All Drabbles and Twabbles?

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
unseentangerine

All Drabbles and Twabbles?

Postby unseentangerine » Thu May 15, 2014 12:58 am

I got an idea—could there be an episode, perhaps annually, that features only drabbles and twabbles not used in other episodes? I have only been lurking in the forums for a few weeks yet (as far as you now, I'm very good at lurking), but there are many very good stories that for obvious reasons were not used in other episodes. eh, eh?
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

Algernon Sydney is Dead

Re: All Drabbles and Twabbles?

Postby Algernon Sydney is Dead » Thu May 15, 2014 1:35 am

Norm halfway does this with his "Trifectas". They don't seem to get as much love as the full-length stories, IMO.

Maybe it's cause we want to immerse ourselves in worlds we find pleasant or interesting. The "Wham, Bam, Thank you, Ma'am", shorter formats are great in small doses, but...

Still, it's worth a shot. Certainly seems like an easier way to crank out a Bsides episode if nothing else.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:33 am

Good idear. But even if he doesn't, that's what the dribblecast is for. Record some yourself!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

unseentangerine

Postby unseentangerine » Thu May 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Hey I forgot about the trifectas. Maybe I should listen to the show more often? But I have a question too. I had something I thought would be perfect for the dribblecast but it seemed like there had been no activity there for a while. I think I'm misunderstanding some part of it.
PS
Some people are really into the "wham bam thank you ma'am." Know what I mean? Not me. I'm just saying they're out there.
Many on the forum have asked me, so here's my answer: a spoonful of lighter fluid. And you'll need to wash it out really well when you're done.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu May 15, 2014 8:12 pm

It's dropped way off, but there was a recent posting there, so I know it still lives. It's just lonely.
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

tbaker2500
Site Admin

Postby tbaker2500 » Fri May 16, 2014 1:06 am

We just had a fun new episode go up. www.dribblecast.org
The dribblecast is entirely crowd-sourced material and production. So if not much is happening there, it's time to add to it!
You're my quasi-ichthian angel, you're my half-amphibian queen...

The Dribblecast, we don't care if you sound like an idiot.

unseentangerine

Postby unseentangerine » Sat May 17, 2014 4:58 am

Lonely? Desperate? I'll be there. That's good to know because I was getting into the idea. So if it's just been hibernating, Imma go poke it with stick.

Poptart Mayhem

Postby Poptart Mayhem » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:21 pm

the trifectas are my fav episodes!
i think that would be a good idea! i like the short small ones because i get to be exposed to a bunch of different authors at once. i know i could just read them but i listen while i work and dont really have time. and when i do read its like, well i can finish this 1000 plus book iv been working on or i can read a bunch of short stories. i guess i just dont like to back down once i start up on a book you know what i mean jelly bean?

Return to “Don't be Shy...”