Darwin Awards

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
strawman

Darwin Awards

Postby strawman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:06 am

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn’t discovered for 3 days.

Yes, it's that time of year again: The 2013 Darwin Awards! And the winners are: http://jdgroover.wordpress.com/2013/08/ ... s-are-out/

This year's Darwins lack only one award - shared by a government which requires a monopoly to deliver mail deciding it should also be in charge of your brain surgery; and the citizens who can't imagine what could go wrong.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Re: Darwin Awards

Postby Varda » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:21 am

This is pretty hilarious! There were a few more on the official site too, but nothing quite as good as the mental hospital bus, methinks.

strawman wrote:This year's Darwins lack only one award - shared by a government which requires a monopoly to deliver mail deciding it should also be in charge of your brain surgery; and the citizens who can't imagine what could go wrong.

Thanks for the nomination! I'd love to receive a Darwin (he's one of my personal idols, AND I share his birthday!), but they only give it to people who remove themselves from the gene pool, y'know. :wink:
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:45 am

:wink: I have no fear that you will change your mind before it comes to that.

Spoiler:

Varda
Connor Choadsworth Defender

Postby Varda » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:21 am

Of course, this does raise the question of whether political affiliation is inheritable or not. My parents are both lifelong diehard Republicans. Of their children, one remains quite conservative, while two are moderate to liberal, depending on the issue.

So perhaps that means that political affiliation is actually inherited in a reversed fashion: you're more likely to be the opposite of whatever your parents were.

It would follow, then, that the more fervent a person is in their political beliefs, and the more intent they are in influencing the next generation, the more they should appear to hold the opposing viewpoint, so that their children will turn out alright.

So the most radical leftist and rightist whackaloons are actually extreme self-parodies. They really, really love both their kids and the party of their (secret) affiliation.

Which brings us to the disturbing truth: ASID has been Hillary Clinton's Drabblecast handle all along. :shock:
Medical Microfiction: Stories about Science

Drabblescout Badges:
Merits: Twabble Author (5), Drabble Author (4), DRIP Slave Volunteer (2), Whittling (1), Macaroni Crafts (2)
Demerits: Redd*t Rouser (2), Whittler's Mother (6)

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:23 am

Varda wrote:This is pretty hilarious! There were a few more on the official site too, but nothing quite as good as the mental hospital bus, methinks.

Yeah, too bad that bus story is completely made-up malarkey. The real Darwin awards are plenty good without embellishment.

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:53 am

Shit, ASID. Now I'm going to have to go to a lot of trouble to make this happen so it can stay in Drabble News.

Spoiler:

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:19 am

No problem. Just charter a plane to Bedlam, then pull up to my neighborhood and announce you have free Raider's tickets. The bus and plane will fill up lickity-split and no one will believe they don't belong in an institution (after all, a hugely disproportionally large percentage of Raiders fans are in custody already).

Varda wrote:Which brings us to the disturbing truth: ASID has been Hillary Clinton's Drabblecast handle all along. :shock:

While of course, false-flag operations are a frequent tool of leftist tools, there's just no way that Hillary would post such awful awesome puns and rhymes. :mrgreen:

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:41 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote: frequent tool of leftist tools,

That just doesn't flow.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:43 am

Algernon Sydney is Dead wrote:there's just no way that Hillary would post such awful awesome puns and rhymes. :mrgreen:

Awww Hill. You are just too self-deprecating.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

strawman

Postby strawman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:30 am

ROU Killing Time wrote:Awww Hill. You are just too self-deprecating.

At this point, what difference does it make?

Spoiler:

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:16 pm

strawman wrote:At this point, what difference does it make?

Bah. I fear no one on this forum will get that reference. At least, now that they are dead, we can ensure that those men vote strictly Democrat from now on.

Return to “Drabblenews”