I Know Kung Fu

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Mikes

I Know Kung Fu

Post by Mikes » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:53 am

Scientists have created a chip that allows rats to instantly know things. It’s amazing. After studying the chemical interactions that allow short-term learning and memorisation in rats, a group of scientists lead by Dr Theodore Berger – from the University of South California’s Viterbi School of Engineering – have built a prosthetic chip that uses electrodes to enhance and expand their memory abilities. The chip is capable of storing neural signals, basically functioning as an electronic memory, allowing rats to learn more and keep it in the devices.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2011/06/scien ... for-brain/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/science/17memory.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It also shows hope for repairing damage created by dementia. But more importantly I've always wanted to speak Esperanto.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: I Know Kung Fu

Post by ROU Killing Time » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:19 am

Kurzweilian.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:45 am

But if all you need for knowledge acquisition is a chip in the noggin,' what will 18-22 year olds use as their reason for habitual binge drinking?
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

noctem93

Post by noctem93 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Don't worry about that, Stalin. My guess is that the major alcohol distributors and "Big Tobacco" will bribe... erm, I mean contribute to...these scientists coming up with lung and liver FLASH RAM modules next.
<<<insert pithy signature comment here>>>

moonowl

Post by moonowl » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:39 am

Subject Title= win.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing