MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersnatch

It's that time of year again! Beasts will clash!
moonowl

Re: MB4 Finals - Minhotops vs. Bigger Boris vs. The Bandersn

Post by moonowl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:37 pm

Still pluggin' for Minhotops! He has effective ranged weapons, size, hovering power and strength. Once he blows up one of the other ones he'll absorb some smarts and be unbeatable.
You can't keep a soul in a box. You gotta wear it proud. It's gotta be yours, not someone else's. -Sing

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:27 am

Holdonholdonholdon: exactly what is the range of Minotops power absorption thingy? I mean, if he uses these surface to surface missiles and blows Boris (can't be Snatch, she's too busy sneaking up behind Mino :wink: ) from two miles away, surely it wouldn't be instantaneous? It would take time for the id for whatever it is to travel through the ether, so how long would this take?

Also, we have to take into account that Mino is still riding the short bus. Would he even know what to do if he suddenly had the power to roundhouse kick or phase out of space? he might end up phasing himself into a mountainside by mistake.
Let me through, I'm a colour therapist!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:22 am

He doesn't steal powers, he steals power. If he blew off Boris's legs, he could walk on over and breath in some raw strength. Bandersnatch bites aren't as painful with a godlike composition.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:19 am

OK, but what you're saying is he has to be next t the corpse?

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:39 pm

Not quite - nothing to be gained from carrion. The creatures must be subdued and consumed. Let's say a range of blasts temporarily disorients 'snatch and he conks it with his shield. Or the aforementioned Boris with blasted or chopped off leg - power harvesting central.
Instagram: @Bokaier | Twitter: @BoKaier | Vine: @BoKaier | Tumblr: bokaier.tumblr.com

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:05 pm

So that reminds me... not only is Minhotep the only one with substantial ranged weaponry, he also sucks up your strength away when you get up close. (Or your meth-breth if it's Boris.) but still...
"Give us all some Jelly"

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:19 pm

All for Minhotops on this one. Don't know if this post counts for something in addition to votes on the poll up top, but just wanted to be safe.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

angagaur

Post by angagaur » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:49 pm

He is also the only one who can fly!
And his Minotaur instincts would make him comfortable in the labyrinthine tunnels of Burrowing Borris.
And I hear he is making great progress with his special needs. Why, just last week he got a "Good Job!" sticker from for his most recent finger painting. His parents were so proud they hung it on the refrigerator for the whole family to admire!

StalinSays
Beast-Master

Post by StalinSays » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:59 am

normsherman wrote:(Or your meth-breth if it's Boris.) but still...
Power, not powers. Repeat, under no series of events could Minhotops gain the ability to phase and or use meth breath mid-round. It's a soul stealing / vitality absorption mechanic - remember it came from a creepy immortal Egyptian bug wizard. Think mummy stare.
tastycakes wrote:Don't know if this post counts for something in addition to votes on the poll up top, but just wanted to be safe.
Only the poll at the top of the page counts for votes. Written forum voting proved too confusing, as evidenced by the fact it was a year ago, and it is still confusing people. These posts can be contest entries though.

- - -

The unbridled Minhotops enthusiasm teeters on reasoned madness. He is a blunt instrument! Boris stands a fine chance of toppling the 'Topper. Boris is 'teh ninja' folks. Think element of surprise: why would Boris even have missiles coming his way unless he has already struck? Minhotops would be dealing with the clear and present danger of The Bandersnatch, not pricking his ears up for whispers in the trees. And think of the visibility issues - Minhotops has a huge ridge around / behind his head - he couldn't see behind him if he tried. Ninja strike! Think of that massive underbelly spread between his four dino legs. Burrowing ninja strike! He be hitting him all JAWS poster shark from below style.

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:09 am

That's the way I'm thinking. A huge bullroarer of aggressive weaponry is useless if he can't see his attackers.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:41 am

Like many voters, I'm too busy right now to actually examine the validity of a candidates abilities, let alone how he'll abandon his campaign principles as soon as he wins. But I'd kinda like the last vestiges of the ninja to win. Too bad I had been voting for bandersnatch.
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Ellen M

Post by Ellen M » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:55 am

Because I've grown to believe "May temporarily hallucinate or retreat into delusion" is actually a strength, not a weakness, I'm backin' Boris.

Sorry, Boris, none of my 11/4 candidates were elected either. This vote likely seals your death. I have that knack.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:56 am

StalinSays wrote:
normsherman wrote:(Or your meth-breth if it's Boris.) but still...
Power, not powers. Repeat, under no series of events could Minhotops gain the ability to phase and or use meth breath mid-round. It's a soul stealing / vitality absorption mechanic - remember it came from a creepy immortal Egyptian bug wizard. Think mummy stare.
I meant it wouldn't really be beneficial for him to be close to Boris because the toxicity would damage Mino while he'd be trying to absorb strength
"Give us all some Jelly"

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:59 am

StalinSays wrote:And think of the visibility issues - Minhotops has a huge ridge around / behind his head - he couldn't see behind him if he tried. Ninja strike! Think of that massive underbelly spread between his four dino legs. Burrowing ninja strike! He be hitting him all JAWS poster shark from below style.
That's actually a pretty solid point, I hadn't thought of that crest limiting his vision. Like that cone they put on your dog's head when it gets an ear infection or something.
"Give us all some Jelly"

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 pm

Let's look at this in films terms, shall we?

Boris - basically the kodiak bear from The Edge. Size and strength meant nothing, he was srill killed by Anthony Hopkins. Ninja skills would have possibly helped, but... Anthony Hopkins?

Minhotops - I'm thinking the Scorpion King Dwayne Johnson thing here. Less scary than a Harryhausen film, and less convincing.

Bandersnatch - You know where I'm going with this: Alien! Everyone's favourite nightmare.

Here's the question: would you rather go up against a fur rug in walking form, a badly CGd The Rock or the ultimate killing machine of the galaxy?

Ellen M

Post by Ellen M » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:36 am

Mikes wrote:Let's look at this in films terms, shall we?

Boris - basically the kodiak bear from The Edge. Size and strength meant nothing, he was srill killed by Anthony Hopkins. Ninja skills would have possibly helped, but... Anthony Hopkins?

Minhotops - I'm thinking the Scorpion King Dwayne Johnson thing here. Less scary than a Harryhausen film, and less convincing.

Bandersnatch - You know where I'm going with this: Alien! Everyone's favourite nightmare.

Here's the question: would you rather go up against a fur rug in walking form, a badly CGd The Rock or the ultimate killing machine of the galaxy?
You have a point. I'll be voting for Anthony Hopkins now. After all, who hasn't he killed?

Mikes

Post by Mikes » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:38 am

That's Sir Anthony Hopkins. You don't want hm getting all Welsh on yo' ass.

Ellen M

Post by Ellen M » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:47 am

True, that, though I'd welcome any semblance of an invasion of any number of badass single men around these parts. There's ample room in the crawl space for the bodies, if they're not traveling light, say.

strawman

Post by strawman » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:12 am

I suspect a PMS Avenger sock puppet
Never judge anyone until you have biopsied their brain.

"Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle."
Known Some Call Is Air Am
Spoiler:
Non sum qualis eram = "I am not who I will be"

Ellen M

Post by Ellen M » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:43 am

I suspect she should either be offended and I should be flattered (or vice versa). I can only do a very bad impression of myself. On a good day.