Love dem new website

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
Leprejuan

Love dem new website

Postby Leprejuan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:16 am

As a non-apple user, I gotta say 1-click access to the show and no whitepage links = whahahha! Of course, there is something to be said for the old, more difficult access keeping those kids across the street from hanging out here, but I usually enjoy what kids have to say....

normsherman
Site Admin

Re: Love dem new website

Postby normsherman » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:36 am

Wait, what's he saying? Someone explain, sounds important! haha
"Give us all some Jelly"

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm not sure what he's saying. Could you please elucidate?
As it stands, we've moved the feeds over to a new source, and that could be what you are seeing. However, the new website isn't up and rolling yet. Let's just say we have a patchwork going right now.

But please, to help us further define what works for non-apple users, couldja be specific about what is and is not better?

Thanks!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Leprejuan

Postby Leprejuan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:53 am

Certainly. I used to have RSS through Firefox that worked kinda crappily. Clicking on the link (just like I do for Abby or Big&Risch) would take me to a [quicktime, MP4 or some other video format] for the episode, and then I'd have to navigate around to get to the main page.

The MP3 link off the old site took Firefox to a blank white page, not any MP3's. I could DL the MP3's later when they made the "every five" archive, or use a special (somewhat unreliable) Firefox plugin to take the original quicktime file from the main page and zap it into an MP3.

M y first ever comment wasn't about the terrific stories, but was a quick comment about some jerk who overreacted and complained about his trouble getting the stories. Norm shot back a polite note about how to do so, the way you do for the... less able computer users. I piped in that actually, I had very similar troubles to the loudmouth, but I had just found a way around it.

Later, after you added the subscribe link, I discovered if I used the red SUBSCRIBE TO MP3 link and pretended to subscribe every bleeding time, I could access the feed directly during the bookmarking process and I started grabbing them that way, off the feed.

This site does what the old one was SUPPOSED to that way. I clicked on the RSS link from my browser and came directly to the main page. I used SAVE AS from the MP3 link on the main page and BAM, it downloaded. Such luxury.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:47 am

Well good, thanks for the info. But you are then going to love the new site, as it will actually let you download the episode from the front page! Gasp. I don't know what we will do with all these modern conveniences. :D
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

Return to “Don't be Shy...”