Techtopus: Drabblecast logo? Google & Apple do heap big Evil

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Algernon Sydney is Dead

Techtopus: Drabblecast logo? Google & Apple do heap big Evil

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:48 am

Yet another example of Google (and Apple's) endless perfidy has a nice Drabblecast-friendly name. The Techtopus.

It's where tech giants, led by Apple (especially Steve Jobs) and Google, conspired to suppress wages and blacklist workers. They were vindictive about it too.

I'm a Milton Friedman and Thomas Sowell acolyte, and even I struggle to explain how this kind of outrageous behavior would backfire if we ever had a free economy... :?

strawman

Re: Techtopus: Drabblecast logo? Google & Apple do heap big

Postby strawman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:39 pm

I suppose a conviction on this class action suit is a foregone conclusion, as the phrase "secret wage-theft agreements" and "illegal wage-theft pact" are used in every other paragraph of the story.

But even if they are guilty, they won't suffer any consequences. The companies will pay, the stockholders will foot the bill, 40% will go to the lawyers, and you will get a check for 2% of what you lost as a result of the collusion, assuming you spend a lot of time proving you're a member of the injured class.

In a tight market, whether it be for required materials, components, or skills, if you don't get sued for something like this, you'll get sued for moving your operation offshore, where engineers are plentiful. You'll try to hedge the market for your materials so you won't be at the mercy of suppliers, and you'll get sued for that.

Shouldn't it be illegal for the Patel family to have a monopoly on convenience store and hotel operations?

One thing is certain; whenever a bubble bursts, there's lots of blood in the water, and the top of the food chain gets its fill.
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: Techtopus: Drabblecast logo? Google & Apple do heap big

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:07 am

strawman wrote:I suppose a conviction on this class action suit is a foregone conclusion, as the phrase "secret wage-theft agreements" and "illegal wage-theft pact" are used in every other paragraph of the story.

The gal that runs that site has drunk deep from the commie Kool-Aid. Nevertheless, this case is going before the judge that helped engineer that outrageous lawsuit win for Apple a while back. ("Rounded corners and common-sense graphics? We totally own that!")

So, this becomes a perfect, leftist, Sophie's choice. Do they continue their blind devotion to all things Apple (and Google), or do they punish an "illegal wage-theft pact"?

It's a toss-up, but leftists have a long history of forgiving ANY sin, if it's done by one of their own.

Return to “Drabblenews”