Beware of low flying...yeah, you guessed it

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Mikes

Beware of low flying...yeah, you guessed it

Post by Mikes » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:10 pm

Last dildo-related story, I promise!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertain ... 6004644838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He said a scantily clad exotic dancer appeared after a while and was soon performing her party trick: shooting dildos at the guests.
Mr Skumavc said those who had seen the infamous ping pong ball scene in the Australian film Priscilla, Queen of the Desert would know how the party trick worked.
He said the pink projectile was flying an impressive 7m across the room and looping about 2m high.
Best line of the piece:
"I don't have a massive experience with dildos," he said.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Re: Beware of low flying...yeah, you guessed it

Post by StalinSays » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Why make promises that you know you can't keep?
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Mikes wrote:Last dildo-related story, I promise!
He said a scantily clad exotic dancer appeared after a while and was soon performing her party trick: shooting dildos at the guests.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Is shooting douchebags with overjelled hair in the face with plastic wangs a superpower? It should be. I am for one, in awe of her mad skills.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Obviously been spending several hours a day working out on the Kegel-cizer.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 pm

Sigh... Is there a line here? Is the moderator supposed to decide where it is?

Geez, people.
Advertise in this space!

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 pm

Come on, Mr tweedy, if this was a sport the US government would have paid for her green card by now.

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:41 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:Sigh... Is there a line here? Is the moderator supposed to decide where it is?

Geez, people.
Why? This is a forum where I had to declare I was 18 to join, correct? When did it become 'a line' to talk about silly topics that are PG-13 enough to appear in a public newspaper?
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:50 am

Actually, no, that is not correct. There is no age gate on this forum, and there have been a few younger members here from time to time. And I don't think that jokes about strippers shooting dildos out of their vaginas would make it into either a PG-13 movie or your local newspaper.

And, frankly, I don't have to justify my decisions to anyone other than the gods on high. As long as it says "czar" next to my name, it's my call where the line is and what is over it. I has powers.

That said, I politely request that no one compel me to draw lines or make calls. It's no fun.
Advertise in this space!

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:20 am

Well, frankly you are the one who just got the most graphic there. We were all going with silly and mostly innuendo. If someone knew exactly what we and the article were talking about, well, they are old enough.

Look, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you know why I'm snorked off? I took your initial 'polite request' to be rather condescending. You could have just said "hey guys, Mod says getting a little too racy don't make me break this up." I didn't need the SIGHS and GEES like we are little children you are tut-tutting.

I've been a mod before, I know it's a pain in the pooper, but what, I've never been a problem here have I, over 2 years now? I can deal with being told to chillax, or topic foul, or move along. I wouldn't have said a word. I simply won't be spoken down to. I can take my toys and go home.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:53 am

You demanded an explanation. I explained. You made misstatements. I corrected. And seeing as it was not anything you posted that inspired the "geez," I don't see why you feel you've been talked down to or singled out, or why you are taking any offense at all. If ROU or Mikes feel like I'm doing wrong by them, I'm sure they can defend themselves.

So, yeah.
Advertise in this space!

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:03 am

Now how in Hades was I supposed to know my comments were not part of the the 'oh geez people' scold post too, since I posted right along up there with ROU and Mikes? Whut, am I not even a people now??? :wink:

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:27 am

You weren't the one who posted 3 distinct dildo-centric topics and/or brought Dr. Kegel into the discussion, were you? No? Okay, cool. 8)
Advertise in this space!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:18 am

well, i stole my joke from Futurama.

Call it the Groening defense?

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Post by ROU Killing Time » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 am

To expand a bit, I'll have to accept that it's literally impossible for anyone to go through life without offending someone at some time, however, I sincerely did not wish to ruffle anyone's feathers with an off-the-cuff remark.

Perhaps it's my background, having worked in the family cytology lab and personally processing maybe a quarter of a million pap smear specimens that leaves me with a more matter of fact outlook on the human biological system.

Maybe it's that outside of instances of violence, abuse, stabbing, rape, general man inhumanity to man stuff, I find humans to be pretty amusing critters, what with their social drama, foibles, squishy parts and obsession and/or shyness regarding the naughty bits.

As far as Dr.Kegel goes, well, if you get that joke, the cow is probably out of the barn as far as being shocked by it. Besides, Dr.Kegel heroically tackled the problem of elderly incontinence head-on with his preventative regimen, (ok, it's not exactly curing cancer, but as anyone with elderly family members knows, there's nothing pretty about urinary incontinence...)

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:45 am

Mr. Tweedy wrote:If ROU or Mikes feel like I'm doing wrong by them, I'm sure they can defend themselves.
While I don't feel I have to defend myself, I do have to speak up here.

Mr Tweedy this is the second time in a week you've come down heavy handedly on my posts, unnecessarily so, and even though you said you don't want to, you have just drawn lines. With these boundaries you risk either less posts as people start pussy footing around and trying to second guess you, or trying to push the boundaries further, forcing you to step in where before it would not be necessary.

Secondly Moonowl was right in saying your initial comments were condescending. In the 8 months or so I've been visiting these forums I have seen no need for moderating, people keep themselves in check. As Moonowl pointed out; if someone is old enough to figure out what these topics are about, they're old enough to read about them. And considering Drabblecast has run two episodes going into detail about raping ducks I think the community can survive a few lighthearted topics.

I've enjoyed your posts before, and have looked forward to your contributions on the forums, but from these past two topics you're risking coming across as someone who's letting a little power go to their heads. For the good of the forum, can we please have the old Mr Tweedy back?

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Younger members, if you've come to the Drabblecast forums Drabble news section to lose your innocence, might I suggest a million better places?
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

strawman

Post by strawman » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:01 pm

Wouldn't that belong in the Podcasts and Suchforth thread?
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm

strawman wrote:Wouldn't that belong in the Podcasts and Suchforth thread?
I suggest the tapeworm episode for starters.

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Perspective, anyone?

I make a generic, non-threatening request for some self-policing (on a thread that starts with "Last dildo-related story, I promise!"), and the thread turns into an attack on me? Power has gone to my head? I am condescending? I am unnecessarily harsh? Because I say that I'm going to have to figure out a line somewhere if people keep posting dildo jokes? Because I ask you to restrain yourselves so I don't have to draw lines?

Well, here is a line. This thread is locked and discussion is over. I'm not going to take up any more time or space defending myself for attempting to do my job here. If you want to be the moderator, ask one of the gods. Maybe they'll give you the job. Until then, it's me. I'm afraid that's just a fact you'll have to deal with.
Advertise in this space!