Robo-Cephalopod is the Cuddliest Robot

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Robo-Cephalopod is the Cuddliest Robot

Post by Varda » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:52 pm

Fact 1: Squids have no joints and are therefore cuddly.
Fact 2: Joints, being pokey, are the least cuddly part of the robot.
Fact 3: Scientists are trying to build a robo-squid in a field called "Soft Robotics", thereby facilitating better human-robot cuddling.

(Derp. Sorry. Posted this in wrong forum originally!)
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Robo-Cephalopod is the Cuddliest Robot

Post by Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:35 am

Varda wrote:Scientists are trying to build a robo-squid in a field called "Soft Robotics", thereby facilitating better human-robot cuddling.
Pretty sure I've seen Japanese manga with very similar plots. They usually do not end well for all concerned parties. ;)

~~~~
Also, about your new sig... Don't forget that one "awe shit" wipes out 10 "atta boy"s (and saying that "atta boy" is not gender appropriate, earns at least one demerit). The ratio increases with how much your livelihood is on the line, too (Unless you're a "guv-mint" worker).

Girl and robot-squid companion.jpg
Girl and robot-squid companion.jpg (116.69 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Robo-Cephalopod is the Cuddliest Robot

Post by Varda » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:38 pm

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:Also, about your new sig... Don't forget that one "awe shit" wipes out 10 "atta boy"s (and saying that "atta boy" is not gender appropriate, earns at least one demerit). The ratio increases with how much your livelihood is on the line, too (Unless you're a "guv-mint" worker).
:lol: Suppose a lot hinges on whether I'm trying to collect demerits. You made that "Double-Secret Probation" sound like an awful lot of fun, y'know. I'm picturing a super-secret prison forum where all the troublemakers are hanging out, getting drunk and giving each other tattoos. Is that where Ms. Grimsley went?

Also, that anime chick looks like she's having a great time with robo-squid. All looks perfectly consensual to me! :P
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)