Facial tattooes and other poor descions

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction

How much money would be required to convince you to tattoo your face?

Over 5 million dollars
10%
5 Million dollars
30%
500 Thousand dollars
50%
5 Thousand dollars
10%
Half a Grand
No votes

Total votes: 10

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Facial tattooes and other poor descions

Post by StalinSays » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:22 pm

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 am

The answer in the title; never fall asleep during a facial tattoo.

I can imagine it now... some poor sap goes into the palour for an escapepod facial tattoo, falls asleep and walks out with DrabbleCast.org written across his visage.

strawman

Post by strawman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Only a matter of time before 3D tattoos make their appearance.
"Man, that's one ugly tattoo."
"No, here, you gotta put on these glasses. It's an original Bo Kaier: 'Hippopotopain'".
"Wow! Cool! Where can I get me one of those?"
"Drabble Merch PayPal Donate Button"
"O man, this is gonna freak my parents out."
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:41 am

I've never fallen asleep during a facial tattoo.

I have a tattoo of my own face on my face. It's invisible.
Advertise in this space!

cammoblammo

Post by cammoblammo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Mr. Tweedy wrote: I have a tattoo of my own face on my face. It's invisible.
Your face is invisible?
It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.

Phenopath

Post by Phenopath » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:38 pm

cammoblammo wrote:
Mr. Tweedy wrote: I have a tattoo of my own face on my face. It's invisible.
Your face is invisible?
I have never seen Mr Tweedy's face...

Mr. Tweedy

Post by Mr. Tweedy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:47 pm

[low ominous voice]

Some questions are not meant to be answered.

[/low ominous voice]
Advertise in this space!

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 pm

Update relating the girl with the 56 stars. There's been a lot of speculating here in Holland/Belgium about 'the girl with the 56 stars'. A recap:

- The story the girl had told about 'falling asleep' during the action, was quickly rejected. How can anybody fall asleep during a facial tattoo, especially if it's the first tattoo you ever have?
- Then people rumoured it was done by a radio station, because the stars looked a lot like the stars in the logo of the station. Whether or not the stars were real or fake, was not clear.
- People then speculated about the stars being real tattoos because there was no red skin, something you would expect to see soon after the tattoos were placed.
- Last but not least, a dermatologist explained that the girl must have fainted during the procedure. He explained that the needle had gone 2 cm (=0.8 inch) deep into her head, causing her to faint. Think about that: 2 cm! That's tattooing the brain with stars. I'd faint too. Heck, I'd see stars for the rest of my life!

After many days of speculations, the girl has finally told her true story:
She had wanted the 56 stars all over her face, it was her intention. But when her father walked in and saw the results, she was so frightened for her father's reaction, that she told the story about having absolutely no idea this was being done to her. Whaha!

And now, the whole world knows and the whole world laughs. Well, I do anyway.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

strawman

Post by strawman » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:29 pm

The 56 stars could be for the 56 states, right?

Spoiler:

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Whaha

Post by StalinSays » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm

zZzacha wrote:She had wanted the 56 stars all over her face, it was her intention. But when her father walked in and saw the results, she was so frightened for her father's reaction, that she told the story about having absolutely no idea this was being done to her. Whaha!
Wow. Not sure if this makes it more mundane or more odd. I guess histrionic, chemically imbalanced folks acting out in self damaging ways skews too close to normal reality for true drabbledom. Thanks zZzacha for the update.

Similar to a radio station eh? Not unprecedented. Lest we forget this awful woman:
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,51 ... 87,00.html

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:27 pm

I don't think I would let my face get tattood. Unless it would be a tattoo of a little mole. Or maybe have my black eyeliner tattood on my eyelids, that'll save me some time in the morning.

Or! Tattoos of eyes on my eyelids, so nobody would see if I were looking or not. I would blink, but nobody could see that because my eyes would always look open. lol.

Or! A little spider tattood on my forehead, at the starting line of my hair, so that people would think "Eew, a spider is just now walking into her hair. Creepy...". But then it would be quite stupid if I had the spider there every day. People would notice that it wasn't really moving and that would just be stupid, almost like putting 56 stars on your head and thinking nobody would think that's weird.

While on that subject: the girl with the 56 stars has been offered a job at a tattoo shop (not with the tattooist who did the stars, because he thinks she's crrrrrazy), where she can inform customers about the advantages of having tattoos on your face.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

strawman

Post by strawman » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Best tat idea I've heard of is the guy who had a picture of a little man with a lawn mower tattooed in his bald spot

Spoiler:

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Excellent

Post by StalinSays » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:09 pm

I always kinda' wanted to tattoo on cartoonish angry eyebrows with furrowed brow, keeping my normal brows shaved. Not sure the benefit of looking furious all the time, not practical at all (like zZzacha's eyeliner), it just strikes me as an interesting visual.
zZzacha wrote:Or! A little spider tattood on my forehead, at the starting line of my hair, so that people would think "Eew, a spider is just now walking into her hair. Creepy...". But then it would be quite stupid if I had the spider there every day. People would notice that it wasn't really moving and that would just be stupid, almost like putting 56 stars on your head and thinking nobody would think that's weird.
Maybe if the spider was coming out of your hair, and on the back of the neck. That way if you fear people are catching on, you can grow your hair out. Though I'm guessing bangs could accomplish the same thing with your original idea.
strawman wrote:Best tat idea I've heard of is the guy who had a picture of a little man with a lawn mower tattooed in his bald spot
I dig that one. It's always fun to push a natural feature further with some body art. Or to push some unnatural feature forward, like with the Lizardman (http://www.thelizardman.com/). I met him when my company used to do work for Jägermeister (he MC's their tour). Nice guy.

Or there's always this guy: