A vacation?

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
AspirationRealized

A vacation?

Postby AspirationRealized » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:51 am

I keep checking every sunday for the newest episode of the drabblecast, but it's been a few weeks now. I'm a relatively new subscriber so I don't know if this is a typical thing, but I've seen an episode released every week so far, or if not they double up the following week.

Not that I am ungrateful, or want to rush them. On the contrary, the drabblecast is my favorite podcast and I appreciate all the work that goes into it. Just wondering what's up is all.

ConstanceGardener

Re: A vacation?

Postby ConstanceGardener » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:05 am

It used to be very regular. Since Norm took over at Escape Pod we see fewer posts over here.

I'm worried about Norm. As for help if you need it dear man!

You, lucky person, have the entire archive to work your way through. You can download it in 25 story chunks. A very good way to pass the hours.

AspirationRealized

Postby AspirationRealized » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:30 am

Yeah I find it strange that there hasn't been any word on what's going on. I have been listening to the archives, and it seems when he was late in the past he was pretty forthcoming with the why.

I actually started mixing up other podcasts with the archived episodes because I was scared of running out of Drabblecast episodes that are new to me. Now I'm starting to wonder if maybe we've run out of episodes that are new to everyone...

That sounds all too dramatic but while listening to these old archive episodes from the Drabblecast and others, I hear promotions and references to other podcasts and once I look them up, more often that not, I discover they discontinued years ago. Well told tales, variant frequencies, the entire district of wonders, etc... but the Drabblecast is the last I would expect to go out like that. It's too strange to die.

EDIT:

Thanks for making your first post just to speculate with me. No one else bringing this up was maddening.

ExecuDork

Postby ExecuDork » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Long time listener, first time caller / poster / tentacle-stroker

I was also worried and confused by the echoing silence of the front page of the Drabblecast, but I found Norm's twitter feed and while he's still active - there are recent tweets about twabbles - there's a note from a little while ago announcing a hiatus and a promise to return in November.

There is also a comment in another thread here from Adam, who has been in contact with Norm and assures us he (Norm) is alright and the Drabblecast will return! Presumably with tales of insanity, only some of which will be fiction.

VDub2174

Postby VDub2174 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:18 pm

ExecuDork wrote:Long time listener, first time caller / poster / tentacle-stroker

I was also worried and confused by the echoing silence of the front page of the Drabblecast, but I found Norm's twitter feed and while he's still active - there are recent tweets about twabbles - there's a note from a little while ago announcing a hiatus and a promise to return in November.

There is also a comment in another thread here from Adam, who has been in contact with Norm and assures us he (Norm) is alright and the Drabblecast will return! Presumably with tales of insanity, only some of which will be fiction.

This is great to hear!!

I've been frantically refreshing my podcast feed in hopes that a new episode will pop up :)

I'm glad to hear that Norm is doing well.

Return to “Don't be Shy...”