N. Korea starts international incident over Seth Rogan movie

Would have beena great fiction story...if it was fiction
Chairman Goodchild

N. Korea starts international incident over Seth Rogan movie

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:28 pm

Well, Sony's entertainment division has been thoroly hacked by an anonymous group called GOP who are dead set on preventing the release of a 'terrorist movie.'

Networked World
It’s not looking good for Sony or its employees. Besides previously unreleased films appearing on torrent sites, other sensitive leaked info includes unreleased scripts, the personal information of 3,800 employees, performance reports, salaries, executives’ bonuses, and all manner of private details found in emails, such as medical treatments and a romantic entanglement resulting in disciplinary action. The social security numbers of “47,000 celebrities, freelancers, and current and former Sony employees” are also circulating on the internet. More will surely hit the news as people pour through the 100 terrabytes of data the Guardians of Peace group says it nabbed from Sony.

And the attack doesn't stop there, it includes emails specifically targeting the families of Sony Entertainment employees.

I am the head of GOP who made you worry.

Removing Sony Pictures on earth is a very tiny work for our group which is a worldwide organization. And what we have done so far is only a small part of our further plan. It’s your false if you if you think this crisis will be over after some time. All hope will leave you and Sony Pictures will collapse. This situation is only due to Sony Pictures. Sony Pictures is responsible for whatever the result is. Sony Pictues clings to what is good to nobody from the beginning. It’s silly to expect in Sony Pictures to take off us. Sony Pictures makes only useless efforts. One beside you can be our member.

Many things beyond imagination will happen at many places of the world. Our agents find themselves act in necessary places. Please sign your name to object the false of the company at the email address below if you don’t want to suffer damage. If you don’t, not only you but your family will be in danger.

Nobody can prevent us, but the only way is to follow our demand. If you want to prevent us, make your company behave wisely.

So, it must be taken for granted that this cyber-attack must have been launched by a group allied with North Koreans, which includes the following people:

North Korea.

And frankly, if the North Koreans were going to take action against a film, why didn't they try to stop the release of the Red Dawn remake? Seriously, why didn't they? I could actually see myself siding with North Korea over that one.

But nope, they decided to go all-out over The Interview, starring Seth Rogan and James Franco. For those of you willing to give up an hour and a half of your lives to see this movie and protest fascism, I have to say: Never has so much been owed by so many to so few.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: N. Korea starts international incident over Seth Rogan m

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:19 pm

China is a HUGE ally of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. The DPRK is also a perfect patsy for the blame.

The hacking was partly an inside job and performed either by China and/or by Harvey Weinstein (Is there no limit to that man's evil?!).

Chairman Goodchild

Postby Chairman Goodchild » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:14 pm

Why would China do this? I can understand how the plot of the movie would make the perfect cover for China to pin it on North Korea, but I don't understand the motivation. Who profits?

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Sometimes it's not about profit. Sometimes it's war. Sometimes it's just general douche-baggery.

Return to “Drabblenews”