as a harmless gift of the sea. Beware of Ichthyologists bearing gifts!
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"