Show notes and music

What works for Drabblecast? What doesn't? New ideas? Speak up!
Friggincomp

Show notes and music

Postby Friggincomp » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:35 pm

I just started listening, and so far I really like it. In episode 124, I really liked some of the music that played in the background and I figured I would just look in the show notes. But I can't find any show notes. Maybe I've been spoiled by other podcasts, but I got used to having show notes that I could refer to. I saw that someone mentioned it in the forums 2 years ago, did I just miss it on the site?

Anyway, if you could just let me know what the music in 124 was, I would appreciate. And if time is an issue for show notes, maybe make a wiki where listeners could help you fill the show notes.

Cheers

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Show notes and music

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:58 pm

There are show notes for every episode at www.drabblecast.org

I'm not 100 percent sure it's true in the case of this episode, but most of the music on Drabblecast is written and performed by Norm himself.

Yes, he's really that good.

Fricken annoying isn't it.

P.S. Norm, I know you've been conning and all, but that's no excuse to skip the showers...

I must now go and attempt to wash that pungent taste from my mouth with a double shot of espresso.

P.P.S. Welcome to the forums Friggencomp. Lots of the threads here rival Drabblecast episodes themselves for sheer entertainment value, if you can put up with those few bad apples that have a tendency to over-post.

Some people. sheesh.

P.P.P.S.***** DAMMIT, I just missed a golden opportunity. When submitting an edit to this post I got a page saying "Forum Overloaded, an excessive load on the servers has prevented this posting, please try again later..."

If that happens again I'm screen shotting it and making myself a new avatar out of it.

Think I can make it occur again?

<re-doubles efforts>
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

ROU Killing Time
Notorious Forum Hog

Re: Show notes and music

Postby ROU Killing Time » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Aha, Norm didn't write all the music in this episodes. Perhaps he is merely Human..... Naaaaah, (Norm, next time you have Xex with a Zeta-Primean, please use protection...)

Here is the Show notes from www.drabblecast.org home page, right below the Donate buttons.

(EDIT: Oops, that's for show 128... Nothing on 124 which means Norm probably wrote it, I'm thinking. He tends to be the humble sort, preferring to let everyone else do the raving...)

Drabblecast 128- The End of the Universe by Eugie Foster Drabble- The Story by Michael Young
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
"Countdown commencing," the computer announced. "Termination of the universe in 10 . . . 9 . . . 8 . . ."

Eight seconds until the end of everything. No Earth, no galaxy, no existence...

Eugie Foster
Kim and the Geek Pantheon
Xray Visions
The Dunesteef
The Prophet of Panamindorah
Music by Steve Stanger, Paradroid, Chris Willits and Norm Sherman
More... | No Comments
"Never fuck with The Culture"
Sublime In Peace Iain M. Banks.

Return to “Don't be Shy...”