New forum members

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!

What's got you posting here, silent majority?

Mega Beast Death Match
29%
Halloween
No votes
Heard about it on another Podcast
29%
Long-time listener, I just didn't want to been seen in public with you fools
43%

Total votes: 7

tbaker2500
Site Admin

New forum members

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:28 am

I've noticed several new names around here recently. Or at least, people posting who have a very low post count. That's great!
From a market research standpoint, what brought you here or at least out of the woodwork?
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Wonko

Post by Wonko » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:56 am

I guess I'll elaborate here then, since no one else is.

I got here from a link in the post on Escape Pod post about the hiatus. That's also how I found Well Told Tales and Dunesteef.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Twitter::Facebook

zZzacha

Post by zZzacha » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Well Wonko, Welcome to this Weird and Wonderful World of ... the drabblecast :)

I found the drabblecast from a link at the EscapePod forums too, a few months ago.
wOw, I thought I had been posting here for about a year but I just noticed I joined in June of this year... That's how much I feel at home here! It feels like forever and ever.
I'll be there in 5 minutes. If not, read this again.

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:13 am

forumy people seem to be forumy people. I bet the majority of people who post here also post in other podcast forums/therefore have heard of us from other podcasts.

I want to figure out how you get non forumy people in on the action... (those of you who who have joined yet don't normally interact on forums)...
I mean, I can't even keep up with the action in this forum- people are missing out!

The forum is a huge part of this to me. I want the podcast to be a thing that ignites a larger culture of creativity and interaction.
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Post by tbaker2500 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 am

Well, if you want forum interaction, I like one thing they do o'er at Podcacher, a geocaching podcast I listen to. They'll occasionally interview a forum member over the telephone, and edit it to make it listenable. They go through a list of questions, kinda like "Inside the Actors' Studio", make you feel important. I find them quite entertaining.

We got enough truly weird ass people here to make it work, once in a while.

2c
moT
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

tastycakes

Post by tastycakes » Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:54 am

tbaker2500 wrote:Well, if you want forum interaction, I like one thing they do o'er at Podcacher, a geocaching podcast I listen to. They'll occasionally interview a forum member over the telephone, and edit it to make it listenable. They go through a list of questions, kinda like "Inside the Actors' Studio", make you feel important. I find them quite entertaining.

2c
moT
Sounds like a great idea for Bsides.
One day he will look into what a ‘stigmata’ really is; for now, it is his trump card for getting out of work. He simply says ‘stigmata’ and they say ‘shit, hope you feel better soon.’ End of story.

Kevin Anderson
Forums Czar

Post by Kevin Anderson » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:01 pm

tastycakes wrote:
tbaker2500 wrote:Well, if you want forum interaction, I like one thing they do o'er at Podcacher, a geocaching podcast I listen to. They'll occasionally interview a forum member over the telephone, and edit it to make it listenable. They go through a list of questions, kinda like "Inside the Actors' Studio", make you feel important. I find them quite entertaining.

2c
moT
Sounds like a great idea for Bsides.
Speaking of B-Sides, are we going to get more. I've never been able to see the one thats up there. Try it on several computers. Not sure what program I'm missing. Anyway are we going to get some B-sides soon?
"Sometimes I doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion"

Facebook | Web Site | Night of the Living Trekkies | Book Trailer

normsherman
Site Admin

Post by normsherman » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:51 am

Had one scheduled for this week, but now it looks like I might not even get the regular DC up till later in the week. Suddenly got slammed today and the whole schedule is whack. Next week though for sure.

You probably can't get the one up now because it's a .mov file- it's just a video of a concert I did this summer of my weird music. Will not be the usual thing on bsides.
"Give us all some Jelly"